Did anybody read this??

I apologize if this is in the wrong section, or if it has already been posted. Read this the other day on vartanho.com

A Note About the Alias Content on This Site

We no longer like or enjoy Alias. We think the show now, in a word, sucks. Therefore, we have decided to cut back drastically on the amount of Alias-related content that we add to this site. We want to concentrate our time and energies on content that is more strictly related to Michael Vartan. So we will no longer be updating some sections, such as the Hall of Fame, bloopers, coincidences or wish list. We will no longer be archiving most Alias-related articles or news items.

For now, Kate intends to continue with her weekly debriefings of episodes. We will continue to host Patrick's screencaps as long as he wants to continue providing them. We will add some Alias-related items that are more Michael-centric, or that we think are particularly important or intriguing. This may include spoilers and promo pictures. We still have respect for the actors, so if there are interesting interviews with them, we may add those.

We know that this may upset or anger some visitors, but it is the right thing to do for us. We no longer get any joy from Alias, so there is little reason to keep spending so much time and energy on the show. It only leaves a nasty taste in our mouths and a feeling of pointlessness. Where once we felt affection for the show, we now feel anger, bitterness or, at best, apathy and indifference.

Be assured, this is not a decision that we have taken lightly, because we have invested untold hours and emotion and heart into this site and the show for almost two years. That is not something that we wanted to walk away from lightly. This site and what it represents has meant the world to us, and we never imagined that it would come to this. It is a very sad day for us. We have talked about this step a lot, and we came to the inevitable conclusion that we needed -- and wanted -- to make it. In some ways, it was not an easy decision to make, and in others, it was very easy.

We do not have any hope that we will ever get back the joy and excitement in the show that led us to create this site in the first place. This season, its willful mistreatment of Vaughn's character and its sacrifice of beloved characters on the altar of a poorly conceived, poorly written and poorly acted character have completely leeched away our emotional investment in and affection for the show. Alias is no longer the show that we once loved, and we cannot envision it returning to that show. No matter what happens in the show now, it will be a case of too little, far too late. The damage has been done. This abysmal season burned the emotional bridge for us.

We believe that fans should never be put through what Alias fans have been put through this season. We believe that television shows should not be about manipulating and mindf***ing the fans. We believe that television shows should not be about subjugating characters in favor of lame, contrived, distasteful plots. We believe that fans should not have to "stomach" months of subpar drama in the hopes that maybe, someday, there will be a worthwhile payoff in the very end. We believe that entertainment should not be about pain, disappointment, frustration and sadism.

Unfortunately, Alias has been turned into something that we can no longer believe in.

We want to thank profusely everyone who has visited this site and sent us news, photos, spoilers and comments. This site wouldn't be remotely what it is without your help and contributions and willingness to share with your fellow Vartan Hos. We appreciate it beyond measure. We hope that you will still visit us for and continue to share with us Michael-related content, and we hope that we will be able to provide you with new, fun and interesting things in the future.

Very sincerely,
The Safe House Webmistresses

Yea, this was already posted (I think under VH post on Why we don't like season 3). I thought it was pretty harsh, didn't you?

I think they're extremely overreacting. I could understand if they'd decided this at the end of the season, but there are still 9 episodes left. A lot could happen in that time. I mean, come on, it's a TV show! They act like they've been personally offended somehow.

Azalea said:
I think they're extremely overreacting. I could understand if they'd decided this at the end of the season, but there are still 9 episodes left. A lot could happen in that time. I mean, come on, it's a TV show! They act like they've been personally offended somehow.
I know what you mean. I love this show, and some may think (mainly my husband) that I'm border line obsessed with this show, but in the end it all comes down to one thing, it's just a show. That's it. I too feel season 1 & 2 were better, but I don't dislike season 3 and there are still quite a few episodes left, and this season could totally turn around. I wouldn't stop watching it because of season 3 not being as good as the other two. I feel this is one of the best shows on and can't wait to finally have new episodes on in a row, not months in between.

Yes It is very harsh, even though season 3 isn't like the others, that's no reason to say such things, so this is just a slower season, the show is still very very very very very good, and it's one of the best on TV still. I agree with all of you, they are extremely overreacting, as you said Azalea. They posted that even before season 3 started, ever since then, I never went there again. -_-

I thought it was harsh. I may be critical of season 3, but I still am a supporter of the series and have hopes that it will turn around. Fortunately, I have never been a "ho" or frequenter of the site. Now I'm not likely to go there.

