Horse racing

LMAO!!! :lol:

No, it's with some organization where he talks to people who work for colleges and universities, I'm not sure. He's already been temping there since July. So I guess he does kinda deal with the public but only over the phone and email.

Uh oh, Sharon's coalition collapsed and his gov't is on the verge of falling, I wonder if his boyfriend knows :eek:

I still can't believe it's December already! Where the heck did this year go? And if all goes well, I'll be starting grad school next month..wow, that sounded weird. It's too bad I didn't really do anything this year, just a few small horse races, a few tiny concerts, went on a few small trips, met some guy from Arkansas, nothing too exciting :lol:

I bet Dubya's on his way over to console him now, with hot chocolate, cookies and a big ol blanket (BIG OL BLANKET!) to wrap up in and snuggle.

This year has totally flown. I've gone through three guys so far this year :lol: Geez, I'm such a huss. I'm already starting to plan PTO for next year so I can have Derby weekend off, possibly BC weekend off. It's in NY, so I can probably make it up there.

LMAO!! That's hilarious..BIG OL blanket! Dubya's in Canada today, trying to make amends with our neighbors to the north who haven't been happy with us as of late. Maybe we can get Victor and Barry to go say hi ;)

My stomach is really bothering me and I don't know why :(

I saw this guy coming home who was wearing flip flps and no socks, in DECEMBER! I know it's warmer than usual for December but really, it's not flip flop weather.

I just got my certfied mail thing back for my application. It's stamped November 29th, that's Monday, I sent it LAST Monday, to Northern VA no less, s***, I could have just hand delivered it, my god.

Ahh yes, Derby weekend. I'm going to be busy with school next year (I hope) and FM and Ev aren't touring so that'll save me some money and craziness. If I do any TC races next year it'll probably just be the Preakness, which was the most insane out of the three I went to this year but it's close, we'll see, now that my friends all want to go because they heard me talking about how much fun it was. If Rocky goes to the Derby, I'm thinking of probably going home and watching it at Philly Park with everyone else (Kristen, you're going to have to drag your butt there with me!). I mean, it's not going to matter, nothing will ever compare to this year for me.

I'm also hoping to visit Tim and Jess and of course I'm planning a weekend trip to Arkansas. Maybe I'll go the weekend of the Arkansas Derby and I can root for Rocky there.

My friends are perv's, Carrie's away message says "Giving oral....arguments that is" :lol:

Glad you had a nice time at the lecture. Awesome experience for you. I love learning about the Titanic, it's very interesting.

Yes, I will definitely get my butt to Philly Park with you. I will have my license by then (I can get it this Sunday but won't for alittle bit) so I'll drive myself there...:lol: With my Mom's car. haha

New Lost tonight...woo hoo!

Woo hoo!! That'll be so much fun!! I'm going to want a Derby glass from next year though, since it'll have Smarty's name on it :smiley: And the Preakness infield tickets will have his picture on them too. Mine this year has Funny Cide on it, it's really cool. I saved it for my scrap book which I have yet to start, it's going to take me forever.

Thanks Kris, yeah, it was a lot of fun. I'm glad I went.

Yes, new Lost tonight!!!

I'm about to go through a major rant here. The only thing Gina HAS to do in the evenings is register patients and answer the phone, none of which she's managed to do lately. I HAVE to register patients, answer the phone, do the pre-certs, do the surgery schedule and call CHA. If I don't start getting some help soon, I'm going to have to KEEL HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think I should invite Matt to the Derby again? :lol: Kenny would KEEL ME over that one.

KEEL HER!!

I don't think that will be such a good idea.

If by CHANCE, Rocky wins the Derby and goes to the Preakness, it's going to be a mess down here again, but my god how fun that was.

Man, I seriously need to get cracking on my scrap book.

You know Laur, if you were going to the BC next year, you could fly here and I could drive us up to NY. Just a thought. That's if I can bear being at Belmont Park again :(

I may do that, B, if Dad and Luanne don't go with me. Otherwise, maybe you could come up and join us. Dad usually likes to go to the BC too if it's not too far away. He didn't want to go to CA with me, and we didn't go to TX (not that I had any interest in being in TX), but I'd say he'll want to go to NY. Maybe. Who knows with him.

