Superheroes Elektra (2005)

What Did You Think Of Elektra?

• It was absolutely awesome! It was Jen's best movie yet...but it was too short! I didn't want it to e

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was really good..a bit more than I expected...

• It was about what I expected...It wasn't bad...worth buying

• It wasn't all that great...I expected more out of Jen and would maybe think about buying it?

• It was terrible! What was Jen even doing in a film like that? I'm very dissapointed in the all-aroun

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
i think she's strong enough to do them
she's in stunning shape
i know well how tough
1 and two armed pull ups are
i would say 4 per cent
of the population can do
even one one-armed pull
up
but garner is one

right on jg

Southern_bell said:
I loved it. I think Jen is a positive kick butt role modle for girls. She gives off the women can be strong and sexy vibe haha

You totally knew this was not a mind blowing story line or oscar worthy material going into the movie. I mean come on, its yet another comic book thing. With all of that being said, the movie was really good. It wasn't ment to leave you with a feeling that you were a better person after watching it, or challenge you to make a difference in politics, it was just a fun movie ment to entertain, and I think it accomplishes that goal quite well ;)
[post="1165462"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

well said (y)

The one armed pull-up was very nice, and Jennifer is so intense in every thing she does you have to appreciate her.

Did anyone else get shivers during that interesting kiss b/w freaky death girl and Elektra? I don't know why, but that was an absolutely amazing scene! I felt like I was falling right with Elektra. But my mom was sitting next to me saying "Gross" every other second, so luckily she broke the transe before I fell off my seat. :rolleyes:

SurvAgentBristow said:
What did ya'll think of Jennifer as Elektra? I know the critics are KILLING this movie...but i thought Jennifer Garner was amazing! Her moves and her attitude while acting was awesome, i liked this movie A LOT! Proved to be a lot better than Daredevil in my opinion!
[post="1164466"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I just saw the move a few hours ago and I thought that it was great! :woot:

I saw all of the negative things that the critics said about it, so I was worried about how bad it was going to be. I'm happy to say that the critics were wrong. :P

The movie didn't have plot holes or any dull parts. I wish the movie was longer, though it felt about the proper length as it is. I didn't like all of the flying white sheets idea. I thought that the villains were defeated a bit too quickly, but if the director was ordered to have the movie this length then it is fine.

Although the cinema that I was in was only 25% full, people didn't leave to get snacks or take bathroom breaks which indicated that no one wanted to leave their seats. I guess that if the movie had Quentin Tarantino's name on it, then people would have liked it better.

I really can't vote on this. I have seen Elektra yet. I'm sure Jen is good, however. It's just that I won't pay money to see this kind of movie. I'll wait till it comes on HBO or one of the movie channels (like I did with Daredevil). I definitely went to see "13 Going On 30". That was a good movie.

I can't vote since I haven't seen it yet....but with all of the trailers and tv shows I've gotten to see, I was amazed at how bad the reviews have been. What I saw looked good, even better than DD. But the critics really hated it!

I wonder if Jen's back problem was due to stress of having to promote a movie that she knew wasn't up to her standards. It was a good way to get out of doing SNL, Conan, and a press junket that would have been tourchure! She probably already knew at the GG's that the results were not going to be good, but she held her head hi as ever! (y)

falling4stars said:
Did anyone else get shivers during that interesting kiss b/w freaky death girl and Elektra? I don't know why, but that was an absolutely amazing scene! I felt like I was falling right with Elektra. But my mom was sitting next to me saying "Gross" every other second, so luckily she broke the transe before I fell off my seat. :rolleyes:
[post="1166400"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

well, i wouldn't say...shivers :confused: but, it was part of the movie and it was a good part because of Typhoid Mary and that was how she need to try and defeat Elektra....

xinli11 said:
I"m afraid I will have to be the voice of descent here.  Despite being a die hard Jen fan, I have to say this movie did not reflect one of her better moments.  However, that's not reallya critique of her.  The role she played, and the way the storyline turned out just wasn't strong enough.  And when you have a weak character development, even the most brilliant acting cannot bring it to life.

