Freedom

Title: Freedom

Summary: Sydney brings someone back to LA w/ her

Rating: PG13 (probably)

Disclaimer: I don't own Alias or anything affiliated with the show or people. I also don't own anything else that I may happen to mention later in the story.

A/N: This story is AU, but it still includes the CIA. SD-6 never existed, but there are other terrorist groups that are a threat.

CH1
They waited anxiously for the bus to be ready to leave. There had been a delay due to mechanical problems so they had to sit there for a couple of hours waiting. Finally they were able to get things up and running again and everyone boarded the bus. It was headed to LA and it was going to be a long ride. Especially after such a long delay. When they finally pulled into the LA stop it was almost four in the afternoon.

Everyone began to unboard the bus and Sydney Bristow got off accompanied by a two year old boy named Jadon. All that they had with them was a duffel bag that carried all of their belongings. She wasn't looking forward to where they had to go. The thought of going to the CIA worried her. She just hoped that he would listen to her. If not she was really screwed.

The walk to the building from the bus stop wasn't too far, but Sydney decided they would take their time getting there. She knew they had to go, but she wasn't in a huge hurry. Jadon didn't seem to mind taking their time either. He was too interested in everything that was going on around them. The city had already drawn him in. He also didn't know where it was that they were going or who they were going to see. He was mainly just happy to be off the bus. It'd been a long ride for him.

Sydney held his hand as they walked and he stared at stores and cars and people in business suits heading by them on the sidewalk. She couldn't help but smile as she watched him fascinated with the city. At least something in her life was good. It wasn't too long before they reached the CIA.

"Where are we," Jadon asked as they headed up to the front doors of the building.

"There's someone I need to see here, sweetie," Sydney told him as she opened the door and headed to the front desk.

Ending A/N: So what do you guys think? This is my first posting here so I'm not too sure. :blush:

Cool idea... I like it a lot already, please pm me! (And don't be nervous about posting here! Everyone's friendly... ;) ) Wonder who she wants to see... :D

:naughty: & :eyebrow:

I have the next chapter written so if people are interested I'll post it soon. Thanks to those who reply and to KoalaMV for my very first reply. :smiley:

Summary: Sydney brings someone back to LA w/ her

Disclaimer: I don't own Alias or anything affiliated with the show or people. I also don't own anything else that I may happen to mention later in the story.

A/N: This story is AU, but it still includes the CIA. SD-6 never existed, but there are other terrorist groups that are a threat.

CH2

"Hi, I need to speak with Jack Bristow," she told the woman at the desk.

"I'm sorry, but Agent Bristow is in a meeting right now," the woman told her.

"Would it be possible to wait," Sydney asked picking up Jadon as he leaned on her.

"What is this in regards to," the woman asked her.

"I'm his daughter," Sydney said," Please, It's important that I speak with him."

"I see," the woman said," why don't you come with me."

"Why don't you come with me," the woman told her as Jadon layed his head down on Sydney's shoulder. The woman lead Sydney down a hall and through the building to a private conference room and took her inside.

"If you'll wait here, I'll let him know he has a visitor when his meeting gets done," she said.

"Thankyou," Sydney said as the woman shut the door. Sydney sat down with Jadon now asleep in her arms. She could hardly believe she was here doing this. She'd waited so long. She was scared.

As Charlotte was leaving the room where she'd just put Sydney the first person she ran into was Michael Vaughn.

"Agent Vaughn," she said stopping him," are you in the middle of anything."

"No, I was getting ready to head home," he told her.

"Could you do me a favor and take care of the girl in conference room C until Jack Bristow gets there," Charlotte asked sweetly.

Vaughn looked at her with his eyebrows raised, but Charlotte faced him with a pleading smile. "Alright," he gave in.

Charlotte smiled again. "Thankyou," she said," It won't be more than half an hour."

Vaughn nodded as he turned back around and headed into conference room C. The girl looked to be around eighteen and there was a little boy asleep on her.

"Hi," he said as he came into the room," I'm agent Michael Vaughn."

She looked up as he came in. "Hi, I'm Sydney," she told him," and this is Jadon," she said indicating the little boy asleep on her.

"Nice to meet you," Vaughn said unsure of why they would be there to see Jack Bristow. "Um, Charlotte asked me to wait with you until Agent Bristow is free."

