Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

Foodies The cookies are here, the cookies are here!

Discussion in 'Open Chat' started by Kevin, Feb 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

Yep, for those of us in the States it is that time of the year again.... this years Girl Scout Cookies have arrived! :D

I'm a sucker for the Thin Mints. It is just a shame that "Thin Mints" have the exact opposite effect on the person eating them. <sigh>

I've asked the person selling them here at the office that if I come back next week saying I need to buy more Thin Mints then she is to tell me no. :ROFLMAO:

2. Black Mathias

Black Mathias Twisted Mentat

Thin Mints are the best...have you ever had grasshopper pie? It's like a cross between thin mints and a cheese cake.

3. Kevin

I don't recall it by that name but now I'm intrigued. I think I'll do some searching to see what Google comes up with.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I think Grasshopper Pie is an ice box pie?

4. Black Mathias

Black Mathias Twisted Mentat

Yeah, and I think my mom found the recipe somewhere online too. I'll ask her and get back to you. Trust me, you will not be disappointed!

5. angelamia

angelamia Scout

OMG i need to find a girl scout. Thin mints used to be my favorite but now I'm all about the tagalongs. SO good. I used to be the girl scout selling the cookies ;)

6. Kevin

Which ones are the tagalongs? I found out this year that the cookies are different in the various regions. Besides the Thin Mints (delicious stored in the 'fridge!) my favorites this year are the "Thank-a-lots" which are the shortbreads with a fudge coating on one side and also the lemon cookies which are shortbreads with a lemon icing coating on one side.

And the woman at my office broke her word... she sold me more Thin Mints! :banghead: :D

7. angelamia

angelamia Scout

i know, way to wait 9 months to respond. I never did end up getting any cookies :(

Tagalongs are the "twix-like" ones, as in there's a nice glob of peanut butter on a cracker which is covered in chocolate

8. Kevin

OOOhh.... I don't think I've seen them in this area this year then.

Sorry to hear you didn't get any cookies this year but look on the bright side... it is only a few more months until it is cookie time again! :D

9. Kevin

Oh, this won't be good.... being able to buy Girl Scout Cookies online?!

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/238e...c8c7/girls-scouts-byting-digital-cookie-sales
    So now I can order Thin Mints without having to leave my house? Uh, oh...