The special effects where there, and Jen was amazing at the martial arts, as we've all come to expect from years of Aliasing.  But her character lacked depth, which is regrettable, because Elektra is such an interesting fixture in the Marvel universe.  Here is a woman who has been through as much as any person can be expected, losing her mother to the hand, and her father to the King Pin.  Beseiged by the chaos around her, she struggles every day to come to terms with who she is inside, the purity that remains despite the surrounding darkness.  What a rich and vibrant character.

Yet the movie really failed to explore that part of the struggle.  These aspects were treated on only the most superficial levels.  Just as the heart of Alias is not agent bristow, international ass kicker, but Sydney, the girl next door,  the heart of Elektra is not the merciless assasin for hire, but the little girl who lied there with her head upon her mother's bossom.  That's the elektra I wanted to see.  And that's the elektra that I believe Jennifer Garner would've been perfect for. 

This movie was blessed to be able to secure an actress as talented as Jen.  What a pity they didn't capitalize on her immense talent at communicating the human condition.  Too bad jen.  Choose your projects with more care next time.  Until then, I remain a loyal fan.
[post="1160249"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I think that says it pretty well :cool:

pretty even for who liked it and who didnt, the raving fanboy's loved it and everyone else seemed, not like that hated the movie, just indifferant, like SecretAgentMan said, I'd get if it was cheap.... overall this movie was nothing special

about that shivers with the "kiss" did everyone else see open mouth for a tiny second or wsas it just my imagination :lol:

i like it when elektra is "meditationg" and abby is annoying her... BOO! and then they start pis*ing themselves laughing!

I didn't think the movie itself was very good. But Jen's performance was really good. If Jen wasn't in this movie I definitely wouldn't have liked it as much. About the critics, their reviews were way too harsh - it wasn't nearly as bad as they all said it was, which is why I usually don't listen to them.

ReedCordial bandit said:
about that shivers with the "kiss" did everyone else see open mouth for a tiny second or wsas it just my imagination :lol:

i like it when elektra is "meditationg" and abby is annoying her... BOO! and then they start pis*ing themselves laughing!
[post="1168068"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I totally saw the open mouth too! That kinda ruined the kiss for me, but before that, I thought it was amazing how all the leaves were falling around them as they slowly descended toward the ground, and Jennifer had that really surprised look on her face.

I also loved that part with the BOO! It was completely unexpected, and almost everyone in the audience jumped, even me (n) :blush:

those were amazing. i was just staring at the screen in awe. she looked so HOT!!!!! the fact that she even did 2 is amazing as the thought of me trying to do 1 2-armed pull-up is completely laughable. JG is a goddess!!!

garnergarnish said:
those were amazing. i was just staring at the screen in awe. she looked so HOT!!!!! the fact that she even did 2 is amazing as the thought of me trying to do 1 2-armed pull-up is completely laughable. JJ is a goddess!!!
[post="1172187"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I finally saw the movie earlier today, and wow. Those were amazing. I honestly believed that she did them. She definitely looked HOT!!!!!!!! And what Nay says. I can't do pull-ups worth sh*t. And Nay honey, don't you mean JG? :lol:

I really liked it. It was better than expected. I was hearing all these bad reviews, but I had to see it, since it's Jen. And then I did see, and I luuuuurve it. It's so pretty. I like it more than Daredevil. And my mom liked it. And she didn't care too much for Daredevil. I liked how the movie was more emotional and such, and Elektra and Abby's friendship was really touching (it made me cry!). But I really liked this movie. Can't wait to get it on DVD. :woot:

OH!! And that "We'll find each other" thing was like really trippy. I was...ALIAS MOMENT!! O_O

i voted really good. i did really like it, (despite the cinema messing everything up and it cutting out half way through), but there was something lacking which i am yet to put my finger on. i think i'll have to view it again to judge it properly and as i got a free cinema ticket for said c***-up i might go watch it again next week.

It was about what I expected...It wasn't bad...worth buying

If there was an option for It was a little less than I expected... but still really great and very entertaining I would have went with that.

I loved it, Jen kicked some serious butt! She was awesome, as ever, Loved it!! I'd see it again, just coz she's in it, the story was ok, her character journey was the best plot point of the movie, her performance was stella though, she rocks!! Go Jen!