Cookie monster not the cookie monster anymore?

SkyGirl5 said:
wow thats really sad
i highly doubt the fact that hes "cookie monstar" is contributing to the obsesity of the children in america..... but .... whatever i never liked sesame street anyway
[post="1307753"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>YOU WHAT?</span>

I agree with Jamison. more people are going to be upset with the change rather than having a bad influence..

I mean.. it's one of those things that you grow up with.. and i'm sorry but when I was little (and even now when I still watch sesame street religiously :P), I didn't watch the cookie monster and think "oh look. he's eating cookies, so why can't I?"

:angry:

I'm sooo upset about this.. it's like changing a part of your childhood.. and I don't want to do that

:sadangel:

There's gotta be SOME sort out protest against this.. *hopeful*

This is a new level of ridiculousness which is right up there with people suing McDonald's for making them fat. I watched Sesame Street when I was in preschool 20 years ago and I turned out okay: 170 lbs. and 5ft. 8in. (same height as JG). Words can't explain how ludicrous this is.

Don't they get it? kids are going to stop watching sesame street.. and everyone who loves the cookie monster won't love him anymore

🇳🇴

ams4alias said:
This is just like when some towns in America won't let the Wiggles play because they think their children will develop Aussie acents and use Aussie slang!
[post="1307768"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
My God what arrogance! They bombard the rest of the world with their culture.

Perhaps if they watched The Wiggles they might produce actors for Lost who can speak like human beings!!

I think this whole thing is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. No kid's gonna start eating tofu because the Cookie Monster does. I think it's stupid to blame tv for the obesity of children. It's not like the tv is giving kids cookies to eat. It's the parents who are doing that. It's the parents who give their kids cookies and candy and fast food while letting them sit all day and watch tv and play video games. People are dumb.

Now I'm all sad because watching Cookie Monster sing "C is for Cookie" is one of my favorite Sesame Street memories.

wow.
okay so i never actually watched sesame street... but this is ridiculous...
its probably already been said, but maybe kids should be like... i dunno running around outside and using up calories from cookies that they eat instead of sitting in front of screens all day in this lovely computer/tv/video game culture thats going on in the US and is spreading rapidly to the UK.
i mean, the cookie monster is so cool. never seen him but he (presumeably) likes cookies and eats a lot of cookies and therefore must be cool.
maybe if parents thought about rationing levels of watching tv etc. then kids would be less obese. Oh! maybe if parents didn't give their kids cookies then kids would be less obese.
but no, of course its the fault of the tv show. the character that all kids know isn't real and of course no kid actually believes is real. :rolleyes:
what is the world coming to?!

i suppose next the UK will be getting rid of the Why Bird from playdays as she promotes kids asking questions.

please note: i wasn't trying to be rude about the whole "i'm gonna sit in front of tv and stay here forever" sorta thing thats happening in the uk and the usa... i am a firm believer that one can survive on the artificial light of a computer screen... ;)

wow! i don't think my childhood would be the same without sesame street! i love the cookie monster! even though i was terrified of him when i was little, because of his large mouth... :angelic: but c'mon! he's a worldwide celebrity! you can't change him! :thinking:

I heard they want to make some kinda vegie monser that loves vegies!! That is the dumbes think ever. I heard this over the past weekend!!*shackes her head at the stupid american people!!*
SYD

Kids all over the world hate vegetables. America might have a serious obesity problem, but children who watch Sesame Street in plenty of other countries don't. So clearly they are putting the blame on the worng thing.....

well there was a guy how suited Mc dees for making him fat!! SO I think that when I comes to all this stuff its stupid!!! They just want to point finger at someone beside them self!!
SYD

"oh kids look it's the vegie monster.yay!"
OH yea, cos that has the same ring to it and the same appeal.
can i just say, if ppl really r obese becoz of a muppet, it suggests that they have brains the size of a pea and maybe the problem isn;t the cookie monster, but the gulible ppl watching who lack any sort of self-control.
BAH to sesame street maker ppl...BAH i say BAH!

oh yea my science teacher told me about this, and im glad i at least got to see the original seseme street, cause seriously kids are going to eat cookies weather or not theres a cookie monster or not, seriously i ate cookies before seseme street ill eat it after (im not saying im old cause im only 14 but i started watching seseme street at 2 and i ate cookies before then) so yea haha

Since the cookie moster is now going to be cookie monster..lite? Why don't they change every character that loves cookies? Buster on Arthur loves pigging out on junk food is going to be a vegan now? And Angelica from Rugarts is always finding ways to get cookies, is she now going to trick the babies into stealing carrots for her?

i suppose next the UK will be getting rid of the Why Bird from playdays as she promotes kids asking questions.

they wouldn't !!!!! would they :blink: ?

and and what about rosie? the roundabout that wouldn't be good... roll up and ride on rosie, she'll spin you around and around dum dum dum :cry:

ams4alias said:
^^You never liked Sesame Street? HOW?

[post="1307768"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Bubbles said:
<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>YOU WHAT?</span>

[post="1307891"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

hahah wow ok chill out
i just was never a fan.... i dont remember what i was watching instead... considering its 15 years ago :lol: :Ph34r:

Back