Gartan Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh gosh, I can't count. Yeah, I heard it was on the 15th too. So it isn't a few weeks eh. :D

Oh, and jess, I pm-ed you about those transcripts. Thanks. ;)

Heya everyone!!

I just bought the who magazine. Has trashy Britney on the cover!! Ha ha.

It has pics of Jen and Martha on the first few pages.

It reads as such "Alias Superspy Jennifer Garner spent a less-social day in the park obedience training her labrador Martha Stewart, before settling down in the shade of a tree to read." It looks like Jen spotted the camera too as she has a kinda happyish smile. I don't have a scanner so I can't post the pic!!

Dani :smiley:

thanks dani if anyone wants news on the kirsten prout girl here you go

Niki Graham North Shore News Tuesday, July 06, 2004 CREDIT: Mike Wakefield, North Shore News As a toddler Kirsten Prout was already hinting that she wanted to act. At the age of four she was demanding to do it.

North Vancouver teenager Kirsten Prout beat out more than 250 girls across North America to play Jennifer Garner's ninja sidekick in the feature film Elektra.

Thirteen-year-old Prout plays Abby in the film, a spin-off of the Daredevil movie that starred Ben Affleck and Garner. Except this time, as the eighth-grader explains in a telephone interview, "we don't have Ben in it."

But they still have the action.

The film follows Elektra Natchios, the beautiful but deadly assassin, who was trained by a clan of mystical ninjas. Garner reprises the role of Elektra, who survives the seemingly mortal wounds she suffered in Daredevil. According to the film's press release, Elektra becomes the world's most dangerous assassin. In an unexpected turn of events, Elektra's latest contract forces her to make a decision that can take her life in a whole new direction -- or destroy her -- the release states. Audiences will get to watch the dramatic story unfold when the movie is released next February.

Prout, who has been training tirelessly to look like a fierce-fighting machine, recently had to get three stitches on her eyebrow after she was hit by a door while filming a scene. Despite the battle scars, she relishes the adventure.

"It takes a lot of energy, but I enjoy it so much," says the honour-role student at Collingwood School in West Vancouver.

Working on this big-budget production with some of the world's top stunt co-ordinators was intimidating at first, Prout admits, but the thrill of acting helped her overcome it.

Prout's mother, Elizabeth, says her daughter hinted at being an actor when she was just a toddler. Like most kids she was "a fan of Disney movies," her mom explains.

By the time she was the ripe old age of four, she was demanding to do it.

"At nine, I said we would try it," Elizabeth says. Elizabeth and her husband, who is a physician, thought that way Prout would get the acting bug out of her system. But the bug grew into a true passion.

One of Prout's first major projects was a commercial with Wayne Gretzky, who she describes as "a very down-to-earth guy." Her long resume also includes several made-for-television movies, including a role in a production about the North Shore's most infamous juror, Gillian Guess.

In her latest role Prout is working with a team of pros who are teaching her about good filmmaking.

"Rob (Bowman), the director, is amazing at pointing out little things and the crew is just amazing," Prout says. "The crew makes a movie. You've got to have the right atmosphere and lighting and the actors need a pleasant and supportive atmosphere."

Prout points out that she has her own chair. Although she can't say much about her latest film because she is "under a strict contract," Prout does say the film is dark, but there is some humour.

Prout's young character "kind of brings a lightness to the movie." Abby is a "very normal" girl with a unique ability to kick butt if the situation demands it. To prepare for the role of a ninja, Prout began martial arts training a few weeks before filming began.

The fight scenes don't scare the young, blond actress who wears a reddish wig for the role. In fact Prout says they make her "push harder."

Cool article...

I finally saw The View's interview with Jen! OMG! She smiles so much! (Not that it's bad or anything....) Saw a clip of Jen on Martha Stewart's TV show... pretty cool! I loved it when Jen said "When we're filming, I'm always serious but the minute they yell 'Cut!' I instantly become 13." Or something like that.

Sorry about not blocking the demon (kiper) sooner - I saw her on here this afternoon, but there was a huge storm that kept disconnecting me and I had to go to work. She's been blocked again, not that it matters, because she'll just re-register since her life is apparently barren and empty and she has nothing better to do than desperately hang around people who hate her. But some people are just destined to be losers like that for life...

It's tough with Mandy gone. Pretty soon we'll have at least one more (possibly two) mods in here, as soon as the new team members are announced. It's become kind of a "high-maintenance" thread. ^_^

What magazine was that little tidbit about Jen and Martha in? Is she still obedience training her dog? Martha's full grown - isn't it a little late for that? :blink:

Azy the two pics of Jen and Martha are in australian Who Magazine.

