Horse racing

What's the link?

*sniff* that was so sad, I love Tom Brokaw :( But Brian Williams is a cutie so I'm glad it's him taking over.

Dan Rather is leaving, but I never watch CBS.

Hee..basketball court.

Stallion Register

You can check out the leading sires by state and by money earnings. Looks like Yes It's True might be the leading sire of next year. He's got some good 2 year olds. I didn't know he was Proud Accolade's daddy. He's pretty :smiley:

Oh my goodness, this site rocks! Elusive Quality is still #1 :smiley: I see Unbridled's Song is #14, for Domestic Dispute, but I just looked at his breed, most of them have names that are similar, and then there's Rockport Harbor :lol:

lol, well, the names aren't always similar. That is funny that he's so different though. :smiley:

You should see Macho Uno's daddy, Holy Bull. He's almost white now,and he was very dark grey when he was racing. Grey horses fade to white as they age. Silver Charm's getting pretty white too.

Grey horses fade to white as they age

So does hair, I'm realizing that now my guys' grey hair is now white -_-

I'll bet Silver Charm looks pretty now :smiley:

I need to not stay up so late talking horse racing with a certain friend of mine, on a work night, I'm sleepy ;)

One of my co workers/friends was complaing about not being able to park for free on one of the roads down here that's closed today for the National Christmas Tree Lighting. I lent her some change for the meter though I said I didn't have any sympathy for her since she doesn't need to drive and she should have known today was the lighting, but I did offer up to help her, I'm such a good friend :smiley:

My new work computer wallpaper
640x480_imagery5.jpg

Aww, I really like that desktop. Love the spires :smiley:

Sorry B, but I'm sleepy too. I feel your pain :smiley: I was up talking to Levi til about 2.

Me too, that's why I picked it :love: I just watched the Derby video twice online. Tom's call gives me chills, "The first undefeated Kentucky Derby winner since Seattle Slew!!"

Awwww, sleepy Lauren :(

What site did you find all the other videos on? I'm going to have to watch some of those from home tonight.

Okay..thanks.

I sent you an article from cnn.com. Jerry Orbach has prostate cancer :(

Today's Bloodhorse.com poll is Sprinter of the Year, Speightstown is winning in a landslide. I voted for him.

I saw that on msn this morning. Says he's doing fine and working on the new series though. I love Jerry!

You should watch last year's Derby video on the website also. I love Tom. "The gutsy gelding Funny Cide has won it!!" He gets so excited.

Oh you know, I think I have. When I went to Laurel on Haskell day, there was a video machine that had past TC races and I watched Funny Cide's Derby and Preakness win from last year, it was pretty cool. :D

The National Horse Racing Museum's website has the Secretariat Belmont race, and it's so good. "Secretariat is moving like a tremendous machine!" It started out pretty much as a match race between him and Sham, but Sham gave up on the back stretch, and the rest didn't even show up, they were just specks.

Cool!!! I'm going to set aside some time to watch these races.

I posted a question on the racing group asking who everyone thought would win the 2 year old of the year. Someone said if Declan's Moon wins the Hollywood Futurity on the 18th, he'll win the award (he also said whomever wins it will win). This horse has a high speed figure and is also undefeated. He apparently beat Roman Ruler.

Some of the people on that board post like they know exactly the answer to questions.

yeah, quite a few of them are know-it-alls. I loooove it when they're proved wrong though. A lot of them just KNEW who'd win the BC races, and most of them got most races wrong. I loved it.

Some of the people at the racing board I go to are just :rolleyes: . They think they know everything.

Yes It's True will become a good sprint sire. But I don't think Proud Accolade can go very far... maybe mile and an eight, max.

As for champ 2 yr old, I don't really pay attention to it, because the horse then tends to fade and not make a big impact as a 3 yr old. I haven't been paying close attention to the Cali racing lately, so I have no clue about Declan's Moon, except that he is the 2 yr old darling of the west. ;) I do like Afleet Alex and Rockport Harbor though.

I think Speightstown should win the Eclipse for sprinting. People complain that he only won one G1, but it's not like he was running in allowances and claimers the rest of the year.

I still get teared up watching this year's Belmont, even though Birdstone was the darling in my heart and I was so happy to see him win. You could see how hard Smarty was trying and how tired he was.

Anyways, I can't wait for next year. There are some 2 yr olds of this year who won't start until they're 3 that I've been watching. Plus, the return of Ashado, Artie Schiller, Mr O'Brien, Kitten's Joy, Ghostzapper, etc etc. My only favorite from this year who's been retired is Birdstone.

Yeah, I remember that!!

This one guy is pretty set on Declan's Moon for 2 YO of the Year. He does have a good point though, he beat a better field than Rocky has but I'd love for him to be proven wrong.

:lol: Me too. Declan's Moon is being hyped in the west coast as Rockport Harbor is on the east!

I really like Rocky, but I don't think he should be crowned 2 yr old champ. Declan's Moon has done more than him so far. BUT, I think Afleet Alex has done more than both of them. I like little Alex.

The west coast already has one champ 2 yr old in Sweet Catomine (who was very impressive winning the Juvie Fillies). They should be satisfied! :lol:

I still get teared up watching this year's Belmont, even though Birdstone was the darling in my heart and I was so happy to see him win. You could see how hard Smarty was trying and how tired he was.

We've got a Birdstone fan here, oh joy :P I'm only teasing, welcome to our little racing thread here, newbies are always welcome. I was at the Belmont (and the Derby and the Preakness) and I don't think I'll ever be able to watch that race without tearing up or my heart breaking. Every time I see the clip of Birdstone passing Smarty I have to cover my eyes, I can't watch it, it's too painful. We were at the top of the backstretch on the grass and standing on a picnic table I saw Birdstone coming around the last turn, but Smarty was winning when he went by us and for a split second, it was complete euphoria, and then... Birdstone ran a great race, I love Nick Zito. But as a Smarty loyalist, being from the Philly area, I obviously saw that race a bit different than you did.

There are some 2 yr olds of this year who won't start until they're 3 that I've been watching

Who are they?

Me too. Declan's Moon is being hyped in the west coast as Rockport Harbor is on the east!

Well I'm sure he's being hyped but I highly doubt it's anything comparable to the hype Rocky's getting, considering where Rocky is from, and who his trainer and jockey are.

Hey I like Birdstone too, don't act like she's the only fan :P I love my Ky breds, especially the Whitneys babies. I loved his sister Bird Town.

And I think Rocky's primarily getting hype from Philly Park, not necessarily the rest of the east, so I'd say Declan's Moon is fairly comprable. Defer looks pretty interesting also.

Back