How Long Are They Really Going To Stay "Lost"?

I just watched the premiere and it looks good but how long are they really gonna stay lost? I mean seriously is JJ really gonna build a show on this? It looks more like a good movie to me. But I believe in JJ!

I personally loved it because we all understand the way JJ writes but for all those stupid reality show veiwers out tere they might not watch it. What do the rest of you think?

It seems rather confusing at times. the characters were hard to follow and i couldn't really feel the development of the characters. It might have been better as a movie.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT JJ KILLED OFF GREG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :angry: :(

other than that....it looks ok, i guess....i just saw it (duh) and i am not quite sure what the potential for this show is...but i kno JJ and i kno he has it all plotted out up until season 4 or w/e....soooo....i'm sure it'll b good!

but it was SO FUN TO SEE GREG GRUNBERG AND TERRY O'QUINN! cuz they're from alias!!!!!!!! it made me happy ^_^

anyone else have a reaction???

I thought Lost was good, but it wasn't what I was expecting. Although, I am not sure what I was expecting because nothing can top Alias. I too am wondering how this story will be carried through for an entire season, but we all know JJ usually has a trick or two up his sleeve.

I thought it was fantastic. And as for not feeling the development of the characters, holy smokes, this was only the first half of the first episode. Give it time. You can't develop 20+ characters in one hour. I think this series has the potential to be great. I only hope people watch it so we get to see all that potential.

You have to really understand the brilliance of the pilot. J.J. can really do ANYTHING with the plot! There's just so many ways he could go. Btw, y'all who thought it was average, you must of had the channel on NBC ("Hawaii" was on, y'all must of got confused cause they were both filmed in Hawaii?). Anyway, brilliant. J.J. is a god. :angelic:

GarnerForEmmy said:
I thought it was fantastic.  And as for not feeling the development of the characters, holy smokes, this was only the first half of the first episode.  Give it time.  You can't develop 20+ characters in one hour.  I think this series has the potential to be great.  I only hope people watch it so we get to see all that potential.
[post="1006091"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Seriously.

This episode wasn't to get in depth with the characters but to lay out what happened, where they are, and what they're facing...

As for the question on how long they'll stay lost... ever watch The Lost World? They could stay lost for quite a long time. ^_^

yeah, i actually liked they way what little exposition they had was toned down. very nice change. i loved it. as for how far can they go with it? well, i think you would be surprised how much they can do and where they can go.

Alias_Fan0202 said:
I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT JJ KILLED OFF GREG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah  :angry:  :(

other than that....it looks ok, i guess....i just saw it (duh) and i am not quite sure what the potential for this show is...but i kno JJ and i kno he has it all plotted out up until season 4 or w/e....soooo....i'm sure it'll b good!

but it was SO FUN TO SEE GREG GRUNBERG AND TERRY O'QUINN! cuz they're from alias!!!!!!!!  it made me happy ^_^
[post="1006072"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I know! How could he kill Greg?!?!?! And it was fun to see greg and terry, but I couldn't get their Alias characters out of my head. I kept saying to my sister "I can't believe they killed Weiss!" :lol: And when Terry's character did the orange thing, I nearly died laughing because it was something that Kendall would never do. I can't wait for next week! :D

As for how long they can stay lost, I'll bet they can come up with interesting storylines for a looooong time! ^_^

MeganGarnerBristow said:
I just watched the premiere and it looks ok but how long are they really gonna stay lost? I mean seriously is JJ really gonna build a show on this? It looks more like a good movie to me. But I believe in JJ! What do the rest of you think?
[post="1006055"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well, I have been asking that same question for a while now ... and I hope they don't stay long for 5 seasons ... I mean, what are they gonna do ... kill off one character at a time till no one else is left ...

KateJones47 said:
I know! How could he kill Greg?!?!?! And it was fun to see greg and terry, but I couldn't get their Alias characters out of my head.  I kept saying to my sister "I can't believe they killed Weiss!" :lol:  And when Terry's character did the orange thing, I nearly died laughing because it was something that Kendall would never do.
[post="1006157"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
hehe. I know! Same with me. I was laughing so hard!

rileylovesalias said:
It seems rather confusing at times. the characters were hard to follow and i couldn't really feel the development of the characters. It might have been better as a movie.
[post="1006062"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Completely disagree. There wasn't anything confusing to me, and the characters took a step back to what was going on, so there wasn't a lot to say about the characters, although we learned quite a bit already about Jack and Kate, and a little about the blonde kid who's in the band (the kid from Lord of The Rings).

What's great about J.J. is his series are just as good as great movies, and since he's got so many episodes to work with, he's gonna do a lot of great stories which I'm sure you'll like later on, riley! :smiley:

Now, as for how long this show can go on, I'm saying 4 seasons. Four years for Lost, and that's it, it won't be as long as Alias (cuz Alias is gonna go for 6+ seasons, or at least let's hope it does).

Stay positive about Lost... hey, it's a J.J. Abrams show!! ;)

KateJones47 said:
And when Terry's character did the orange thing, I nearly died laughing because it was something that Kendall would never do. 
[post="1006157"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I was thinking it was a reference or homage to The Godfather. ;)

I'm not sure how long they can really stay lost.... but I thought the show was absolutely fantastic.... I will agree though with what someone said earlier -- it was not what I expected -- I guess in the way that I felt it was "slower" than I thought it would be.... I expected a more faster pace -- and maybe it was because they didn't show the full 2 hrs. last night....

And as far as the orange thing? :blink: -- Confused the h*ll out of me... the only thing I could figure is that maybe the handcuffs were from him and he's a psycho mental patient... :lol:

Back