Politics Child Abuse

This is a difficult thing to talk about, but I was just wondering about everyone's thoughts on this. My parents have hurt me ever since I can remember and they continue to do so. :thinking:

not only is it physically, it's mentally and emotionally too.

Oh my gosh Courtney!!! that's so aweful! I haven't experienced abuse myself, but my best friend recently told me that her parents hurt her. and that she has been sent to a safe house-type place for battered children several times. her dad doesn't know his own stregnth, and her mom just tells her she provokes him to hit and punch her. he has given my friend several bloody noses, and bruises, and caused her great depression.

If there's anything i can do to help you i will. i helped my friend cope with it, although i haven't been able to bring myself to tell my parents, because i'm affraid they wont let me go to her house then. i wish child abuse didn't exist. *bursts into tears* :( :( :(

that's a really good idea, about the councelor! school councelors are really helpfull, and they can help put an end to the violence. or at least they can try.

i think i am going to talk to my councelor about my friend's experience with abuse. it is sick and wrong, and it's time i put an end to her suffering. in fact, it's time we put an end to it in general. :smiley:

Alias_Girl_624 said:
that's a really good idea, about the councelor! school councelors are really helpfull, and they can help put an end to the violence. or at least they can try.

i think i am going to talk to my councelor about my friend's experience with abuse. it is sick and wrong, and it's time i put an end to her suffering. in fact, it's time we put an end to it in general. :smiley:
you can trust your concellor, and you could also suggest family counselling.

Aww I'm sorry Kiki.

My dad used to hit my older sister with a belt. Once he accidently got her with the buckle side... never did it again. We got lots of spankings. My mom used to hit us with a wooden spoon until it broke. And then she used her slipper. They were also big on pinching, which I think hurt more than the spanking. But their preferred method of punishment was making us stand up and face a wall for however long they felt like.

I don't know why I ever needed spanking... I mean, they would just yell and I'd get the point. I guess it worked for me, I still cower and my eyes smart when they yell at me. It backfired on my brother though, 'cause he yells back. He even hit my mom once. I really got in his face for that though.

Ugh, I don't plan on having kids, but if I do, I'm never going to hit them.

Kiki-
It saddens me deeply to hear that you have been abused by your parents. I can't believe that they would abuse their own daughter. If you ever need to talk, I'm here for you and I'm sure many other members would be too. You should also try to seek the help of a school counselor, that's what they're there for. Your parents have no right to abuse you in any way, so NEVER think that it's your fault.

Again I'm really sorry to learn this and I hope that soon your parents realize the error of their ways.

:smiley:

hey kiki!

i know it will be hard for you tell anyone, like a school conselor cuz i know it was tough for you to tell us but it will be for the better. Its a really good idea. It might be a good idea to build sum corage b 4 u go if u are scared by reading stories and books on it on the interenet. i can find some on the internet and give you links if you want me too.
I suffer from depression because its genetic. i hate telling people about it because i think they will think lower of me but its genetic and a chemical imbalance so you souldn't feel bad at all because none of this is your falt. And were all here to support you. We want to know our fellow alias best friends that were gonna have for like are gonna be okay.
i KNOW you can talk to me and pm ANY of us if you need to just get it all out. It will hard at first but when you pour it out it will feel really good. Thats what happened when i told a physcolgist about how i felt about my parents divorce. Its really hard to tell my friends and others that i see a pyhcoloist because they think im crazy and wierd and pyhsco but its just where she talk to me and stuff and were friends. PLus shes really kool and i know she'll keep it confindentionl. Just like a consulor. WOW this is long!!! i typed that fast. But you know when ur in the deps of despare rember us. remeber we care ALOT about or alias friends and we want you to be happy and safe so pm or im me ANYTIME DAY OR NIGHT!!

~lauren vartan

Sometimes telling someone about your pain is cathartic.

And there is both depression that is genetic and depression that is caused by the external environment. And yes, it has to do with a chemical imbalance... I do believe it's dopamine.

