Elonka Dunin

Ripert

Cadet
In doing a little goggleing; looking for any GDC/Simu/HJ/HE news I ran across this:

https://www.cmpevents.com/GD08/a.asp?option=G&V=3&id=92209

Elonka Dunin
Gen Mgr, Online Community, Simutronics Corp.

Elonka is a founding member of the IGDA's Online Games SIG, and current chairperson, 2007/2008. At Simutronics Corporation (play.net), where she has been working since 1990, she is general manager of Online Community, and an executive producer. Also a world-renowned cryptographer, Elonka has won awards for cracking "uncrackable" codes, and her elonka.com website routinely gets tens of thousands of visitors researching the CIA's mysterious Kryptos sculpture and other "famous unsolved codes." After 9/11/2001, she assisted with the war on terrorism by giving talks about cryptography to the FBI and CIA. She is a popular speaker at major U.S. universities and hacker subculture conferences such as PhreakNIC, Dragon*Con, and Def Con. Her book "The Mammoth Book of Secret Codes and Cryptograms" was released in 2006. Elonka is also a top-200 contributor at Wikipedia, where she has written or expanded hundreds of articles on a variety of subjects. She has also appeared on multiple television programs and news channels, including an appearance on PBS's NOVAscienceNOW in July 2007, to participate in an in-depth look at the CIA's encrypted Kryptos sculpture.

Wow.. thats some bio...

She's a very cool person. She's usually at GDC, if you happen to get a chance.. try to meet her.

She gave me my first HJ/Simutronics related swag... a HeroEngine polo shirt, at GDC 2006. :D

Back