I believe is the sister magazine of People which is what you guys have!!

Dani!! :smiley:

I just went over to eonline and the tater tot award winners were in. And Alias was the biggest winner. Here are the categories that Alias won.

Best Fight: Sydney vs Lauren 37.66%
Best Chemistry: Sydney and Vaughn 32.37% (we already knew this though)
Best B**ch: Lauren 29.13%
Best Baddie: Sark 38.85%
Best Kiss: Sydney and Vaughn 25.22%
Best Guest Star: Quentin Tarantino 30.31%
Favorite Drama Mama: Jennifer Garner 52.70%
Drama You Can't live Without: Alias 41.16%

MV came in second with 28.10% for Favorite Drama King. James Marsters came in first. And David Anders came in second behind Jason Lewis for best show of skin.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>WEEKLY GARTAN NEWS UPDATE </span>

Last week's update

-------------------------

rjalias posted a link to the Elektra set visit part 2:

Set Visit part 2

I haven't read it yet but rjalias was kind enough to highlight the best part:

As the crew adjusted cameras and lighting, Jennifer continued lying in the dirt. Eventually Terence Stamp walked over, laid on the ground beside her, and started chatting. It was an amusing sight and another clue that the two seem to be good friends. Even Goran Visnjic came over at one point to lie down in the dirt and chat with the star of the film.

As they continued to shoot take after take, Bowman and his crew started wondering if they were going to have to use a green screen to get everything to sync up right. As all this went on, Bowman continuously puffed away on cigars handed to him by an assistant. Meanwhile, Garner continued to lie in the dirt. I asked at one point whether or not she was still awake.

Not long afterwards, as everyone was busy doing their jobs elsewhere, the lonely Garner lying in the dirt jokingly called out, "I'm still here, Rob! I'm OK!" Rob Bowman then walked over to her and lovingly called out something to the effect of, "Oh, Jennifer, you're my star. I never would have forgotten you!" The whole crew then mockingly said, "Awwww..." Bowman walked back to his chair pretending to wipe the brown off of his nose. It was quite funny to see that everyone still had their sense of humor and that Garner was no diva.

TRL Elektra set visit clip: jen-garner.net

Some Alias news. Posted by jEn Jr., originally from jen-garner.net.

This month, Greg Grunberg and the rest of the Alias cast will begin filming a new season of the cult hit ABC program starring Jennifer Garner. Set as a midseason replacement with new episodes airing in January, Alias will be different next season, says Grunberg, who plays agent Eric Weiss. The wacky Rambaldi plotline, with its 500-year-old prophecy of doom, will dissipate, and each episode will be self-contained. Viewers can expect an uninterrupted 20-episode run of new shows.

Big thanks to aliascazUK for posting scans and a transcript the JG article in the UK

Glamour magazine.

Scans and transcript can be found on page 815

Caz accidently missed one page, so the missing scan can be found on page 821. Its the last post on the page.

Here's the bit with the JG/MV mention:

Jennifer Garner, we should respectively note is one violent women. AS uber spy Sydney Bristow, in the hit show Alias, shes saved the world more times then James Bond's martinis have been shaken. Then as ninja assassin Elektra in the film Daredevil, she kung fu-ed the hell out of Ben Affleck and Colin Farrel. Jennifer was such a hit in that role that she's taking the lead in a spin off: Elektra, co-starring ER's Goran Visnjic and due in cinemas next year. Buts its not just her fast moves that have gotten her noticed: her wardrobes often verge on fetishsm. Then theres the undercover maid outfits and Mata Hari dresses in Alias, while as Elektra, Jennifers a leather-clad dominatrix in a catsuit so tight that she had to be sewn into it. Shes like the 21st Century Avenger, but the gentle feminity has been replaced with sexual aggression.

Everyone has a flip-side though, and today - clad in a boxy pink sweater, with a make-up-free face - Jennifer looks sweet and angelic. "Omigosh!" she shreiks when i ask her about the costumes : "Its so embaressing wearing those dresses. I just have to tell myself " Its not me out there, its a character and if she has to dress like a sl** then so be it' Anyway thats what i tell my dad"

The Good Girl
In real life, Jennifer is a nice girl from Americas Bible belt of West Virginia; her father is a retired chemical engineer and her mother, a teacher. She spent her childhood playing the saxophone, swimming and training to be a ballet dancer. She arrived in Hollywood via the usual twists and turns. "When i started out i used to waitress at Isabellas", she says. "Steve Martin used to come in for lunch. When i was finally introduced to him last year he looked at me as though he knew me. "Did you audition with me or something?" he asked. I said: "No but i used to wait on you at table five every day!'"

