Season 5 Dr. Barnett

We've come to either hate or love Dr. Barnett. I didn't particularly like her handling of Syd whenever Syd visited her (e.g. her curtness at hearing Syd's issues). But what's important is she's good at her job. We know this because Syd continues to visit her. Even Jack highly recommends her. But the fact that Jack recommended her to Sloan keeps me skeptical.

Do you guys suppose Dr. Barnett is undercover on an assignment? She doesn't seem like the immoral type to be sleeping with her clients. There's a clear conflict of interest there. She's got intel on CIA agents. Her thoughts must be protected with the highest care. You don't waltz into a potential enemy's arms holding such knowledge unless she's questioning his supposed repentence. I'm gonna be upset if in one scene Sloan is awake administering hypnosis to Dr. Barnett...

I'm gonna be upset if in one scene Sloan is awake administering hypnosis to Dr. Barnett...

That would be funny!

But sleeping with Sloane is truly a conflict of interest and I believe she's after information she's too intelligent to be wooed by Sloane.

Oh, let's hope she's onto Sloane! Because, Jesus! I got the willies when I saw Barnett in bed with him. And not just because it was Sloane. A woman who supposedly knows as much about Sloane as she does (PhD dissertation and all)--who in the hell would have sex with him? Yikes.

You know, even the most evil villans have families that love them :smiley: Besides, I have a friend (age 25) who thinks Jack is quite sexy. Who's to say what attracts two people to one another.

Ughh! Jack sexy, now I have heard it all. Actually, I do agree with you. How boring would it be if everyone looked like Vaughn...that would just suck! (gasp) But then again...Jack's ears are to die for.....I'm leaving this post immediately, I'm scaring myself. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Sloane may insist he is not her patient, but nonetheless she is there as a psychiatrist, and thus she crossed a line. As a psychiatrist myself, I am appalled with her. Its unethical. However, if she is uncover and not just giving into desire, then that is a whole other thing. I think that there must be something like that going on because I always thought her to be a good psychiatrist.

Let me be clear about what I meant above: I completely understand that attraction is all in eye of the beholder. (I for one am much more attracted to Jack than Vaughn, though I can see what everyone sees Vaughn.) And Arvin Sloane might well be very attractive to Barnett.

But, physical aspects aside, she knows about the inner workings of Sloane. She claims to understand him. And yet--she slept with him. That's where my problem lies. I think it was more desire than undercover work. Hopefully I'm wrong!

I totally hope that she's onto him. When I first saw the epi, I was skeptical and a little disappointed. Barnett just seems so smart, like when she totally caught Jack faking his psych eval. If she really did just give into attraction, I despair.

If not undercover for the CIA since she doesn't have field agent clearance, do you think maybe she's doing it for her own knowledge? Scientists devote much of their lives chasing after the real truths in life. Maybe she didn't do it for any alterior motives. Maybe she wanted badly to find out what he's like.

Back