Costumes Hold The Truth

Ok, I just wrote this, so excuse me for not being totally specific and deep. It only took two hours, but whatever, i like it. Now i feel the need to share it with you all.

Title: Costumes Hold The Truth
Author: AliasSydney502
Rating: PG
Summary: One Parter

~Halloween Night~

The party was still in full swing. People were milling around, checking out costumes, talking to their friends, drinking and eating the pot-luck food. Michael was dressed up as a groom, and heard his stomach growl for the third time that night. He headed over to the food table and looked at his options, normal party food. He sighed, which didn’t go unnoticed by someone near him.

“Nothing too good looking, hmm?” Her soft melodic voice drifted to his ears.

He looked up to see the most beautiful girl he had ever seen, dressed as an angel, wings and all. “Nah, it just doesn’t look good now. I’m sure it tastes fine.” To prove his point, he reached in the nearest bowl and grabbed a chip and placed it in his mouth, immediately regretting it.

“Sure… How’s it taste?” She asked teasingly, noticing the horror on his face.

“God awful.” He grabbed a napkin and spit it out as fast as he could. He noticed her step back slightly, and look at the floor. “What’s wrong?” He asked.

“You shouldn’t say that.” She said quietly, ashamed that she had spoken up.

“What?” He thought about what he just said. “Oh, ‘God’. Sorry, it slipped.” He saw her get a little more comfortable and move back over. “This tastes so bad, wanna go get a drink?” He asked, pointing towards the kitchen where the drinks were.

“Sure.” She followed him to the kitchen space and looked around bashfully at all the macho football jocks getting smashed and acting like idiots. He heard her mutter something under her breath.

“Um.. The good stuff’s down here.” He lead her down into the basement, away from the noise of the party and into the cellar-like basement.

“Maybe we should stay up there with the party?” She seemed shy and concerned to be left alone with him, away from everyone else.

“Don’t worry, I don’t bite.” He replied, hoping she would get more comfy and relax. She seemed uncomfortable and he wanted to make her feel at home. He had never seen her at school before or around town and figured she was new to the area. “So, are you new around her? I haven’t seen you before.” He tried to make small talk while he searched the hidden fridge under the stairs.

“You could say that.”

“What’s your name?” He stood back up with two pops in his hands and offered one to her. She took it lightly and they moved over to the couch, sitting down. Her wings seemed to not even get in the way, Michael was amazed because they were quite large.

“Sydney.” She said, almost a whisper. “Yours?”

“Michael. I live down the block, the blue one with the little bushes.” He pointed in the direction his house would be, were they on the street.

“I know.” She admonished shyly. He assumed she had seen him walk to the party and decided to change the subject.

“So… An angel eh?” He pointed at her costume.

“Yeah.” She looked him in the eyes, a small smile playing at her lips. “What are you? Wait, let me guess.” She bit her nail, seeming to be thinking. “A groom, looking for his bride?” She guessed.

“Wow. Yeah, I thought nobody would get it. It’s just a tux…”

“I get it.”

“So, Sydney,” He liked her name, it felt like the only name he would ever be able to say with so much ease, “A good girl like you must have a boyfriend?”

“No.” She answered.

“Why not?” He wondered why such a pretty girl would not be taken already.

“No time.”

“Oh, yeah, school can be hard.” He sipped his pop and fidgeted uneasily, wondering what else to talk about.

“So, do you?” She asked a minute later, so quiet he almost missed it.

“Hmm?” He forgot what they were talking about, lost daydreaming about her.

She smiled and her cheeks dimpled, he wanted to kiss her so badly, but it would be rude. “Silly, a girlfriend.” She rolled her eyes when he was still speechlessly staring at her. “Earth to Michael?” He loved the way his name sounded on her lips.

“Oh, no. I don’t.” He admitted. He had recently broken up with his girlfriend because he caught her cheating on him. “So…”

“So…” She echoed, and looked around. Her eyes stopped on a wall clock on the opposite side of the room and she looked panicked.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, concerned.

“I have to go.” She stood up quickly and rushed to the stairs, Michael following behind her, still confused. They ran out on the front lawn and out into the street.

“What’s going on?” Michael asked her, grabbing her attention and her arm, pulling her back towards him. Her body was pressed up against his and he stared into her hazel eyes, noticing they were shimmering with tears.

“I cant stay.” She looked into his glimmering green eyes, pleading him to understand what he would not be able to.

“Oh. Before you go, I wanted to ask you…” He started, really nervous. “Will you be my bride?” He hoped she liked him, like he liked her.

“Forever.” She answered quietly but truthfully.

He gently placed his lips on hers and closed his eyes, wanting for her to kiss him back. She did and he was never happier in all his life, he knew she was the one. But she was seeming to get lighter every second. In a matter of seconds, she pulled her lips away, heartbreakingly.

His eyes still closed, he heard her faintly say “I love you.”

And she was gone.

I guess costumes hold the truth about us all.

YAY!! Reviews are much appreciated and i :love: quotes!

This confused me a little.

Sydney kissed him and then disappeared? But I like happy endings!

I don't think that this is happy. But I know that it is incredibly well written, so everything is alright.

:snorkel:

that was so cute and i loved the idea about costumes hold the truth it was really cool
this story was great and very well written
thanks for pming me

I really liked it. Truth is in the costumes you say. That would make her an angel wouldn't it?
Thanks for the PM

Okay, that was a happy ending, but a wierd one none the less... I actually thought she was there to take him to the other side(like maybe he died that night or something)... Good stroy well written!!! (y)

Me Like!! Me like a lot!!!
Thanks for the PM

Sydney as an angel..... i think Sydney would look good dressed up as an angel, i think Alias should do a costume party episode and put her in an Angel costume with wings.... Sorry day dreaming here.

But I liked it Elektra, very sweet, very charming, very nice.
So Sydney is meant to be an angel and Vaughn is her dashing groom, soul mates!!

I liked the ending, actually i liked it all!!
Thanks for sharing Elektra!! Share more often!!

“Oh. Before you go, I wanted to ask you…” He started, really nervous. “Will you be my bride?” He hoped she liked him, like he liked her.

“Forever.” She answered quietly but truthfully.

He gently placed his lips on hers and closed his eyes, wanting for her to kiss him back. She did and he was never happier in all his life, he knew she was the one. But she was seeming to get lighter every second. In a matter of seconds, she pulled her lips away, heartbreakingly.

His eyes still closed, he heard her faintly say “I love you.”

And she was gone.

that was so sweet
i loved it :love:
thanks for the pm

thanks for the great reviews!! *hugs*

damn, it was confusing? i thought it was clear...
then again, that whole writer/reader gap gets bigger every day.. lol
that was probubly confusing too.. oy, shutting up.

and Faela, i should share more often. i have like 8 other stories im trying to get more than 2 chapters for..
Prediction for the future: A huge crossover. Alias, DH, GA, GG, Lost, Veronica Mars... lol. wee haa!! creativity!!

Back