Coming home to you

hey guys,

The first chapter of this story is partly based on the one parter You'll be in my heart (which you can find by clicking on my link in my sig). You don't necesarilly have to have read it because most of it returns in the first chapter.
A lot of people asked me to continue it and after two years it's finally happening.
Now do note that this is only a two-parter so that's it. There will be no more chapters after that.
The second part will be up next Thursday

Setting: AU, partly season 3, Vaughn is married and he and Sydney have to deal with it.

Enjoy!
Chapter 1(below) Chapter 2

Chapter 1

Whenever something beautiful happens in your life, you are always afraid that it will go away after a while and you don’t want that because you want to stay in that wonderful bliss you are in forever.

Unfortunately, things like cruelty sometimes come and disturb the perfect life you are leading and then you suddenly feel lost again.
This was exactly what had happened to Sydney Bristow too.

She had known so much misery after Danny died and she had learned the truth about SD-6 and then suddenly in all that misery and pain she had gotten to know the most wonderful man she had ever met.

For a long time, Michael Vaughn was the only one she could confide in and it might still be the case if that disastrous day hadn’t had happened.

In only twenty- four hours time she had learned that she had been missing for two years and that the only man she truly loved, had gotten married during that time.
So it was a big understatement if you said that she was devastated about this because in reality, she felt as if she had just died for a second time.
Only this time she couldn’t see a way out of it.

It had been exactly two weeks since she had that talk with Michael that she would have waited if it had happened to him and still she couldn’t quite get over it.

It was already eleven o’clock at night and still, sleep couldn’t get her.
The only thing she did was lay awake and think about everything and everyone.

Knowing that she would probably never fall asleep that night anyway, she got out of bed and put on a sweater and some pants.
She then walked out of her new house and jogged the two blocks to the beach. Maybe the sea would calm her down a bit.

On the other side of the town, there was another person who lay awake...Vaughn.
He was already tossing and turning for about two hours and when he looked down at his wife, he started thinking.

Of course he was in love with her and he was happy. But he also knew that he couldn't go on with his life if things were left unsaid between Sydney and him. So he kissed Lauren on her cheek and got out of bed.

He quickly put on some clothes and he was about to leave the bedroom when he heard Lauren's voice.
"Michael?"
"Ssh...it's ok. You can go back to sleep."
"Where are you going?"
"I don't know. I just need some time to think. I'll be back in a few hours, don’t worry!"
"Ok. Be careful."
"I will." He then took one last look at his wife and walked away.

It was only a fifteen minute drive to get to Sydney's house. And as he was sitting there in his car in front of her door, he didn't want to wake her up. But he soon admitted to himself that maybe he was just scared to be with her and talk to her.
So he started the car again and drove to the beach to think about what he had to do.

Vaughn got out of his car and walked with his bare feet in the sand.
As he was walking down the shore line, he soon spotted another person. He walked closer and he saw that the woman was hugging her knees and if he listened very well he could hear her crying softly.

The woman suddenly felt someone else's presence and looked up. She was surprised when she saw that it was Vaughn.
"Sydney?"
"Vaughn...what are you doing here?" He smiled.
"I could ask you the same thing."
"I guess I just couldn't sleep."
"Me neither...Do you mind if I sit?" She shook her head and he went to sit down next to her.
"How are you doing?" She shrugged her shoulders.
"I should probably say that I'm ok...but I'm not." He took her hand in his and squeezed it lightly and he was surprised that she didn’t even pull back.
"I know...Look, there's something I have to give you."

He removed his hand from hers and took a little velvet box out of his pocket. When she opened it, she was surprised by what she saw. It was a beautiful diamond ring.
"I was planning on asking you to marry me in Santa Barbara but I never got the chance." Tears were streaming down their faces.
"Oh Vaughn!"
"See...I did care for you and I still do Syd." She leaned over and hugged him.
"I'm sorry Vaughn. Please forgive me for all the things I've said to you in the past few days...Please?"
"You're forgiven." He then leaned back a bit and gave her a kiss on her cheek.
Vaughn then got up.
"Just remember one thing..."
"What's that?"
"You'll always be in my heart, no matter what." And all she could do was nod because fresh tears were forming in her eyes .

Vaughn walked away, leaving her alone again with her thoughts at the beach. But at least she knew now that she could always count on him when things got hard again.

ooooh i love it can i have a pm for the second part(if your sending them)
i hope syd n vaughn can get togother soon
lol gracie
thanks for the pm

Awww yay!!! :woot:
im so happy youre continuing this!
Really you made my day. . .
Im so glad cos i was really looking forward to it! :hug:

thanks for the Pm Cutie :blush:

Dear Ms.MichaelVaughn

You have to and i mean HAVE TO make sure that Vaughn divorces Lauren and goes to Syd because fake proposals are friken EVIL. HaHa just like Christmas!lmao

nice work

Hey guys!

