Differences

Valentino

Scout
What are some of the key differences between the comics and the show? Characters, the time line of events and when they occur, etc. Which do you prefer?

Well the comics are very different they follow the same story as the show but have a lot of different characters in it for instance Daryl nor Merl is in the comics.

honestly almost everything other than names and general locations. specific events are very different. to big a list to type. I like the comics better.

Pretty much a bit of everything is different. Characters being killed off much later in the show compared to the books or even killed earlier. Basically the show revolves around the group during the summer months as we haven't seen them during the winter.

There sure are quite a few differences from what I have seen, never read the comics myself so I gotta be biased and say I like the TV show more.

Having read all the comics there's really is quite a bit of small differences but overall there following the main storyline path just some small directional changes with characters. Honestly though I think that helps make the show so good though. Going straight by the comics would be to easy and they have tons more creative control this way.

some key differences that no one has really mentioned are some of the relationships between characters, such as carol and tyreese or even dale and andrea. kind of interesting to see the way they come together as couples and interact with one another in the books as in comparison to the show. very interesting way to deviate from the comics and overall i enjoy that differentiation.

Back