guys and dolls

i've never posted a fanfic before so let me know if you like it. i'm planning on there being more "chapters" to it anyway, so even if you don't, please give me a chance! post or pm me if you want to say something about it
all alias characters are jj's, not mine. the irishman came from my imagination and others probably will as well.

chapter 1: no strings attatched

syd giggled. who knew she could have so much fun in los angeles? the last place she had gone out had been francie’s restaurant. but she pushed francie out of her mind and just thought about the moment.
she was sitting at the bar, watching people dance. she wasn’t drinking and hadn’t been dancing yet, but she was still having a great time. she loved to watch people, they were so interesting. plus the music was great and the bartender was a nice guy.
“this is from the guy across the bar,” the bartender said, placing a drink in front of sydney.
she beamed and looked up. whoa. that was all that came to her mind. there, sitting at the other side of the bar was a absolutely gorgeous man. even with him sitting down, syd could tell that he was quite tall. his black hair was slightly shaggy, hanging over his ears and eyebrows. he was wearing a faded jean jacket over a white shirt. syd was nervous but took her drink, and stood. she followed her eyes and walked toward the man.
he grinned smugly to himself and looked her way as she sat next to him. she glanced up and immediately took notice of his bright green eyes. they were sparkling at her like emeralds.
“thanks for the drink,” she said shyly.
she was not used to being hit on. then again she never went out. but still flirting made her feel amazing, yet at the same time nervous. a guy was interested in her, but she could mess it up. she stayed quiet until he responded.
“you weren’t drinking anything or talking to anyone. i thought you might need a boost,” the guy replied. he spoke with an irish accent.
green eyes, tall, an accent, it seemed to good to be true. not that syd was looking for anyone in particular, but those three things added together were an amazing trio…plus she hadn’t had sex since she had lost two years.
“what do you think about having sex with a stranger?” she asked, trying to sound bold.
“excuse me?” he chuckled.
“i’m sick of being let down in relationships, but i’ll admit i miss the sex. what do you say we go somewhere and do it? no strings attatched. you don’t have to call, in fact, i don’t even want to know your name.”
syd was quivering inside. sex wasn’t something she talked about, it was something important to her, like she was giving away a part of herself if she had sex. but going that long without sex? she couldn’t stand it. so she had come up with a reasonable idea. she couldn’t be let down (unless the sex wasn’t good. which it was almost assured to be with a tall, muscular irishman). all it was, was sex. nothing to it. but it was still nerve-wracking.
“what do you think?” she asked.
“come on, i’m a grown man…of course sex with no strings attatched sounds good,” he grinned.
sydney beamed. whoo, the worst part was over.
“i have an apartment on beacon. you want to head there?” he asked.
“sure,” syd replied.
she followed him out to his car. it was a sleek, black lexus, very nice. she sat in the passenger seat and they drove to his apartment in silence. syd was nervous. she didn’t know his name, she had not said over one hundred words to him, yet she was going to have sex with him.
they walked into his apartment. like a gentleman, he took her coat. things were a little too silent, so he offered her some wine. she looked over at him. all of the bad things that had happened to her regarding guys came surging to her brain. she suddenly wanted him more than anything.
she pushed him against a walk and threw her lips into his. he was shocked, but quickly began to kiss her back. their tongues fought with each other.
his coat was already hanging on the coat rack and soon his t-shirt was off too. syd ran her hands over his toned torso. she felt each muscle as it flexed and moved.
he pulled her shirt over her head and began to kiss her neck and shoulders. as they made their way toward the bedroom, she was able to unbuckle his belt and unzip his pants.
on the bed. they were both only in their underwear, still passionately kissing. he slowly moved south. he kissed her shoulders as he unclasped her bra. he just slightly tickled her breasts with his tongue before moving even lower. he circled her belly button with his tongue and kiss it and suckled it.
sydney was longing for him to go even lower, to her still underwear-clad ****y. finally he did. he pulled her panties down to her ankles and she pushed them all the way off with her feet. he grinned when he saw her cleanly-shaven ****y. he teased around her upper thighs and just outside her lips. she was insane with desire. finally he pushed inside. she gripped his head and pushed it farther and farther inside of her.
she orgasmed more greatly than she ever had before just from a tongue. once he had made her orgasm, he slid his way back toward her mouth and kissed her again. she lightly ran her fingers all over his body, they were still tingling from the orgasm. her tickling touch drove him wild.
suddenly he pushed inside her.
it was the most passionate night of intense love sydney had ever experienced.