I suspect that they are upset over what has been happening particularly with the character of Vaughn. Because everything has been so intensely skewed toward Sydney's POV to the exclusion of everything else, Vaughn looks like a world-class jerkosaurus. I shudder to think what everyone would have thought if they had handled the character of Jack in the same way in season 1. If they had not shown his expressions of love for Sydney in unguarded moments, no doubt everyone would have thought that Jack was an incredible monster, much worse than Sloane. By the time he set up Irina, cries of "Crucify him!" would have sounded like "Pat him on the back!"
-_-

I think it's harsh,but the truth usually is.There's nothing written there that hasn't been said by many a poster on this and other sites.

twin_mommy said:
I love this show, and some may think (mainly my husband) that I'm border line obsessed with this show
Off topic..... I had to laugh.... I thought I was the only wife who's husband thought they were obsessed.... I guess I'm not alone. :D

freakforalias said:
twin_mommy said:
I love this show, and some may think (mainly my husband) that I'm border line obsessed with this show
Off topic..... I had to laugh.... I thought I was the only wife who's husband thought they were obsessed.... I guess I'm not alone. :D
Hey, that's why I hide my obsession . . . I don't need my husband laughing at anything else I like. Not if he wants to stay married . . .
;)

omg this when i read this IS TOTALLY RUINED MY DAY!!! i think it was totally obnoxious..although i understand it was their site, so they can do whatever they want...it still annoys me that they wont let anyone state their opinions. if they had a sound off board, it might be ok but i hate how they made it sound like they were completely correct. PLUS the only reason the site has so much stuff is because of alias...hopefully theyll see that they cant keep up the site without using alias stuff.

twin_mommy said:
I feel this is one of the best shows on and can't wait to finally have new episodes on in a row, not months in between.
i think that is a MAJOR problem that the show is having right now...the fact that the episodes are so few and far between, it's hard to get people to keep up with the terrible schedule it has...and honestly, as i am one of those closet obsessed fans!, as anticipated as the coming episodes are i find myself forgetting about the show...i thought that was impossible!! in short, ABC needs to get their act together... <_<

but the article...way harsh...and pretty much uncalledfor...tis my opinion.

just because you don't like how the season is going, you are not gonna continue doing "what you supposedly loved to do" ??? :blink:

I don't understand how people can say, I love this show, and now that somethings are not happening the way they want it ... they decide to do this ... :(

:help: ..yes they need, and fast, I mean come on there´s no need to overreact like that, and I'm really disapointed now because I got to admit that I laugh my head off reading Kate's summaries from the episodes, but she´s always saying bad things about the show and they're funny but it really really shows who mad they are about it. you know but she also says those things about Vaughn as well like "...his he still getting paid for being in the show anymore?..." I got to laugh, she´s funny... just go there and read some for yourself. but I still agree with the overreact, HEY, NOW! NO ONE SYS THT ABOUT MY SHOW! I don't care how bad the scripts are! that´s Jen in there, and she´s my GODDESS! for god's sake! If I can stand an hour of Mr.Magoo just to see her, I think I can stand bad Alias episodes! :angry:

Ah? What!! Wow they were overeacting, no offense or anything. I mean im not entirely happy about Alias this season, but that's no reason to overeact like that. My personal belief is that JJ Abrams is like God, he does everything for a reason. Whether we like it or not. But WHOAH!! Major overeacting.

Lise

yah it is pretty ridiculous, especially since now they really dont have enough material for new stuff everyday, so theyre just reusing old photos!

That's ridiculous. And harsh. I mean really it "sucks"?!? they "get no enjoyment."?!? it's a "waste of time" ?!? I mean really, where do they get off? What's they're problem anyways?!? Talk about overreaction. Seriously. I mean, ok, so it hasn't been the best. But it's still an AWESOME show!! Remind me to never go to that site again!!!

So no more Alias for them...what will they watch now then, "Good morning Miami", "Yes Dear", or maybe "The Stones"? Its just Tv and when it comes to Tv, Alias is one of the best things on.

I ALWAYS didn't support vartanho.com. They were selfish and a tad bit crazy. Whenever something didn't go their way, it was off to the bashing room! They were SO mean to MG/Lauren and often criticized our god, J.J. Abrams.

Back