Final Fantasy Advent Children

Zink

Cadet
Anyone seen it? It's a great movie by square enix. Just saw it today and LOVED it. The plot was great as was tyhe animation. If Square didn't do videogames they could be a GREAT movie company.

That movie is like FF7 meets the Matrix on crack. Saw it back when it first came out and loved every minute of it.

You're quoting yourself now?

Come on, your post count will go up in time. You don't need to pull stunts like that to speed it up.

Once again, I don't really care about my post count. I was just saying that in response to what gate said. If I wanted my post count to go up I would head over to off-topic and post like 500 posts in a row on random things which sometimes wouldn't even make sense with what everybody else was talking about.

Perception, for most people, equals reality, Zink.

Roll that around in your mind for awhile and see how your posting might come across.

You never played Final Fantasy 7? In the game over time in fights when you were hit you built up a bar, when it was full you could use a special super attack. In some of the fights in Advent Children the characters do attacks that look a lot like the Limit Breaks from the game.

Omnislash was different that I had expected it to be...

P.S. You guys remember the old Final Fantasy Movie (The spirits within) that came out some years ago?

Well that movie was essentially a huge test for Advent Childern. It was kind of their learning projecct. They tried to make a profit out of it, but ended up losing something like 125 million dollars :P

I liked the AC version of Bahamut. He was closer to FFXs Baha than 7s, but I think that translated really awesomely to the movie.

Nnem said:
P.S. You guys remember the old Final Fantasy Movie (The spirits within) that came out some years ago?

Well that movie was essentially a huge test for Advent Childern. It was kind of their learning projecct. They tried to make a profit out of it, but ended up losing something like 125 million dollars :P
Wow, I remember seeing that at the movies...

The major problem with The Spirits Within was that it tried to sit in the middle of two audiences and ended up pissing them both off. I personally loved the movie and though it was spectacularly done. There really aren't that many movies out there which espouse the gaia theory. However, their marketing department really, really screwed up.

It was called Final Fantasy: The Spirits within, yet had nothing to do with final fantasy other than the same core philosophy that is seen in the games and some visual references to FF7. That pissed off the people who wanted to see serious FF action. Those who don't like game movies saw the FF in the title and immediately disregarded it. Hence, it bombed and the entire subcompany collapsed. I personally think it might have done alright had it been just called The Spirits Within.

Yeah, well I've never been big into FF (although that's changing since Leo and I started dating), so when I saw it all those years ago, I just assumed it was what FF was all about! :smiley:

Oh man you have no idea.. I did enjoy the story of Spirits, it was different and philosphical, just what you would expect from any Final Fantasy title. And it sure was pretty! It was a huge step in the future of CGI movies. But yeah, had NO other real elements of FF, no chocobos, no spells or magic whatsoever, didn't even get a white or black mage, and certainly no Biggs or Wedge or other subtle Star Wars references. I'm currently playing FF Tactics Advance and really enjoying all those common elements of Final Fantasy even if I think the story in the game is nearly..non-existant, but I hardly care becaue the strategy in battles is addicting.

Back