I PM'd you about the fic, but I wanted to post my review here too. Its a good start. I'm interested to see where you are going with this handsome Irish stranger! I wonder who he is!!!

Feel free to PM me when you update!

chapter 2:the binoculars

when syd awoke it took her a while to remember where she was. then the irishman brushed her hair off of her face. it feels weird to only call him the irishman she thought.
“good morning gorgeous,” he grinned, wiping all thoughts from her mind.
“hey,” she smiled.
he nuzzled at her neck. she giggled but pulled away from him.
“what are you doing?” he asked.
“i’ve got to go to work,” she replied, standing to get dressed.
“can’t you just stay a little while longer?” he pleaded.
“i have work,” sydney sighed.
“f*** work.”
“no i’ve been f***ing you,” she said jokingly.
“come on, i’m not kidding. last night was so…great. it doesn’t have to be over right?” he asked.
“i thought it was no strings attached, no names mentioned?” syd said, zipping up her pants.
the irishman looked away. “i’m just saying that it doesn’t have to be. i mean, you could leave your number if you wanted to?”
“shouldn’t you know who to ask for if you call?”
“i could just call you, i dunno girl or something,” he suggested.
“yeah but if someone else picks up my phone, they won’t know who ‘girl’ is. and what would i call you, guy?” sydney chuckled.
“why not? i could call you doll, like guys and dolls,” he smiled.
“that’s my favorite play, and movie,” she beamed.
“so come on. i mean, no one but me is picking up here so it won’t matter. do you have a roommate or anything?”
there was a pleading look in his eyes. it almost made sydney crumble. he was so gorgeous and muscular and seemed like a tough guy, yet at the time he was begging her for a way to continue what they had started.
“i don’t have a roommate,” she replied. “i’ll leave my number, but i gotta go to work.”
‘guy’ leaned forward and kissed her on the head. syd took a mental snapshot. there was nothing more soothing then a guy kissing your head. she sighed and headed out, leaving her number on the bedside table.
once syd got home, she jumped right into the shower to contemplate what she had gotten herself into. she had no idea who this man was. he could be a terrorist for all she knew – though she doubted it, not many terrorists went to clubs to have sex with strangers…then again, not many CIA agents did either. but nonetheless, she was nervous. was it going to become an actual relationship? would that be so bad? finally she decided to put everything aside and just see how it works out. if she turned out not to like him as she got to know him, that would be that. if the relationship wasn’t even really a relationship, that would be that. not that much could go wrong. she decided to get to know him.
and get to know him sydney did. the sex charade went on for four months. no words but pillow talk was every exchanged between the two, but that pillow talk turned out to reveal a lot about one another. they truly got to know each other, got to like each other. whenever they met, syd would head to his apartment; he never came to hers. she would walk in, nothing was said until they got into the bedroom. then the pleasurable nights would begin.
sydney’s back was against the wall. her tongue was fighting with guy’s, a deep passionate kiss. he began to pull her shirt over her head but she pulled it back.
“f*** me in my clothes,” she whispered, her hot breath tickling at his ear. “it makes me feel dirty.”
he grinned wickedly. they continued to kiss as she pulled his shirt over his head. slowly, guy became completely naked, sydney still in full clothing.
guy bent her over to f*** her doggy style. she wasn’t even wearing underwear beneath her leather mini-skirt, so he had easy access. they were standing in the living room but neither of them cared. he pushed inside of her, making her moan. she longed for it to be harder, for him to go deeper. she grabbed the arm of the couch and pushed back into him. she pushed harder as he began to thrust faster. finally her whole insides exploded in ecstasy. he came soon after she did.
they collapsed onto the floor together, breathing heavily. syd wrapped herself around him and closed her eyes, her heart still beating like mad. they lay there together, entangled with each other’s bodies. when she thought guy had fallen asleep, sydney whispered something she had been thinking about a long time.
“i love you.”
“i love you too,” guy said.
“sydney?” vaughn said.
syd snapped awake from her daydream. she had been thinking back to her first night with guy. how crazy the passion was even though they didn’t know each other.
“sorry, just daydreaming,” she sighed.
vaughn nodded and looked at the mission notes. “i’ll head in to get the package, you will need to be on the top of this building here,” he pointed to it, “standing guard. i know it sounds stupid but we can’t risk sark getting anywhere near the package. i’ll be with you on the building within five minutes.”
“i know,” syd replied.
she hated it when he was like that. she knew her mind had been somewhere else for a few days, but he was so condescending, going over the mission again as though she didn’t know. she sighed and looked back out the window.
“i’ve got it,” vaughn said, running up to her.
“okay sark just pulled up. we better get out of here,” she replied.
“wait, he’s meeting with someone. look through these. do you know who that is?” he asked.
she looked through the binoculars and gasped. “no,” she impulsively said. it was guy.