Now 32, she lives in LA, and is divorced with one dog. In fact her divorce was the only time shes made the headlines that were anything less then agreeable. After her two-year marriage to actor Scott Foley ended, she started dating Alias co-star Michael Vartan. After spending the past three years working together thy've now been dating for almost a year. So when did she first realise she was in love with him? "Oh" she says, suddenly very interested in her fingernails. "Our friendship changed gradually". Is it harder or easier working with someone you're dating? "Both" she says. "Its easier because so much is shared, and its harder because so much is shared."

She said her divore was crushing: "Of course i thought the statistics would never apply to me. I was beyond heartbroken when they did. But, you know, you do get up and get on with it. You have to. I feel like I'm out of the woods now. Its not like we had kids: it could have been a lot harder." Garner still believes in marriage, though she has no plans to wed Vartan as yet. "I dont have a fairytale vision anymore," she says. "But i still believe in finding someone, commiting yourself to figuring it out with them and raising kids together. It takes a while you know."

Bright things ahead

For now, Jennifer biding her time both personally and professionally. She's the anticipated heir to Julia Roberts Americas sweetheart throne and they certainly have the same zillion watt smile. "I've never meet her but its incredibly flattering to be compared to Julia Roberts," says Garner smiling broadly.

Jennifer's new film, 13GO30, will certainly go some way to breaking the high voltage action mould shes been cast in. She plays a geeky teenager who on her 13th birthday wishes she was an adult, which comes true a little courtesy of magic. And theres not a pistol in sight. In her own life Garner says that at 13, she was wracked with self doubt about her appearance.

"One kid called me liver lips" she says. "Whenever your features are big as a kid, you grow into them later, but at the time you think you're goulish. On top of that, i thought i was fat. I was doing ballet and everybody else was so small. But i was tiny. Now when i see pictures of myself from then i think, 'Oh my god, i had a full on 6 pack how dare i think i was anything but great?'"

Twenty years on, Garner is renowned for having one of Hollywoods hottest bodies. Jennifer may have good genes but she still has to endure a gruelling training regime. "For Alias I have a trainer who arrieves at my house at 4am. After just half an hour i feel like im going to collapse!"

She admits that although she now feels comfotable in her own skin, she still has bad days. "Now and then i get insecure and hate every single feature on my face, hate every single thing about my body. I have those days, or those months" she says. "But it does make me sad when women try and find happiness through having surgery" She insists that she wont be going under the knife: "I'd never have surgery but it would be nice to find ways to pad out my cleavage!"

Jennifer says that it was only when she reached her thirties that she became comfortable with who she was. "When you are in your thirties, you grow into your own sense of self. I'm not afraid of growing up and am really looking forward to being 40. By then ill have so much more figured out. The older women get, the more beautiful they get, the more serene they get, the more themselves they become. That can only be a good thing".

Some Elektra stuff:

Set visit by Superhereohype can be found at jen-garner.net. They're a bit long to post so

I'll just provide links.

Set Visit 1
Set Visit 2
Set Visit 3
Set Visit 4

jEn Jr. posted some Q and A which is a bit long to post here. It can be found on page 816

More Elektra news:

I'm not completely sure who's going to cameo in Elektra but rjalias posted this:

Affleck turns down Daredevil spin-off 

Hollywood star Ben Affleck has turned down a cameo role in Jennifer Garner's Daredevil spin-off.

Affleck - who is taking a sabbatical break from his acting career - has twice rejected offers to reprise his role as the blind superhero Daredevil in Elektra.

A source says, "Affleck has been scrapped. He turned them down flat - twice. But he also spoke to Jennifer in person to apologise. She's fine with it and understands."

So, apparently, Ben Affleck is a 'no' for the cameo and Colin Farrel is a 'yes' or a 'maybe'. I'm not completely sure, haven't been following Elektra news that much.

rjalias posted a link to this small JG article that has a small MV mention:

JG article

Stunning actress Jennifer Garner is grateful she never had children with ex-husband

Scott Foley - because it would have been so much "harder."

The Daredevil star and Foley split in April 2003 and divorced three months ago. Garner has since found love with her Alias co-star, Michael Vartan.

Garner says, "Of course I never thought the divorce statistics would apply to me. I was beyond heartbroken when they did. But, you know, you do get up and get on with it. You have to.

"I feel like I'm out of the woods now. It's not like we had kids, it could have been a lot harder."

For those who missed out on the latest round of gossip, here's the latest from Star magazine.

But this has already been discussed and don't worry, we all know that Star is a dodgy tabloid so take everything with a grain of salt. I'm posting this so you're aware of what's happening, so if a certain someone drops by and starts posting, you know that you don't have to worry about the breakup rumours :smiley:

From the Palace. In the Articles section, Sundaysilence8 (Carol) posted a brief description of the article.