I got all kinds of cute little accents for my scrapbook, haven't started on it yet either. Aren't we such slackers? :smiley:

This creepy vascular surgeon keeps hitting on me. He's older and Jewish, B. ;) *kidding, he's reallllllly creepy*

That'd be fun, I'd love to show you around here too sometime. I actually really like Belmont Park, I just need to make some happy memories there, not that I didn't have a great time before the race. Hopefully the weather will be nicer and no former Presidents will die while I'm there. And even if we took a bus up and then got the train, it goes right into the park which is really neat.

The thing is, I don't even know how to start a scrapbook, maybe you can help. And I found even more Smarty articles at home over the weekend, I've already got at least a ton, mostly all from the Philly papers, it's a bit crazy, I don't even know where to start.

Older and Jewish..wooo hooo. But creepy? No way.

I just changed my home computer desktop wallpaper, it's Brian Westbrook of my Eagles, my boy. I've got a picture of Rocky winning the Nashua Stakes on my work computer :smiley:

Yeah that would be. I noticed when I was at my Grandmom an Pop's they had a Derby glass from I think 99'. I'm not sure where they got it.

and Start that scrapbook!!!!!! :D Actually I should do my scrapbook from the World Cup last year....

Nice wallpaper....mine is Jack from Lost...:love:

my wallpaper here is of Seabiscuit, mine at home is UK basketball. Screensavers for both are Seabiscuit

I keep reading all these articles about Miss Grindstone kickin some bootae... she's a five year old mare. *sniff* I feel old. I remember her daddy racing. Gary rode him quite often.

I'm not sure how to do scrapbooks with articles. I've got a lot saved, I think I'm just gonna cut 'em out, glue them to the pages and keep them in page protectors, just the best ones. Otherwise I may just keep the headline and toss the rest of the article. I'm better with scrapbook pages of pictures than articles.

ETA: I can't imagine the weather being nice in NY the last week of October though. I'll have to get warm clothes. I about froze my arse off in Chicago!

Well I just hope it's sunny at least. It was pretty chilly this year and it was June, but it wasn't hot, no sun and no monsoon, I guess I counted myself lucky..lol.

Chicago at the end of October, yeah, you'd freeze. I think it's going to be cold for the BC at Monmouth, with the ocean breeze and it being October.

Those are great ideas for the scrapbook, thanks L. I was going to go in chronological order, and put my pictures with the articles: Derby, Philly Park event, Preakness, Belmont, and then ending with the retirement articles. There are a few newspaper photo spreads I won't put in there because I want to frame them. One in particular was a huge centerfold from the Philly Inquirer the day before the Belmont with the most gorgeous close up of Smarty and it says "Inspiration. Champion. Hero" and then "Smarty" in big letters, I want to frame that.

I don't have screensavers on my computers. Oohh..Matthew Fox, what a hottie. He's on the cover of this week's EWeekly (it's on Lost) and I nearly drooled over it. One of my co workers was like 'Ohh..he's a cutie!" :love:

Awww, that's cool Laur. Her daddy's Grindstone right? Dumb question I know..lol.

yes, her daddy is Grindstone. Beautiful horse.
grindstone.jpg

Good runner, also.

I have another scrapbook I need to work on too. I was gonna do one of all horse racing stuff, and one of vacations, stuff like that. I got some real cute little accents for the Mexico and Caribbean vacations, and Vegas :smiley:

I was just looking over the stallion register. Distorted Humor's kids have the best names!
Funny Cide
Thisgaldon'tlaugh
Twisted Wit
Then She Laughs
Humorously

Ooohhh...niiiceee!! He's really pretty!! How old is he now?

Hahaha!! That's funny..hee."funny"

Birdstone is one of his kids too rrrrrright?

All I know is when I finally do this scrapbook, I'm going to need a box of Kleenex next to me. Oh yeah, and a drool bucket so I don't drool all over the pictures of John and Stew :blush:

Grindstone is 11 years old now, and yes Birdstone is one of his babies.

This is Pulpit, father of Purge and Tapit. I think this is just beautiful

pulpit.jpg

aww :(

You gotta get on the stallion register and look at some of these pics. There's a horse at Hill N Dale named Doneraile Court, he looks SO much like Seattle Slew. Slew is buried at Hill N Dale :(

Doneraile Court has a baby named Basketball Court :rotflmao:

Back