I'm back

I feel... so... welcome. :D

Hmm..I don't know where to start.. We did so much. I'll just mention this and that as I go along.

I'll begin with Switzerland.

Day 2 (Day 1 was the flight)

We first went to Zurich, Switzerland. There we met our delegation manager, a really cool, young Australian girl that everyone liked. Switzerland is a beautiful country. We had some free time for lunch and shopping in Zurich. It's funny. In the area where we were, there weren't sidewalks. It was like the road went through the middle of nowhere (yet somewhere). Cars just parked wherever they wanted (except the middle of the road). Then we went to the Swiss Alps. Everything was green, and there are lakes all over the place (See pic below). We went to a woodcarving shop. Not much happened today, mostly driving and free time. The sun rises early and sets late.

Day 3

We went up to Schilthorn mountain (one of my favorite activites), which is about 10,000 feet high. We took four or five cable cars up. It was amazng. There were clouds around us and below us. The air was so cold, but I adjusted after a while. We went hiking (walking, actually), across the top of the mountain. It was freaky because the path was thin and it did not look safe. The view was great. After that, we went to Murren, a mountain that was about three cable cars down. It's the only carless village with cars in the world. That's a joke our delegation manager made. There are no cars there, but when we went there, there were cars because of some construction going on. Later, we saw the Trummelbach Falls up close. We got really wet. Then we went to Lauterbrunnan for free time. The day was over.

Day 4

We left the town we stayed in. We visited Lucerne, one of my favorite cities in the trip. We didn't do much there, but it's a beautiful city. I had a lot of fun during our free time. We then went to Rheinfall, the largest waterfall in Europe. Great site. Then we left for Germany. We stayed in Freiburg, a small city. It was a really cool place.

I guess journal style will work best :D

AliasALIAS said:
Day 3

We went up to Schilthorn mountain (one of my favorite activites), which is about 10,000 feet high. We took four or five cable cars up. It was amazng. There were clouds around us and below us. The air was so cold, but I adjusted after a while. We went hiking (walking, actually), across the top of the mountain. It was freaky because the path was thin and it did not look safe. The view was great. After that, we went to Murren, a mountain that was about three cable cars down. It's the only carless village with cars in the world. That's a joke our delegation manager made. There are no cars there, but when we went there, there were cars because of some construction going on. Later, we saw the Trummelbach Falls up close. We got really wet. Then we went to Lauterbrunnan for free time. The day was over.
I went there last year!! Wasn't it gorgeous!?!?! I did all that stuff... loved the falls. Glad you had fun!!! Did you eat any Swiss food?? I sure hope so!! LOL

I'm not sure what Swiss food is, but I had a hamburger (which tasted different from American hamburgers), spaghetti, a salami sandwich (twice, in Lucerne and in Murren), and chicken (i think curry, not sure).

Sounds like you had a blast, lucky lad. ^_^ Hamburgers different, as in nicer or just "different"?

AliasALIAS said:
I'm not sure what Swiss food is, but I had a hamburger (which tasted different from American hamburgers), spaghetti, a salami sandwich (twice, in Lucerne and in Murren), and chicken (i think curry, not sure).
Swiss food is fondue or raclette. Basically... MELTED CHEESE!!!! LOL... I LOVE Swiss food... :D

Oh, smeg! I have to describe my homestay for you. It was in the last week (so much for the chronological journal style descrition :P).

We had a nice lady named Julie. She had two children, a 15 year old girl and a 19 year old guy. I had two other delegates with me, so it wasn't as nervewracking. We barely talked to the children because they always went out. Or they kind of avoided us. In mum's words, "English children are so unsociable, it's almost embarassing. When we went to America, everyone was so sociable." But we visited her friend's house. They had kids who were America fanatics. Julie even gave them souvenir's from America that she got from a previous homestay (she has had homestays a couple of times before). The kids kept saying how England was so boring. (And mum said this: "English kids think everything is boring. They're boring, they overuse the word.")

The family was really nice, I just wish we had talked to them more.

The food was good. The first night, we had meat (hamburger-like), sausage, and potatoes. Second night, fish and chips. Third night, chicken curry and rice, one of my favorite meal of the whole trip.

Oh, and I saw the Fast Food Rockers single, but I didn't get to listen to it.

^_^ Hmmm, English teenages ;) ??? Un-sociable and probably too shy, I would have been the same, :rolleyes: . Where the other kids who were American fanatics younger?
So true about English kids, they use the word boring too much. Hard kids to please. England boring? I love it, was the weather nice?

The family was really nice, I just wish we had talked to them more.

The food was good. The first night, we had meat (hamburger-like), sausage, and potatoes. Second night, fish and chips. Third night, chicken curry and rice, one of my favorite meal of the whole trip.

English burgers, yum, and sausage and potatoes, yum, I'm not too keen on my curry, but it's a common British food that many love ^_^ .

Glad to see that you're back. Swiss Alps...ultra pretty.

My mother's whole philosophy about how English kids are well mannered, eh....she lived there a lil too long, and her darn BORING conservative views.

France was great too. Very hot though. Just like Bath in England.
I loved the Eiffel Tower, even though it was hot and crowded. For those of you who can visit it, go under the Tower and spin around. It's really cool. Our delegation manager told us to do it.
We went to Champs d' Elysee and boy was it expensive there. Three Euros for a small pin.
The first city we went to in France was Arras. We went to the tunnel things. It was really cool.
There's more that we did, but it isn't at the top of my head right now.

it's Champs Elysée withou a d, the eiffel tower is cool, but yeah, lots of ppl go there (too many). It's really hot in France, yeah.

I think it's spelled with a d in English...

Day 5
We went to the Black Forest in Germany. We visited a cuckoo clock shop and a glassblowing shop. Really cool. We planted a small tree in the Black Forest to leave our mark. (I hope they take it out in the future just to allow future people to plant their trees :P) We went hiking in the Ravenna Glen. The trees and little waterfalls were a great view. I was really tired, me and my unfit legs. It took about an hour. We were supposed to go swimming, but because of the timing and the rain, it was cancelled. We went on a short cruise on a lake (I don't remember it's name :(). Then we went paddleboating on it. It's harder than I imagined. Then the day was over.

Day 6
I don't remember what happened on this day clearly. (I should have written in my journal everyday but didn't) We took a small tour of Freiburg, really cool. Then we went to a/the? Stein teddy bear shop. They have teddy bears with joints so they can bend. I'd buy one, but they were expensive.

Tonight, we stayed in a really cheap hotel. One of the guys on the second floor took a shower, and the water fell through and broke the ceiling of the room underneath it. One of the girls found underwear under the chair in her room. The bed broke when of the guys lied down on it (he was overweight, but still...) The floors creaked. Thankfully, we stayed there for only one night.

Day 7
Mostly driving. We went to the Netherlands.

Day 8 (I'll try to write shorter descriptions from now on)

We went to Anne Frank's house in Amsterdam. A great experience to go in the actual room where she hid from the Nazis. We took a cruise through the canals. And last we visited the Van Gogh Museum.

Day 9

We took a bike tour of Edam. I was nervous because I had just relearned how to bike the week before the trip. I had many close ones. We went to a cheese and clog factory. Kinda bland but still interesting.

Day 10

We went to the Dutch Deltaworks, which was really boring. Only the view of the North Sea was interesting. Then we went to In Flanders Fields Museum in Ypres, Belgium. We got to see the Last Post at Menin Gate.

That's it for now. Don't wanna bore you with all the details. ;)

Back