"Oh, that's not necessary," Sydney said not wanting to be a burden to anyone.

"No really, I don't mind," Vaughn said smiling back.

A/N: Ok so here is the third chapter tonight. I still have a couple more written, but then I'll have to get going on more. Of course the posting won't be quite as frequent as it is tonight because I'm just starting it out. I will try to post often if people are interested though. If people want to be pm'd let me know. I will try to figure out how to do that. :blush:

Summary: Sydney brings someone back to LA w/ her. This story is AU, but it still includes the CIA. SD-6 never existed, but there are other terrorist groups that are a threat.

Ch3

"Alright," Sydney said.

"Can I get you anything to eat or drink," Vaughn asked.

Just then Jadon stirred and lifted his head to see who Sydney was talking to.

"Mama, I'm hungry," he said apparently having heard Vaughn's question.

"Ok sweetie," she said then looking at Vaughn," do you have anything a two year old will eat."

"Um, we've got crackers," Vaughn suggested.

"No more crackers," Jadon protested turning around on his mother's lap to see Vaughn better.

"That's what he ate on the bus ride here," Sydney explained embarassed.

"Ok, well uh... we have pizza," he said.

Jadon's eyes lit up and he smiled. "Pizza," he said nodding his head.

"Is that ok," Vaughn asked Sydney. She nodded her head.

"He loves pizza," she said quietly.

"Ok, I'll just go grab that," Vaughn said getting back up," is that what you wanted too."

"Oh no, I'm fine," she said.

"Are you sure," Vaughn asked eyeing her. She was pretty thin. She looked like she could eat.

"Yeah," Sydney assured him. Vaughn didn't look convinced, but headed out anyway.

"Who's he," Jadon asked Sydney.

"That's Mr. Vaughn, he's going to wait with us until I can see my dad, I mean your grandpa," she told him.

"Grandpa Jack," Jadon asked knowingly. Sydney had mentioned him to Jadon before.

"That's right," she told him. She hadn't really wanted to tell him who they were here to see because she knew he would get excited and she didn't want him to be disappointed.

A few minutes later Vaughn returned with half a pizza, two sodas, and a juice box.

"I don't think he's gonna eat all that," Sydney said with a smile.

"Yeah," Vaughn agreed," I figured you might change your mind and I missed my luch today."

Sydney just smiled. Vaughn was nice. She liked him.

She tore Jadon's pizza into bite size pieces and then sat him on the floor between her and Vaughn to eat. Vaughn opened the juice box and sat it down there for him as well.

"What do you say," Sydney asked him.

"Thankyou, Mister Vaughn" Jadon said smiling.

"You can just call me Vaughn. That's what most people here call me," he told them.

"Ok," Sydney nodded.

"You know Grandpa Jack," Jadon asked Vaughn.

"Um, I work with... your Grandpa Jack," Vaughn said. Duh, what else did he think someone that young with a child was here to see Jack for.

The answer satisfied Jadon and he went back to his pizza.

"Jack Bristow is your father," he half asked.

"Yeah,"Sydney said quietly.

"Wow, I never pictured him as the father type," Vaughn said.

"He wasn't very good at it," Sydney admitted.

"Oh," Vaughn said instantly regretting his comment.

"I was hoping he'd changed," Sydney said.

"You haven't seen him in awhile," Vaughn asked.

"It's been a few years," Sydney told him not elaborating.

Vaughn didn't question her further on it. Instead he looked down at Jadon eating his pizza.

"Is it good," Vaughn asked.

"Mhmm," Jadon managed with a mouthful.

"Here baby," Sydney said handing him a napkin when he was about to wipe his hands on his shirt," you don't want to get your clothes all dirty."

Jadon took the napkin and wiped his hands with it.

"I thought you weren't hungry," Vaughn said as Sydney took a second piece of pizza. Sydney shrugged.

"It's sitting right in front of me," she said as though that explained.

"I knew you were gonna change your mind," he said as he took another bite of his own pizza.

Sydney just looked at him before continuing on her pizza.

They finished eating in silence.

When Jadon finished Sydney pulled him back up on her lap and took a wipe out of the backpack to wash his face and hands.

"Mama, my cars," he asked.

"Sure," Sydney said pulling a few matchbox cars from the bag.