Oooh...so Guy is her adversary, eh? Interesting...

What's Sydney going to do? Is she going to confrong him? :Ponder: I wonder....

Are you sure he's not British with blonde hair and blue eyes??? ;)
...just kidding...I'm usually a straight-up Sarkney girl...but different doesn't mean bad... :lol:

chapter three: his voice, his laugh, his smile

syd didn’t understand. she snapped pictures of sark and the man with whom she had fallen in love. thoughts were weaving their ways in and out of her mind. she had no control, over anything.
“that’s enough pictures. let’s go.” vaughn said.
sydney just nodded and followed him. she still could not control her mind as they boarded the plane. curling up under a blanket, she stared out the window and let her mind wander through everything that had just happened.
how could i have been so stupid!? i don’t even know his name. i knew i shouldn’t have gotten myself into this. i had second thoughts months ago but of course i wanted to see for myself. good choice. now i have fallen in love with…who knows? an assassin? a terrorist? both? he could have completely lied to me. how do i know he’s not just with me because he realized who i was? maybe sark sent him to get close to me. oh god oh god this can’t be happening.
“syd, you okay?” vaughn asked.
“what? yeah,” she replied.
“i sent the pictures to dixon. they are running him through all of our files. no match yet,” vaughn said.
“who could he be?” syd asked in almost a whisper.
“whoever he is, he’s working with sark, so he can’t be good.”
“no. of course not…” sydney trailed off and looked back out the window.
vaughn sat down across from her and inconspicuously watched her. little did he know, she was so wrapped up in her own thoughts he could have been serenading her in french and she would not have noticed. his eyes began to trace her face. he lightly shook his head. every once in a while he caught himself doing that. he would be nervous for her, like now, she seemed so lost in something, and he would begin to worry, and wish he could make it better. he would watch her as though waiting to rush in and catch her when she fell.
sydney hadn’t even realized that vaughn had sat down. she was still wracking her mind, trying to find an excuse for what she had gotten herself into. she tried to find a sign, something that should have tipped her off. but she couldn’t. her mind always ended up going back to the night, two days before. she had told him that she loved him. and he had said he loved her too. could someone cold enough to work with sark have enough heart to love someone? she doubted it, but she couldn’t get his voice out of her mind. “i love you too.” it just repeated over and over and over…
“this is mr mccready. we do not know his first name at this time. truly we know very little about him. he has no records anywhere. no parking tickets, no overdue books, nothing. a contact in dublin knew his name, but that’s about it. we must assume he is armed and dangerous. working with sark is never a good sign,” dixon said. “you did a great job in france. we got what we needed with the disks. we’re trying to find out more about mccready for us to go on. for now, we have nothing. see you tomorrow. go home and get some rest. good job out there.”
syd went home but was not anywhere near being ready to get some rest. she paced around her living room ranting to her fish as he swam in his bowl on the table.
“what the hell was i thinking?!” she exclaimed. “i mean seriously! what the hell was i thinking?! first of all, sleeping with a stranger. what kind of freak does that? was i so insane without sex that i seriously needed to have sex with him? ok so forgetting all about that, what about falling in love with him!? the only reason i know his name is because of dixon! because of the cia! why can’t i just have one thing in my life go right? why can’t i do one thing that doesn’t end up hurting me?! i’m an adult! i should be smart enough to not fall in love with a guy whose name i do not even know.”
the phone rang. syd looked at it and saw guy’s number flash across the caller id scroll. she picked up the phone.
“what the hell?!” she screamed as a greeting. “did you and sark seriously think that i would not notice? that i wouldn’t realize it! if you think that i am going to listen to one word that comes out of your mouth you are dead wrong! you disgust me! i hate you!”
she hung up the phone and threw it across the room. the fish darted around in its bowl as the phone slammed against the wall.
“no,” syd whispered. “i don’t hate him…i love him. i don’t know what i can do without him. already i miss his voice, his laugh, his smile…”
syd broke down. she dropped herself onto the couch and began to sob. how could i have done this? the one man that makes me happy, that makes me smile, that makes me forget that i lost two years of the life, and that the man i loved married another woman, and that my family is so dysfunctional that we go to india together to look for nukes, that man…is awful. he works with sark. he is a terrible man. but i can’t just stop these feelings. i miss his arms when he holds me.
“i just want him to hold me.”