That is absolutely awful, Courtney. Have you talked to anyone about it, tried to get any help? Others have offered already, and I'm going to add myself in here too- if you ever need/want to talk at all, please feel free to PM me.

Oh My God,Courtney! :eek:
I just read this and it made me so sad :(
How can people do that to their children?They don't have the right to abuse them! :angry:
I really think that you should try and talk about this with someone...because this has got to come to an end....
You can't keep living like that...It's not fair to you or to all the others who are abused! :angry:
And if you don't want to talk about it with someone else..just know that we are all here for you :smiley:
You can always pm too..I'm really good at listening to people's problems....
I really wish you all the strenght of the world and I pray to God that your suffering will come to an end!
Take care!
--Patricia--

:blush2: aww, you all are too kind to me. *tears up* thanks so much :smiley:

And yes, I have told my social worker and others, but my parents are experts at denying it. :thinking:

my parents are experts at denying it.

oh, Court, i'm so sorry *cries in sympathy* this is so awfull.

i do kinda have an idea, though, and i'm being serious, not just kicking into syd-spy mode. you could catch them hurting you on a video (like hide a camera behind a plant or something wherever you are being hurt) or if you have one of those voice record things that we all had as little kids (were they called "yackbacks"? i think so...) and you could catch them on tape that way. I really think parent abuse is wrong, and even if they deny it, there are ways to catch them at it. even if you do these things, you still need to talk to someone who will believe you about the abuse, and stand up for you.

My friend who is abused says she always feels a rush of adreniline when she is being hit, and says she tries to fight back. while this is not the best way to react, you may want to try and resist. take up karatee or a martial art. it will really help your self confidence and your ability to resist.

finally, i would like to ask you how often your abuse occurs. I mean, is this a rare occurance, or does it happen nearly every week? i would certianly hope your parents don't have the nerve to hurt you often. they really shouldn't have the nerve to hurt you at all. :(

Hey, Courtney, i truly feel bad for you, but i live in the same conditions also. When i was young, my dad beat up my mom alot and i remember running to my room crying. Or when im in the basement i hear thuds and yelling. My mom is so innocent and such a good person. She never hurts us, but my dad is such a monster and i think mentall ill. He takes his anger out on me and my 2 other brothers too. Just this year in Boston, right in public he pushed my oldest brother around. And pushed the other while he was on the stairs. But im really glad right now, because hes gone for the weekend.

ISpy10 said:
Hey, Courtney, i truly feel bad for you, but i live in the same conditions also. When i was young, my dad beat up my mom alot and i remember running to my room crying. Or when im in the basement i hear thuds and yelling. My mom is so innocent and such a good person. She never hurts us, but my dad is such a monster and i think mentall ill. He takes his anger out on me and my 2 other brothers too. Just this year in Boston, right in public he pushed my oldest brother around. And pushed the other while he was on the stairs. But im really glad right now, because hes gone for the weekend.
oh that's so awfull! :eek: have you talked to anyone (besides us) about it?

ISpy10 im soo sorry!! it just destroys me to see this happening escpecially to my fellow alias pals!! maybe you should talk to someone and get help while he is away. this might be the best time. and if there are four of you against him i don't think they would think you are all lying. How often does he abuse you, your siblings, and your mom? Make sure you talk to someone. Its not normal and its not ok. Don't ignore it. same with you kiki!! it can only get worse if you do nothing about it.

Kiki your in my prayers!! i think that catching them is a really good idea. Plus maybe if you talk to your social worker he/she can help you. but just make sure you do it very well. make sure you don't get caught by your parents because they can make it a lot worse. Just remeber syd and be smart. its ur mission!! hehehe!! im a dork. but make sure you are safe. and remember we are here for you. you too ISpy10. Pm any of us to talk. im good at listening and stuff. Anytime you wanna talk or spill everything out.

wow i'm really surprised you can talk about it so easily kikicourt and 1spy01. I have a friend who is neglected by her parents, she tells like . . no one. Its good your able to get it out so publicly ^_^ your in my prayers.

Back