Fahrenheit 911

EXTREMELY interested in seeing this...

I can see it being released after the election, because I am sure that people will be concerned with the fact that it will persuade more than a few voters...Which aggrivates me... -_-

Well i just doubled Checked this on the IMDB.com and i found this plot summery

a documentary that will trace why the U.S. has become a target for hatred and terrorism. It will also depict alleged dealings between two generations of the Bush and bin Laden clans that led to George W. Bush and Osama bin Laden becoming mortal enemies

From what i have read of it, it will cause probally the same amount of media intrest because it is probally the first real documentry doing looking at how americans are acting since 9/11 and it might show the world the truth behind GWB and prove some peoples views of him.

But i'll keep my eye out for it for sure

I'm not sure if they'll be able to distribute it themselves all across America. It will probably only reach the major cities in time....unless they find a distributer, since Disney wimped out at the last minute :hmm:

~~Spongy!

oh i'm very interested in watching this one. for some reason i was under the impression that Michael Moore was not exactly popular in the US :thinking:. i also heard that the movie was banned in the US.. guess that's not true...

good news everyone: June 25th (a lot sooner than I know I expected)

From People.com:

"Michael Moore's prize-winning anti-Bush documentary Fahrenheit 9/11 will hit U.S. screens on June 25 after its producers, Miramax honchos Bob and Harvey Weinstein, struck a theatrical distribution deal with Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. and IFC Films, reports Reuters.

Fahrenheit 9/11 won the coveted Palme d'Or, the top prize at last month's Cannes Film Festival, and prompted PEOPLE film critic Leah Rozen to write of Moore's "scathing attack" on President George W. Bush and the Iraq war: "Is his documentary art or agitprop? Both – and it deserves to be seen."

Fahrenheit 9/11 caused a firestorm of publicity last month after the Walt Disney Co. refused to allow its Miramax unit to release the movie to theaters, after the parent's company's chief officer, Michael Eisner, claimed the movie was too politically charged to carry the Disney imprimatur.

Miramax was then permitted to buy back the movie and find its own distributors. Showtime will handle the sale of rights for pay TV.

Said Lions Gate chief executive Jon Feltheimer: 'I think, for a large segment of the population, it is going to be a must-see film. ... Forget the controversy, if you look at the body of Michael Moore's work. It's really good filmmaking.'"

:smiley:

oh it's totally hard to believe...I didn't believe it when I first read it, and probably won't till I actually see it...I'm guessing that it will start out as a limited release...

Back