No apologies necessary for the lack of smut! When you write a story that isn't just smut, and has an actual plot, it happens! Believe me, I know! I had to go a few chapters wanting desperately to write smut, but not being able to due to plot!! :lol:

And for the story:
I like how Syd yelled at him and didn't even listen to what he had to say. That is such a Sydney thing to do. She does that a lot on the show (with Jack and Vaughn especially)!

Ooooh! Mr. McCready. No first name! It's like Sark! :lol: I have this urge to call him Mac! Sark and Mac...hmm...yes, I like that!! :lol: In fact, I think I might choose to do that when I review from now on! ;) You're free to steal that for your story if you so desire...

So, I wonder what Mac is going to do next, now that Sydney's not very happy with him!

Great update! Keep writing!

chapter four: love done well is always dirty

syd didn’t have to go into work the next day until she was called in. she knew she would be, they would find out something terrible about guy – dammit his name is mccready – and called her in for some op where she would probably have to take him down.
she had awoken at seven am on the dot, like always. after going for a quick run, she came home and showered. all she could think about was guy. his hands on my body, his mouth on my neck, sucking each water drop off separately. she couldn’t get him out of her mind, though that was the only thing she wanted to do.
when she got out of the shower there was a message on her machine, from guy.
“hey doll,” he sounded so hurt. “um…i don’t know. i just want to talk to you, want to see you. i don’t know what’s going on. i don’t understand what you are saying about julian. he and i didn’t think you would notice what? i just…i miss you. please call me back…please. i love you.”
syd tried to stop the tears that came to her eyes. sitting alone on her couch, dressed for comfort in sweats and a baggy t-shirt, she still couldn’t get him out of her mind. she needed him to be true, to be loyal, to be anything but an associate of sark’s. she wanted to believe what he had said. “he and i didn’t think you would notice what?” sydney didn’t even have the capacity to have noted that sark’s first name was julian.
finally she couldn’t handle it anymore, she went out for a drive.
without even realizing where she was going, she went straight to guy’s place. or “mr mccready’s” place. she hesitated before getting out of the car, hesitated before going inside, hesitated as she stood in the hallway, looking at the door to his apartment.
suddenly she banged her fists against the door, her heart seemed to be pounding louder than her knocks.
the door opened. guy stood there, and when he saw syd, he smiled slightly but looked deeply concerned.
“hey. we need to-” he began.
syd slapped him across the face. she pushed him backward, slammed the door and slapped him again.
“what the hell?” he asked, hands rubbing his cheeks.
“you cold, heartless bastard! so how has your ‘assignment’ been coming?” syd screamed.
“doll, i told you, i don’t know what you are talking about.”
“did you seriously think i would never find out? how stupid does sark think i am?!” she yelled.
“i really don’t understand,” the pain was evident in his eyes. “what does this have to do with julian?”
“so what’d he tell you to do? send me a drink and see how things worked out? this is beyond his wildest hopes, huh? now you’ve got me head over heels for you. how f***ing stupid was i? falling for a guy i didn’t know. well now i know what you are, you pathetic excuse for a man. you disgust me!”
“julian and i played on the same football team when we were kids,” he said, obviously trying to hold back his hurt. “we’ve stayed in touch. i don’t understand about the whole assignment thing.”
syd began to pound of guy’s chest with her fists. she wanted to believe what he had said, but she couldn’t. she had fallen for him, but she hated him. tears streamed down her face as she hit him.
“so what’s your real name, mr mccready!?” she fumed, still hitting him.