Michael and Jennifer appear in this weeks Star magazine. It's the same Ted C. story just regurgitated and changed a bit. They've got "sources" asking the question what is going on with Jennifer and Michael as Michael was out with his friends Sunday June 27th. They have the infamous "Michael doesn't go out to bars when he's dating" Along with the flirting with a woman at the bar story. Then they have a caption stating another "source" who doesn't think Jennifer is "really into it anymore" from the set of Elektra. At the end of the article you have denials from Michael's people and a "no comment" from Jennifer's.

Blondeaussiechick posted a description of JG article from the Australian Who magazine.

It has pics of Jen and Martha on the first few pages.

It reads as such "Alias Superspy Jennifer Garner spent a less-social day in the park obedience training her labrador Martha Stewart, before settling down in the shade of a tree to read." It looks like Jen spotted the camera too as she has a kinda happyish smile.

Last bit of Elektra news...

jEn Jr. posted some article about some the actress who plays Elektra's ninja sidekick.

The article is a few posts above ^^

Have a good weekend all! ^_^ I'm sending out PMs now. I apologize if you didn't get one or the link isn't working, just PM if there's any problems :smiley:

ETA: Just found this article while perusing The Safehouse. Maybe I mentioned it already in the update, I'm not sure, but its just an overview of Elektra.

Sci Fi Elektra Article

Oh, and I forgot to mention that there's some Dutch site asking for "Mister 2004" that I came across on The Safehouse as well. MV is currently at #213.

Poll - Vote for MV

thanks for the update and pm jess!

glad i wasn't around for all the commotion, i'm sure that raging psycho will be back though.

can't wait till the season 3 commentary. and yes, jj does talk too much. i like the vartan/grunberg commentary, they're so funny.

i'm going away for the weekend, hope there's no trouble! i'll miss you guys ;)

I just have to say I can imagine JG & MV sitting on their respective movie sets on the phone to each other saying "Hi honey, so it looks like we broke up AGAIN! What is that now like the 4th time we have broken up in the year that we have been together?!" and then having a really good laugh about it.

axj said:
I just have to say I can imagine JG & MV sitting on their respective movie sets on the phone to each other saying "Hi honey, so it looks like we broke up AGAIN! What is that now like the 4th time we have broken up in the year that we have been together?!" and then having a really good laugh about it.
axj, totally on! :D :D

MV - honey it seems we broke up again!
JG - really, isn't it the 4th time this year?
MV - yep. Good to know though, i though we were still together.....nothing like the tabloids to decide our lives!
JG - let's see when they decide we're back together again! :D :rolleyes: :D

p.s. Thanks Jess for you PM. You don't really know how great it is to have it, and not worry about missing any news! ;)

I know we have had a rough couple of days in this thread because of kiper and her other aliases. I don't want to give out false hope since they may not go but there is a possible opportunity this weekend for a Jen &/or Michael appearance at the offical opening of Victor Garber's play on Saturday night. I would keep my eyes open on the different photo agency websites for pictures over the weekend.

Another thing to look forward to is the Emmy nominations which will be announced on Wednesday (July 15).

I've read that today is the last day of filming for Elektra. I don't know if it's true or not but if it is, she should be back to LA soon.

axj said:
:lol: That was funny.

Thanks for the transcript jess as well as those summarized updates. ;)

Cinderella said:
I know we have had a rough couple of days in this thread because of kiper and her other aliases. I don't want to give out false hope since they may not go but there is a possible opportunity this weekend for a Jen &/or Michael appearance at the offical opening of Victor Garber's play on Saturday night. I would keep my eyes open on the different photo agency websites for pictures over the weekend.

Another thing to look forward to is the Emmy nominations which will be announced on Wednesday (July 15).
Hi, Cinderella! I'm a long time lurker and I hardly post unless I need to like today when i saw your post saying something about VG's opening play. I just wanted to ask you what play is this and if this will be in New York. My husband and I were just talking about VG as my kids were watching Annie with VG in it and I told my hubby that I would love to see VG or RR in Broadway play. My husband said that it might take a while for VG to do a play again since he's busy with Alias. You can imagine how surprised I was to know from you that he's doing one. We love going to NYC. I hope you can tell me what you know about it. Thanks!

MaryJane said:
I've read that today is the last day of filming for Elektra. I don't know if it's true or not but if it is, she should be back to LA soon.
Today was originally listed as the last day of filming, but a couple of weeks ago, it was reported that the date was being pushed back to the 15th. I'm not sure if that affects Jen or not, but I would assume so. I know they were shooting scenes at a mansion as recently as Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back