Jadon took one and handed it to Sydney and then handed one to Vaughn. Then he plopped himself on the floor and waited.

"Guess we're playing too," Vaughn said with a smile as he got out of his chair and sat on the floor with Jadon. Sydney too came to sit on the floor with her car. She was surprised to see Jadon warm up to Vaughn so quickly.

They were all sitting on the floor playing cars when the door opened and in walked Jack Bristow.

"Nice to meet you," Vaughn said unsure of why they would be there to see Jack Bristow. "Um, Charlotte asked me to wait with you until Agent Bristow is free."

"Oh, that's not necessary," Sydney said not wanting to be a burden to anyone.

"No really, I don't mind," Vaughn said smiling back.
I love the Vaughn introduction into this story.

Jadon's eyes lit up and he smiled. "Pizza," he said nodding his head.
🍕 I think Vaughn got on Jadon's good side with that suggestion.

Sydney just smiled. Vaughn was nice. She liked him.
What's not to like about Vaughn.

They were all sitting on the floor playing cars when the door opened and in walked Jack Bristow.
What an adorable scene. I just wonder what Jack is going to say about it.

I'm enjoying this story so far. Look forward to more.

A/N: Okay so this is the fourth chapter. It's probably the last one I'll post tonight, but I'll post more tomorrow. Thanks again to everyone who has replied. It's really encouraging.

Summary: Sydney brings someone back to LA w/ her. This story is AU, but it still includes the CIA. SD-6 never existed, but there are other terrorist groups that are a threat.

Ch4

"What's going on in here," he asked having heard giggles and laughter before entering.

Sydney looked up and her carefree expression quickly changed. Vaughn looked up too and realized Jack had just caught him playing cars on the CIA floor. His demeanor also quickly changed.

"I've gotta go little man," he told Jadon as he sat his car down.

"Bye," Jadon said happily.

"Thanks," Sydney barely whispered to Vaughn as he stood to leave. Sydney grabbed the cars up and put them back in the bag. Then she turned around to face Jack. They stared at each other for a moment before Sydney spoke.

"Dad," she said cautiously.

"Sydney," he said in disbelief.

"Grandpa Jack," Jadon exclaimed after hearing Sydney say the word dad. He ran up to him and threw his little arms around one of Jack's legs. Jack looked down at him uncomfortably.

"Jadon, no," Sydney said quietly," come here with me." She held out her hand and reluctantly he left Jack and went back to Sydney.

"Why are you here," Jack asked.

"We need your help," Sydney said uncomfortable under his cold stare.

"Well, I guess you should have thought about that before you decided to run away and start a family of your own," Jack said angrily.

"But, I...," Sydney started.

"I don't want to hear it," Jack cut her off," this is none of my concern."

With that said he turned and walked out leaving Sydney in tears with Jadon clinging to her side.

"Come on baby. It's time to go," Sydney said throwing their bag over her shoulder and picking up Jadon. She wiped the tears from her face and walked out of the room.

Vaughn who had gotten stopped by Kendall on the way out saw her leaving quickly looking like she was about to cry. He wondered what'd happened, but Kendall was still talking so he couldn't leave. As soon as Kendall shutup Vaughn headed out the door. He was surprised to find Sydney sitting on a bench with Jadon.

"Hey," he said walking up to them.

"Oh," Sydney said surprised," hi."

"What are you doing," Vaughn asked.

"We were just getting ready to go," Sydney told him. Something told him they didn't have anywhere to go.

So he asked,"Oh really. Where are you going."

Sydney looked at him surprised. She hadn't expected him to ask where. "Um, we're uh..."

"There's this park just a few blocks away," Vaughn interrupted knowing she didn't have an answer," Why don't I take you guys there and Jadon can play."

Sydney looked at him surprised. Something told her she could trust him.

"Yeah," Jadon said excitedly.

"Um, ok sure," Sydney agreed.

"Great," Vaughn said," let's go this way then," he said pointing to the right.

"Ok," Sydney said getting up off the bench and setting Jadon down to walk.

When they got to the park Jadon wanted to play in the sandbox. So Sydney and Vaughn sat on the bench right outside of it so they could still keep an eye on him.

"So things didn't go well with Jack," Vaughn asked.