“charles,” he said so quietly it was almost undetectable. “charles mccready.”
he held syd’s hands as they continued to beat on his chest. slowly, they began to stop. he held her hands to his heart as she sobbed. finally she let him wrap his arms around her. he carried her to the bed and they lay there, him holding her, as she wore herself out crying.
“what are you supposed to do when the only person who can make you stop crying is the one who made you start in the first place?” she sniffled.
“you trust him. believe him when he says that he loves you. let him hold you in his arms,” he whispered.
syd nodded and buried her head in his chest. after a few minutes she stepped back.
“no, i can’t.”
guy – no! charles – sighed and blinked quickly.
“please believe me,” he said.
“i can’t. you’re lying. just because i love you doesn’t mean that i don’t know that,” she replied.
guy – charles!!!!!!! – looked at his feet. syd realized that indeed he was lying. he didn’t know what to say next. he continued to stare at his feet.
“let me come to work with you,” he mumbled almost silently.
“because the bank is so interesting,” she tried to keep up the lie.
guy, charles, whatever, brought his face up and looked her in the eye. “i know sark. he knows you. so i know you. let me go into work with you. i’ll explain it all.”
sydney shook her head and turned to leave. he grabbed her arm. suddenly all hell broke loose.
syd whirled around, slamming her fist into guy’s face. he dropped to the floor and undercut her legs. she flipped to the ground but pulled herself back up and away from guy’s punches. he dogded one of hers and hit her in the cheekbone. blood flew from her mouth but she came back with a kick that sent guy flying backward onto the bed. she leapt after him.
the fighting stopped. they stared at each other. syd’s mouth was bleeding slightly, as was a cut on her cheek. guy’s nose was beginning to swell. still, they stared at each other. guy brought his lips to syd’s. she threw him away from him and back-handedly slapped him. yet he kept pushing, getting his lips on syd’s whenever he could. he wrapped his arms around her and held her, her arms pinned by his chest, her legs flailing wildly. he sucked at her neck; nibbled, licked, teased. she bit his ear enough that it began to bleed, but as she did, she felt his arousal.
he flipped her over so he was on top of her, dominating. the passion, the anger, the betrayal. it all was shoved in, along with the love. there was more biting than usual; the blood mixing in with the sweat and saliva left on their bodies. they were out of their clothes within seconds. sydney raked her nails along his spine as he teased her breasts. his erection rubbed against her inner thighs. she shivered with desire.
“f*** me,” she whispered.
he grabbed his discarded shirt and shook his head. snaking the long sleeves around sydney’s wrists, he pulled them over her head and tied her to the bedpost. for a slight moment, she was afraid of what he would do. sark’s associate. a perfect postion. the perfect murder. but when he couldn’t control himself and dove back on top of her – kissing, biting, suckling, licking her stomach – she quickly dismissed the idea.
“f*** me,” she begged.
he scoffed, then smiled. “l’amour fait proprement est toujours sale.”
sydney giggled. “yes, so let’s get to it.”
guy stared at her, his green eyes swirling. he pushed against her and bite at her neck. he was getting rougher and rougher and rougher with her. finally he was inside of her. she ripped her arms from their tethered place and grabbed him, pushing him deeper. he thrust in and out, skin against skin, each moment getting hotter, faster, wetter. sydney was practically clawing at him as he nibbled all over her body as he thrust.
suddenly syd’s body violently began to shake. she was screaming. he came soon after. they collapsed on top of each other, still every once in a while a nibble, but no words. they just lay in silence, biting and licking at each other.
then syd’s beeper went off.

