Season 5 Important News regarding Michael Vartan/Vaughn

I, for one, am tired of how they're throwing around all the fans. I feel like i'm in a bus that's tumbling down a side of a cliff. The rumors just keep going and going and going.

Sometimes i wish spoilers weren't even allowed, beacuse if things are bad then it makes you not want to come to the forums due to the uproar. Look what happened when this rumor first came out. Everyone was going insane!

I'm just tired of it. I just want to watch season 5 in peace, especially if it's the last one. But spoilers like these make it impossible, and i've lost all self-control to NOT want to look at spoilers now.

Charlie said:
Uhh... the same person posted it here :P

I'm not questioning Jodi, I'm questioning her source because it would seem so silly to have him survive the car crash and then die in episode 2 or 3... AND not have Syd attend?
[post="1460454"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I must have missed it... Has JG not been on set yet? Or anyway, how do you know she has not been filmed as Sydney going to his funeral? :thinking:

P.S. I believe Alias has done the "oh look he's gonna die," "oh no he didn't," "oh yes, he is now" thing before... And if they haven't, I wouldn't put it past them. ;)

spy41 said:
I, for one, am tired of how they're throwing around all the fans.  I feel like i'm in a bus that's tumbling down a side of a cliff. The rumors just keep going and going and going.

Sometimes i wish spoilers weren't even allowed, beacuse if things are bad then it makes you not want to come to the forums due to the uproar.  Look what happened when this rumor first came out.  Everyone was going insane!

I'm just tired of it.  I just want to watch season 5 in peace, especially if it's the last one.  But spoilers like these make it impossible, and i've lost all self-control to NOT want to look at spoilers now.
[post="1460465"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i agree 1000%

and its just... when you put everything together - the spolers from tens of diff sources.. the razzi pics... ABCs position - it doesn't. make. sense. -_-

I must have missed it... Has JG not been on set yet? Or anyway, how do you know she has not been filmed as Sydney going to his funeral?

P.S. I believe Alias has done the "oh look he's gonna die," "oh no he didn't," "oh yes, he is now" thing before... And if they haven't, I wouldn't put it past them.
The source stated that MV's last day was yesterday (the 17th) and that Vaughn's funeral was filmed on the 17th. But there are razzi pics of JG taken on the 17th in the middle of the afternoon of her shopping for baby clothes. Also there are some of VG dining on the 17th at some cafe.

angel_audie said:
The source stated that MV's last day was yesterday (the 17th) and that Vaughn's funeral was filmed on the 17th.  But there are razzi pics of JG taken on the 17th in the middle of the afternoon of her shopping for baby clothes.  Also there are some of VG dining on the 17th at some cafe.
[post="1460484"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Those pics could have been taken on the 16th for all we know. The dates on the sites aren't always correct. And besides, don't forget they can film around an actor and then cut and splice so Garner or Garber wouldn't have to be there at the same time MV was. And just maybe he was killed and then buried where he had been taken after the crash.

*** Hmm.. Ponders** Not sure what to think. I really hope that this is felgercarb. I enjoy the Sid/Vaughn story lines. However maybe JJ and the others on the show feel that it is time to close that story line. If I remember correctly Vaughn was never going to be a long term character. Who knows.. We really won't know till the season airs..

How do we know the pics were of Vaughn's funeral? Weiss is said to be leaving, and possibly Nadia and Dixon, surely it could be anyone (unless you could see in the coffin)!! I havent seent the pics so I dont know.
i dont want MV to leave, but I think too highly of the show to stop watching just because one character is leaving. Besides - is anyone ever really dead in Alias??

Charlie said:
That would make me think that the spoiler is probably false.

Plus, considering the script pages from the premiere, I think there would be more interesting ways to have Vaughn leave than have him just die.
[post="1460421"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I wish I had as much faith as you do, but I think the spoiler is true. Jodi (the person who posted it) checked to verify the source and she had not reason to believe this is not true.

As far as the paparazzi pics. You never know when they could have been taken

I just wish someone from ABC or Vartan's people would confim this and end all the guessing.

I don't want them to confirm anything. :D I wanna be suprised, yet I can't resist reading them. I told myself I was going to read one... just one. It didn't work out as I hoped.

I don't understand why some of the Vartan fans would just quit the show all together though. Have you guys only been watching Alias this whole time, only for him? Nothing else matters?

Jodi's information is indeed correct. I realize how questionable a random email seems, but my own source - the same one I had the past two seasons - could hardly be called that, and he confirms what she's written above. (Although he wants it noted that he did not comment on the fourth point).

sd6452 said:
I don't want them to confirm anything. :D  I wanna be suprised, yet I can't resist reading them.  I told myself I was going to read one... just one.  It didn't work out as I hoped.

I don't understand why some of the Vartan fans would just quit the show all together though.  Have you guys only been watching Alias this whole time, only for him?  Nothing else matters?
[post="1460666"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Here's why I wouldn't watch ....I am TIRED of the writers of making these kinds of changes. I've watched the Syd/Vaughn relationship develop over 4 years through all kinds of hardship and now, after they finally are engaged, the writers are killing him off. I feel like TPTB have been toying with the viewers and I am tired of it.

The main reason I watched is because I am a Syd/Vaughn shipper and now that he is gone, I am not going to keep watching the show only to be continually disappointed.

nygal300 said:
Here's why I wouldn't watch ....I am TIRED of the writers of making these kinds of changes. I've watched the Syd/Vaughn relationship develop over 4 years through all kinds of hardship and now, after they finally are engaged, the writers are killing him off. I feel like TPTB have been toying with the viewers and I am tired of it.

The main reason I watched is because I am a Syd/Vaughn shipper and now that he is gone, I am not going to keep watching the show only to be continually disappointed.
[post="1460710"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Iagree and let's not forget that a lot of fans of the show are Vartan fans too. If this is true, then I don't blame MV for leaving. I wish him well but the show...I'm just going to plead the 5th lol

Jinnie said:
Jodi's information is indeed correct. I realize how questionable a random email seems, but my own source - the same one I had the past two seasons - could hardly be called that, and he confirms what she's written above. (Although he wants it noted that he did not comment on the fourth point).
[post="1460708"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Thank you Jinnie.

so, he is actually leaving? :Ph34r:

can I just say that even if I haven't like his character developments these last two seasons ... its a shame he is leaving, especially in these circumstances ... :thinking:

I don't understand why some of the Vartan fans would just quit the show all together though. Have you guys only been watching Alias this whole time, only for him? Nothing else matters?

As of season 3 on, the answer would be YES. And I am done watching.

I don't understand why some of the Vartan fans would just quit the show all together though.  Have you guys only been watching Alias this whole time, only for him?  Nothing else matters?

Fans don't have to justify their reasons to other fans. Tread carefully.

well, some of the fans, didn't even know Michael Vartan existed until he dropped on Alias ... so, I don't know why they would stop watching ... but its their decision ... ;)

but I have to say this ...

He survived the biggest car-crash I have ever seen ... he is in episode one ... then now we get spoilers that he is dead, and that his funeral takes place ... :blink: :confused: :thinking:

Make me wonder ... is JJ trying to pull another one on us ... meaning ... Syd went missing for 2 years (but we did not get through Vaughns emotions with him, since we only saw Syd wake up two years after ...)

What if what he is trying to do, is to have Syd go through the same trauma, so she could understand what Vaughn went through and finally realize everything that happened ... and maybe by the season end, Vaugh would be back just to close out the series (if this is the last season) ... ;)

Back