"No," Sydney said," he didn't even let me talk."

"That sounds about right," Vaughn said disappointed.

"Yeah, but if he'd waited a minute to let me explain," Sydney said," he has no idea."

"About what," Vaughn asked.

Definitely don't like Jack in this one.
"Yeah, but if he'd waited a minute to let me explain," Sydney said," he has no idea."

I can't wait to find out what her explanation is. And I'm glad Vaughn is there for her, and he just met her.

I'm really glad that people are liking this.

KoalaMV: Yeah, Vaughn won Jadon over pretty quickly and no Jack isn't the best guy in this fic. At least not for now. Whether or not that will change you'll have to wait and se.

Autumn Sky: Thanks for reading and I've sent a pm you way. :smiley:

Spirit: Thanks for your reviews. I know Jack isn't so great.

Aliasdancer007: I'm glad that you like this. Part of the thing with Jadon will be revealed soon. And what Jack doesn't know will be explained in the next one.

Alright guys well, I think I'm gonna wait until tomorrow (or later today it seems) to post the next chapter cuz I'm gettin sleepy and I said I was going to get off the boards awhile ago. Yeah, that really worked. Not. Thanks again for reading.

shayla2006 said:
[post="1062476"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yeah about what? :confused:
Can´t wait to find out! :woot:
Love the plot of your story! :smiley:
Can you please PM me too? ;)
Thanks!

Muse

A/N: Sorry this isn't getting up until late, but I didn't have a chance to get on the internet until now. It's been a busy day and now I've got a cold on top of it. :angry: So here it is. Better late than never.

Ch5

Sydney knew she had to protect Jadon so she made the decision to tell him.

"There are probably people after us," Sydney said.

"What," Vaughn asked shocked," what are you talking about."

"What I was trying to tell my father today is that I didn't run away when I was fourteen ," she said," I was kidnapped... and that's who I've been with ever since."

"Oh my God," Vaughn said.

"Look, I'm only telling you this because I have to protect my son and I'm not sure how I'm going to do that," she said with tears in her eyes.

"Do you know who did it," he asked.

Sydney shook her head no.

"The main guy knew stuff though. He's the one who told me my father worked for the CIA. He knew stuff about me and my family..."

"What do you mean," Vaughn asked.

"Like he knew that my mother died when I was six and that my father was never home after that," she said," but he wasn't the leader. Whoever he answered to never came around though. Not once the whole time I was there. But there were always guards there keeping track of me. That's why it took me so long to escape."

"So how long were you there," Vaughn asked. "Four years," Sydney said sadly.

"Wow," Vaughn said a little shocked," So then how did... I mean what about Jadon."

"That doesn't matter right now," Sydney said cooly. Vaughn realized he shouldn't have asked.

"Sorry," he said. "Don't worry about it," she said.

After a minute she spoke again. "So, what do you think I should do," she asked.

"I think we have to go back to your dad," Vaughn said," We'll have to make him listen and then we'll figure out if he has any ideas as to who would do this."

"Ok," Sydney said reluctantly. She didn't want to see Jack again after the way he'd treated her.

"Do you think he's still there," she asked.

"Yeah, he should be," Vaughn said," he spends most of his time at work."

Sydney just nodded.

Vaughn could see she was scared. Of course someone had kidnapped her when she was fourteen and it'd taken her four years to get free.

Now she was eighteen with a kid and on the run from these people.

"Ok, let's get you guys back to Langley," Vaughn said.

"Ok," Sydney said," Sweetie, we have to go."

Jadon looked up from his sand pile a bit sad to be leaving already, but he went over to Sydney and Vaughn anyhow.

As they walked back Sydney said," We have to go talk to Grandpa Jack again."

"He's mean," Jadon said remembering how he'd made Sydney cry.

"No, he um... he's just really busy," she said knowing how excited he had been at the thought of meeting Jack.

Vaughn couldn't believe what'd happened to her. He couldn't believe Jack either. To treat his own daughter that way.

As they walked back Sydney said," We have to go talk to Grandpa Jack again."

"He's mean," Jadon said remembering how he'd made Sydney cry.
Such a shame that how he feels about Jack considering how excited he was to meet him. Hopefully they can make Jack listen to her explanation of what happened.

Thanks for the PM about this very good update.

Back