So...Mac did know she was an agent. So, did he find that out before they had sex the first time, or did he know from the beginning? Why does he want to go into work with her? Hmmm...questions to ponder :Ponder:

Ohh...they fight and then have sex! Hot hot hot!!

Nice job! (y)

Young smut writers stick together!! Hehehe. That was great! I just read all 4 chapters and it's great!! Y muy caliente! You use French, I use Spanish! :lol: But that was HOT!!! The last chapter especially. But I want to find out more about Mac and how it all works. Definitely PM me when you post the next chapter!

OH! Some words of advice that I got when I started fic writing. No two sentences start with the same word in a paragraph. When all the beginning words of the sentences are different, it adds a bit more zest (zest?) to it!! But still good job!!

For some reason, I thought I already commented on this. ;) But, anyway... I really like it, acting chica. The fighting and smut is hot hot hot. :blush: I gave it to my roommate to read and she was acually blushing while reading it. :lol:

I really like the original character of McCready- hot and Irish makes for great characters. :P

So hot, girl!!!! Can't wait for you to continue and can you add me to your PM list??
:woot:

okay you guys i know it has been forever since i have posted a new chapter, but i'm working on it. i've been majorly busy! but thanks for the great reviews and a new chapter should be up soon!

Hey, i basically just came to this website. I also love your story!!!!!!! Can i get a PM when you update?????????? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!! :D

~Em~

it's not my best chapter, but i thought i would give you a little more on mccready, and i wanted to write about the guns. go to freetranslation.com if you want the translations of the french. the last ones are definitely worth it. pms going out now

chapter five:

