Season 5 Important News regarding Michael Vartan/Vaughn

greaaaaaaaaat... and what do us poor non-americans do?

*mutters* sometimes I really hate this whole country-barrier thing <_<

oh! and I have a question for people... yes, MV leaving is horrible and will make the show not that good anymore, and yes, I am as upset as the next person is... but do you really think that you'd have the willpower to not watch alias just because of that? i mean, it's gonna be the last season and just :( don't do that to alias... watch it with or without MV... sure, you can cry as much as you want when you see the absence of Vaughn... but guys, don't boycott Alias just because MV leaves!

think of it this way:

do you honestly think that S/V would get married and have a happy ending? that all would be right in the world of Alias?

because sure, I am really uspet (wow, I really need to learn how to spell :rolleyes:) about it, but Alias just isn't the show that calls for a happily ever after ending... and I don't know...

I'm not saying that it's good for the show but I really think that well... the rumours say that it's of his own accord, right? well remember a few months ago all those statement about how he loved his job on Alias and never wanted to leave? well obviously something has caused him to leave and it's not like he'd just walk into JJ's office and go, "Yo, JJ. Kill me off the show. Been nice knowing you," or something... he would have talked it over and would have had a good reason to leave...

please don't hate me for this post... I really am upset about it, but just two things:

1. I really don't think that it's SUCH a bad plotline
2. Don't boycott Alias! :Please:

fishpanic said:
:smiley:
:smiley: Thank you! A sane voice in all this. Nothing  has been confirmed!!! It's a spy DRAMA! Look at all the hype for "Passion of the Christ" and how that drew in the masses to see it. We all love drama or we wouldn't watch. By the way, am I the only one who really enjoyed S3 And 4? It could all very well be fans for the flames ( ignor the pun) to bring in viewers for the new season. Would the show seriously be that stupid to ruin itself by killing off Vartan?!! Could Lucy have lived without Ricky? Let's see...maybe the funeral scene is a fake one, so that Vaughn's other evil guys will believe he's dead...maybe Vaughn is a decendant of Rambaldi and Jack Bristow sets up a fake funeral so that Michael/Mr. Michaux can go search for more artifacts. Maybe I am naive. I believe in this show and the writers. I've invested 4 years, lots of dollars, and recruited many of my friends into the Alias fold of watchers. It makes no sense to kill this character off. There isn't one thing that would make it work, and I don't believe they'll do it.
[post="1470276"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Amen sister! It makes no sense whatsoever to kill MV's character off. He brings the romance to the show. And I don't watch Alias for the action, I watch it for the romance! He is such a main character, you might as well kill Jack and Sloane off too.
I'm not sure I would stop watching Alias as soon as he dies, but if season five ends and he is really dead, I might reconsider tuning in another season. And I'm sure that there are fans who share my opinion.

Soo, I haven't checked up on this thread in awhile - what's the verdict? Nothing officially been confirmed, right? :thinking:

I just read on Alias-media that the rumor is just a rumor. Sheesh look at all this trouble they did to us! Conspiracies, and people arguing (even though you guys deny it ^_^ )
Shows how evil spoilers are. I have to try staying out. :rolleyes:

ETA: I don't know what to feel, I'm kinda of relieved, but before I was excited. :blink:

I read that too! it says he denies that his character dies... but he never said anything about not leaving the show (btw he sounded kind of iffy like he was skeptical about all these people on an mv campiagn and he said "it;s just a show"... :jawdrop:) i guess we'll have to wait and see until the cast pictures come out...

I don't know if to believe it or not. As much as i hope its not true, i really dought something this big would be some kind of rumor. I don't know if i will be able to watch Alias with out Vaughn. :(

:lol:

The RABID fans? :lol:

"By the same token I think you have a marginal group of those fans who take it to the next level and don't realise it's just a TV show and we're not curing cancer," :lol: :lol:

but he just said he wasnt dying he never said anything about leaving, i dont mean to be the negative one but he could still leave the show and not die.

Natalia said:
:lol:

The RABID fans? :lol:

"By the same token I think you have a marginal group of those fans who take it to the next level and don't realise it's just a TV show and we're not curing cancer," :lol:  :lol:
[post="1470715"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:lol: Although I'm sure the fans could cure cancer if Michael told them to. ^_^

1#ALIAS#1 said:
but he just said he wasnt dying he never said anything about leaving, i dont mean to be the negative one but he could still leave the show and not die.
[post="1470947"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That is true. Let's be a little more optimistic anyway! :angelic: I'm having equal feelings for both decisions. Hmm there's an SAT word that describes that. :Ponder:

In the ET interview (maybe it was the extra interview) the reporter asked "As of now, it's just a rumor, right?" and Michael said yes. Not a denial just a skirting of the issue.

I was watching Extra last night. Micheal Vartan was on it ( only for a second but still) and said that fans are just going to have to tune in to see what is going on. For all we know this could be a really big rumour just so tons of people will tune in to see. I really hope so!!!! I don't think they would kill him if it's the last season, what's the point? He's been there for the past 4 years so why ruin his character now. Why not just keep it. His character dosen't takeaway from the show but it defentily adds. So really it'a win lose situation.

~Andrea :angelic:

yeah him saying it was a rumour didnt confirm or deny it really :(

still hoping it 's BS!!

this kinda seems like an elaborate scheme since the news that he might be leavin alias has been getting so much news and publicity and attention, i havent seen this much media over alias since the superbowl episode.

well, if Alias is in the news, rumors are flying out and ABC isnt denying or confirming, it gives the public the interest to see if its true ... and maybe thats what ABC wants ... and any publicity for the show is good ... (y)

could be possible that it's only a publicity stunt, there's always rumors going around. Since a character is leaving makes the rumor/gossip more juicier. i guess we have to wait another month to see what really happens.

Andrea makes a good point, seriously, why kill a character that took so long to develop? after 4 years? :Ponder:

nataliethealiasfreak said:
yeah i agree with Jems, lets just wait and see what happens before we start scratching each other's eyes out :P
[post="1471220"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Thank you very much I totally agree.... I allready posted a whole paragraph in the prophet 5 episode description about why this aint happening.

For the record I completelt resprect the MV campain and adore them for what they're ding but all I'm saying is....

heres one thing.... TABLOIDS are the people who are giving this info Tabloids the people who said Ben was leaving JEN at the alter 3 weeks before their marriage. Tabloids are desperate magazines who are trying to leave a single horrible thought in th back of your head :angry: they would not do this to us, guys, not after that cliffhanger, ther is still character development needed in his character. JJ knows how emotionally atattched we all are to this show and unless he's investing in a depression treatment company Vaughns not leaving for good.
who else is joining the temporary denial club???

what they might do is tell syd he died and see if dhe follows through with her monolouge" If it had been me I would have waited I would of found out the truth, I wouldn't have given up on you" and "What it comes down to is faith"

Back