Goo Goo Dolls on VH1 "Pop Up Videos"

Alien Soup

Head Chef
One of our favorite shows, "Pop Up Videos" on VH1 is doing another Goo Goo Dolls song! The first Goo Goo Dolls "Pop Up Video" was for their hit "Iris" from the soundtrack for the movie City of Angels with Meg Ryan & Nicolas Cage.

The shows official Twitter account, VH1PopUpVideo, this week gave a shout out to Robby & John looking for the input for their "Name" video.
VH1PopUpVideo said:
@Johnrzeznik1 Hey! We're popping "Name" and we'd love to talk! DM us if you're interested.

@RobbyTakac Hey! We're popping "Name" and we'd love to talk! DM us if you're interested.
That was followed up today with a tweet by Geoff Moore who directed the video!
Geoff Moore said:
they just interviewed me about the goo goo dolls video I made 15 years ago for the new Pop Up video show on Vh1....

For your viewing pleasure here are the videos for "Name" which will getting the pop up treatment as well as the pop up video for "Iris"

But we're not done! Check out this video we came across of the guys already giving a behind-the-scenes look at the "Name" video! :cool: (Click HERE.)

UPDATE: Twitter'er @Redhead1965 caught a mistake in the "Iris" pop up video! At the 0:52 mark John's name is spelled as "Rzeznick" instead of Rzeznik. Nice catch, we never noticed that before.

After Name is done, it will really be the third Goo Goo Dolls Pop-Up Video. Slide was done last year.... ;)

(Yes, I know, some really funky audio with the video. For this video VH1 has all of the music on the left channel and just their popping sound on the right channel. o_O)

Back