“i have to go,” she whispered.
“no,” guy begged. he held tight to her, his arms wrapped around her waist.
syd’s hair was messed up and her clothes were a rumpled mess on the floor, but she knew she had to go to work.
“let go,” she said sternly.
guy’s arms went limp and sydney snaked her way out of bed. she began to redress, guy staring at her from the bed.
“doll–” he began.
“sydney.” she corrected him.
he looked away from her. she continued to dress, trying to ignore the urge she had to jump back into bed and comfort him.
“will you let me explain myself?” guy asked.
“i don’t really think you can,” she replied.
“just let me come into your work. i can explain everything. i’ll talk to dixon. you have to understand-”
“how do you know dixon?” sydney cut in.
“look i-” guy began.
syd’s anger started to boil again. she remembered the betrayal. she began to hate him.
“stop okay. you work with terrorists. assassins. i can’t have anything to do with you. this was my last weakness. i’m sorry. good bye,” she said.
she strolled out the door, leaving guy broken, still in bed.
“welcome sydney,” dixon said.
“sorry i’m late.”
she had had to stop at a gas station to fix herself up. she had been crying and she still had sex hair. so she stopped and fixed her hair and put on make up so she looked normal when she went to work. but she noticed vaughn watching her intently. did he know? could he tell? what about her father? he could probably see right through her. she wiped the thoughts from her head and took her seat.
“we have some new information about this mr. mccready,” dixon said.
sydney cursed him in her mind. she couldn’t believe she had allowed herself to give in to him that morning.
“we still do not know his first name,” he went on.
she had to stop herself from informing them that it was charles.
“he is not a big name, but it seems he is in the arms business.”
pictures flashed on the screen in front of the room. guy/charles handing m-16s to a man, showing him a stoner sr50, a hecate ii, 50 bmg rifle. then more pictures, with another man; a tuvelo .50 sniper rifle, a p7000 pistol, a dar-701 rifle. sydney held back all of her emotions as she saw the pictures.
“he is very low-key. not many people know who he is, but those who do…well they are quite high-up in the terrorist hierarchy. he seems to be making quite a living from this,” dixon said.
“do we have a name for any of the men he is selling the guns to?” vaughn asked.
“phillip abendroth,” jack said, a close up of the second man coming to the screen. “we have worked with him before. and he has proven to be very cooperative. we are going to work with him again.”
“sydney, vaughn, you are headed to germany. he believes us to be working for irina derevko, as she was in our custody last time we went to him. you will continue that charade and get information on this mr. mccready. we have reason to believe mccready may even be meeting with abendroth some time soon. you will learn more on your flight. you leave in three hours,” dixon said.
sydney was lost in thought as she stared out the window. she hated guy for tricking her into the relationship. even if he hadn’t tricked her, she hated him for it. and she hated him for making her refer to him as guy. for some reason she just couldn’t bring herself to think of him as mr. mccready. she hated him for that. she was always so professional. so right. so moral. and now all she could think about was his sweet mouth on hers, his hands on her body, his…
“sydney?” vaughn interrupted her thoughts.
he seems to be making that a habit syd thought to herself.
“got more on the mission?” she asked.
he sat down across from her and handed her a file. “yeah. mccready is going to be there. he’s meeting with abendroth later in the day. dixon wants us to keep the meeting going late, however long that may take, so we can see mccready in person. maybe learn something about him.”
s*** syd thought. “all right,” she said innocently. “this is all the information we have on him?”
“yes.”
vaughn stood and left. the file was quite small. a few papers, many pictures. the pictures syd had taken of him on that first mission when she had found him out. she could barely bear to look at them. she didn’t want him to be so terrible. working with sark. she couldn’t stand it.
“hello mr. abendroth,” syd said in a sweet-all-american-girl tone.
“hello. irina is hiring american’s now?” he asked.
“i recommended her,” vaughn explained, speaking in a russian accent. “vladmir belov. this is molly johnson.”
abendroth shook his hand and ignored sydney. “what does irina need now? i haven’t heard from her in a while.”
“we need guns,” sydney smiled.
“i believed that to be a given. what does she need exactly? sniper rifles? sub-machine guns?” abendroth asked.
“we need a sniper rifle. a dsr-1 police sniper rifle to be exact,” vaughn said.
“it’s your lucky day. i got a new shipment. i noticed there seemed to be a high demand for these guns. i got a shipment without an order so i would have them right on hand,” abendroth grinned. he had a sleazy grin. his gray hair was greasy and his nose crooked, the classic villian look. “follow me.”
