Comedy Hot Fuzz

My wife and I almost drove an hour to see it in the theatre. But instead we decided to be lazy and saw it recently on DVD. Shoulda made the drive, it was hella funny and well worth it.

I didn't really think it was all that great. I'm picky though.

Have I seen any good movies recently? I think there was something decent, but I can't remember the name of it, so it couldn't have been that good.
We usually watch something or other on the Netflix watch now thing, but most of the stuff on there is felgercarb, or we've watched it already.

blah blah

I heard Hot Fuzz wasn't as funny as Shawn of the Dead, but I'll watch it eventually to decide.
The funniest movie I've seen lately was Superbad. Hilarious!

I thought it was quite funny, then again i love this kind of humor. I expect to see a sequel/prequel to this. This movie producer is a name to be watched!

You know watching this kinda reminded me of Peter Sellers/Pink Panther movies, it's kinda similar on some levels.

I gotta say. Wow. Freakin awesome. I was so cynical about this movie for like a year and a few months after it's release. I rented it and just finished watching it for the first time. And it blew my mine. It kicked so much ass and it made me feel bad because my life sucks in comparison. I wish i could save the world with giant robots. :(

My roommate and I keep watching the film, and each viewing we like it less and less. The two-dimensional characters get stale quickly, and the plot is shaky at best.

Not that I didn't enjoy the film. It entertained. But I find it to not be a good movie, merely an okay movie.

~Dune~

I expected it to suck, and watched it only for the Effects. But then it turned out unexpectedly funny, which saves the Movie from beeing Trash. Still, no good Movie, but nice to watch with a few Friends.

Disgusting ! *flick* :^O

It was entertaining. Much more so than I originally anticipated after reflecting on the 1980s Transformers toys, craze, and cartoon. Megan Fox is easy on the eyes, too... and they did a pretty good job and covering up the fact that she is a tattooed, chain-smoking skank. :smiley:

So was there higher expectation for a movie about giant robots fighting? I'm not a fan of the transformers universe but I enjoyed the movie for what its worth. I don't understand how so many people have said it's not a good movie and nothing more.
Did I miss something that everyone else caught?

I dunno.

Although it is interesting that you mention fans of the Transformers Universe, because I never was, but tons of people I know who were and are wanted it to be "token human character, then nonstop robot characters interacting and fighting".

So yeah.

~Dune~

For what I was expecting to see, I saw. There was a lot more character development than I thought there would be. The bots had human characteristics and attitudes which made them relate better. The bots were here for a purpose, intsead of an accidental crash land and decide to "save the world."
It was like watching the cartoon all over again....Giant robots fighting.
I guess not being a fan of transformers to start, allowed me to enjoy the movie.

So was there higher expectation for a movie about giant robots fighting? I'm not a fan of the transformers universe but I enjoyed the movie for what its worth. I don't understand how so many people have said it's not a good movie and nothing more.
Did I miss something that everyone else caught?

You didn't miss anything. Most people judged the movie before they even saw it. And alot of those people were asses that couldn't let go of their crappy 1980's original ---- version of the series. Also, I think alot of people these days expect every movie that comes out to have some mind-blowing plot device that requires special intelligence to understand. Mostly just so they can stroke their own egos after watching it and feel smart. But, Transformers is just an action movie. It's giant robots kicking each other's asses. That's it. I don't really think anybody could have done much more with it. People need to just sit back and enjoy some cool fighting scenes and special effects or at least give some credit to the people that spend the time and hard work to make these movies.

You didn't miss anything. Most people judged the movie before they even saw it. And alot of those people were asses that couldn't let go of their crappy 1980's original ---- version of the series. Also, I think alot of people these days expect every movie that comes out to have some mind-blowing plot device that requires special intelligence to understand. Mostly just so they can stroke their own egos after watching it and feel smart. But, Transformers is just an action movie. It's giant robots kicking each other's asses. That's it. I don't really think anybody could have done much more with it. People need to just sit back and enjoy some cool fighting scenes and special effects or at least give some credit to the people that spend the time and hard work to make these movies.

I completely agree

action_movies.png

~xkcd~

Have any of you seen this movie starring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost i saw t when it came out a few years ago it was an awesome movie in my opinion.