Thank you so much for the wonderful reviews :D
I won't be sending out pm's but next update is on thursday and there will be link to it on the first page :smiley:
Thanks again everyone

Hey everyone,

thank you so much for reading and reviewing :D
This is the last chapter of this very short story and I hope you'll like it.
I guess there is nothing more to say besides HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS and I'll see you all in the New Year with another story :D
Take care :smiley:

Chapter 2

It had been exactly one year since that night at the beach when Vaughn had told her he was still in love with her and he had given her that ring and even though she knew he was still married, she couldn’t help but keep the diamond ring close to her.

So as soon as she had gotten home that night, she had placed in on a necklace that was long enough and linked it through the diamond so it cold be close to her heart every minute of each day she had to survive without Michael being next to her the way he used to be.

And now one year later, it was still there and she never regret holding it there one single day.
She only hoped that one day she could actually wear it on her finger instead of having to lock it away and make sure that no one ever saw it because she knew for sure that if Lauren ever found out, she and Michael would be both dead.
And the last thing she wanted was to be the cause of his unhappiness.

Over the passed year a lot had changed because the more time that passed, the more Michael seemed to have come to the realization that he wasn’t where he supposed to be and definitely not with the right person.

It seemed as if the love he had ever felt for Lauren started to disappear with each passing second and lately it seemed that each day they were together, seemed to be one too much.

They had been fighting over everything and nothing and no matter what the other did, there was always something that was wrong and that needed to be discussed about and he hated being that way.

But the more he started to hate everything his life with Lauren represented, the more he started to think about the what ifs.

What if he had asked Sydney to marry him sooner?
What if she had never went missing? Would they have been married by now? Would they already have a family of their own or were they expecting a bundle of joy?
What if he had indeed waited longer for her?

And no matter how many times he asked himself these questions, the answer still remained unknown and after having debated with himself for what seemed like the millionth time that day, he finally knew what he had to do.

So that night he finally did what he had been doing a long time ago already and once he had, it felt as if all the weight he had been carrying suddenly fell of his shoulders and he had never felt so free before.

The only thing he hoped for now was that the only person he had ever really and truly loved, would be able to forgive him and take him back.

It was already pretty late and Sydney was just about to go to sleep when there was someone at the door.
Wondering who it could be at that hour, she was a bit hesitant to open the door but she did so anyway.

As soon as she had opened it, she was surprised to see it was Vaughn.
“Vaughn? What are you doing here? Is everything all right?”
“No not really. Can I come in?”
“Michael.”
“Please.”
“Okay.”

And as soon as he had walked inside, they both went to sit next to each other on the couch in the comfortable living room.
“What is it?”
“I needed to talk to you about something.”
“Okay.”
“I broke up with Lauren.”
“What?”
“I broke up with her this morning because it was the only right thing to do.”
“Vaughn, I…”
“No, please, let me say this. All my life I wanted to meet someone that was special enough for me to spend my entire life with and when I met you, I knew I had to stop searching. But then you were taken away from me and I never believed in meeting another love until Lauren came. And I really thought she was right but she wasn’t Syd. All she was, was a substitute for something I longed for and couldn’t have and I couldn’t take it any longer. I wasn’t myself anymore with you and the more that time passed, the longer I was away from you, the more I realized that you were everything I ever wanted and I don’t know if you believe in second chances but I really hope you do…I love you Syd and I’ll always will.”

And by the time he had finished his speech, she was in tears again and she felt more love for him than one could ever thought possible.
“Oh Vaughn…”
“Please give me another chance Syd, please.”
And suddenly she revealed the necklace and when he saw this, he was amazed because he had never realized that she had been wearing it every day.
“You wore it.”
“I kept it close to my heart because you were and are the only one that can ever possess my heart completely. I love you Michael Vaughn.”
And the next thing they knew, they were kissing each other with an even more passion than they used to have and when they pulled back for air a few minutes later, he revealed something that held everything they ever would need to know.
“Thank you for letting me come home to you again. You are the only home I ever want to come home to for the rest of my life and I swear that I will make us worth fighting for, for as long as I live.”

And with that they both knew that everything was the way it had supposed to be from the very beginning.
And there was nothing that could prevent them anymore from coming home to each other because they were together for life.

THE END

Oh man sweet
he finally relised what he was missing with syd and broke up with lauren
but he wasted a wole year
eh guys do take longer to figure simple things out

but oh so goood

Hope you have a great christmas, stay safe, dont get to drunk (or make sure you get someone to take really good pics) and ill be waiting for the new year

take care

dani

I know it was a year and that it was long but hey, JJ didn't bring them back together soon either right?

Anyways, thank you both for reading :D
HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS

Back