syd and vaughn did as they were told. sydney stayed close to abendroth, but far enough away not to be a bother. as he reached for a container that held a gun, she breathed hot breath on the back of his neck. after visibly seening him shiver, she backed away, knowing her duty was fufilled.
abendroth turned around with the container, grinning at sydney the whole time. she bit her lower lip and gave him a shy grin back. god this job sucks sometimes. i have to flirt with this slime sydney thought to herself.
“this gun is amazing. irina should be very impressed. the rifle is evolved from the now discontinued erma sr-100 sniper rifle. i have a contact inside the german company that is manufacturing them,” abendroth explained.
“can i try it out?” sydney asked.
“don’t you trust me?”
sydney giggled. no, you impotent scum, i don’t she thought. she knew it was uncommon for the buyer to test the gun, but she really wanted to shoot something. oh yeah, and it was going to help the mission somehow? no she just really wanted to blow something to pieces.
“we can head up to the top of this building. you can shoot almost anything you want from up there,” abendroth suggested.
“let’s go,” vaughn said.
they walked up the staircase together. abendroth chatted with sydney the entire time, he obviously thought she was sexy.
“do you speak any other languages?” he asked.
“twelve,” sydney replied. “russian, german, mandarin, french, spanish, italian, swedish, portuguese, norweigen, arabic, singhalese, and afrikaans.”
“wow. which is your favorite?”
“francais. though singhalese is nice because it is the language of sri lanka which i just adore,” she explained.
they were at the top of the building. abendroth owned a large are of land, and this building looked over all of it. there were rolling hills to one side and a forest to another. a winding road-like driveway separate the two sides. abendroth set up the gun for sydney.
“in the forest, you can usually see birds perched on the trees. or you can come to this side and i have targets set up,” abendroth suggested.
“the targets.”
sydney got ready. she used the eye piece to aim the gun at a camoflauged target. she took a breath in, fire, and she breathed out. the target was hit directly in the center, that could be seen even from the top of the building.
“that is amazing. no one has ever been able to find that target before, much less hit it!” abendroth couldn’t hide his awe.
“it is relatively well hidden,” sydney shrugged.
“tres bien. vous aimez?” he asked in french.
“oui,” sydney replied.
“we’ll take it,” vaughn said.
he had been standing to the side and out of the way, letting syd amaze abendroth, but it was time to step in. a car was pulling up through the driveway.
“ah how time flies! that is my next customer. let me get him settled and then we will make the sale.”
abendroth led the way down the steps. before sydney left the roof she checked the car and nodded at vaughn. it was indeed mccready.
“ah my friend mac!” abendroth exclaimed when they were back to ground level. “so good to see you again.”
“and you philip,” guy replied, never taking his eyes off sydney.
she looked away. then she was angry for being weak. then she thought about it and realized she still thought of him as guy and was angry about that. the more time she spent thinking about anything and everything about him and their relationship, the angrier she got.
“mr. mccready, meet vladmir belov and molly johnson.”
guy took her hand in his and kissed it. “so good to meet you miss johnson.”
sydney snapped out of her angry and remembered she had to sell her part. she giggled and blushed.
“pleasure mr. mccready,” she smiled.
“please doll, call me charles.”
he really had the balls to call me doll sydney cringed as the word left his lips. she knew that vaughn took notice of the exchange. how could he not? even when he greeted vaughn, guy was still staring at sydney.
“and what are you buying from mr. abendroth?” sydney asked.
“socomi ar-831s,” guy replied without hesitation. “i’ve got a job that needs to be done.”
“anything interesting?”
“just a little something outside paris,” he said.
she knew he was either giving her wrong information, or setting her up. why would he tell the cia what his next job was going to be? something was definitely not right. syd knew dixon and jack would want more information, but a first name and the possibility of a job outside paris was good enough for sydney. she had to get out of there.
“we must be going. vladmir, the money,” sydney became professional.
the sale was made and sydney and vaughn headed for the car.
“peut-être je vous verrai encore?” charles asked before she reached the car.
“dans vos rêves mouillés,” sydney replied.

Hee hee! He called him Mac! I love it! ^_^

I loved how Mac kept staring at Sydney even though he was talking to Vaughn...hee hee...I wonder if Vaughn will be questioning her about that...hmmm..

Great update! Looking forward to more...

Back