Season 5 Important News regarding Michael Vartan/Vaughn

undercover_spy said:
I was watching Extra last night. Micheal Vartan was on it ( only for a second but still) and said that fans are just going to have to tune in to see what is going on. For all we know this could be a really big rumour just so tons of people will tune in to see. I really hope so!!!! I don't think they would kill him if it's the last season, what's the point? He's been there for the past 4 years so why ruin his character now. Why not just keep it. His character dosen't takeaway from the show but it defentily adds. So really it'a  win lose situation.

~Andrea :angelic:
[post="1471185"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
See that's what I think. If this is the last season then what is the point...????
If it's not the last season... hmm... I just don't see it working, but whatever.
I read that interview where it said that Bradley Cooper made the decision to leave ALIAS because he felt that no one liked him, but yah what can you do... does Michael Vartan think one way or another... I just don't see it working without him. And deffinitely not working without Jennifer Garner like some people are saying....
HA WHATEVER!

I found this on spoilerfix.com. It is said to be a scene from episode 3, "The Shed".

Sydney and Marshall are on a mission together. The man they are looking for is wearing a Red Sox cap, and Sydney makes mention that she is a Sox fan. Later, Sydney is in her kitchen going through the mail. She finds a hockey magazine, and calls to cancel Vaughn's subscription. Source: bitterpill at TWoP

If this is correct, why would she cancel a subscription to a publication of his favorite sport? Seems to me she would only do that if he were gone.

Now I will say, this whole Red Sox thing seems a little hokey to me. Unless it's just a nod to Garner's personal life. Can anyone else confirm this spoiler?

GarnerForEmmy said:
I found this on spoilerfix.com.  It is said to be a scene from episode 3, "The Shed".

Sydney and Marshall are on a mission together. The man they are looking for is wearing a Red Sox cap, and Sydney makes mention that she is a Sox fan. Later, Sydney is in her kitchen going through the mail. She finds a hockey magazine, and calls to cancel Vaughn's subscription. Source: bitterpill at TWoP

If this is correct, why would she cancel a subscription to a publication of his favorite sport?  Seems to me she would only do that if he were gone. 

Now I will say, this whole Red Sox thing seems a little hokey to me.  Unless it's just a nod to Garner's personal life.  Can anyone else confirm this spoiler?
[post="1473384"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Vaughn is gone ... he is killed and she has to recognize the body ... so thats why she cancells his subscription ... :(

tooboo said:
Unfortunately, they are not bluffing.  Vaughn is off the show as is Michael Vartan.

Thanks Jinnie for confirming what I had said, but just to let everyone know, this was not a random email, started out that way, but proceeded to a series of phone calls that culminated in be being allowed to release this information.

Believe me, it killed me to do this, and this information has killed the show for me.

Jodi
[post="1461517"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Hi Jodi, thanks for letting us know this news------I am heartbroken! When all this mess is out in the open, is there anyway you can find out from your source exactly why Vartan was let go? I'd love to get to the bottom of this. I need to know exactly who's responsible so that I can boycott the responsible party!

I haven't read all of the past 15 pages worth of discussion, so if I've repeated something... my bad.

REASONS WHY I BELIEVE MICHAEL VARTAN IS NOT LEAVING ALIAS:

1) When important spoilers are MASSIVE, we ussually get a HINT (not the whole thing!) of what it is, and usually it comes from an actor. Remember Kevin Weissman and his "the last line is gonna blow you away" remark?

2) I know J.J. loves the relationship between Sydney and Vaughn. He painstakingly developed it.
I also know that, as creator, he would have some say in killing off Vaughn, and who here thinks J.J.'s soft little heart would've authorized that?

3) The Boston Whatever says that there's some conflict between Vartan and Garner and Affleck, and that the conflict led him to the door. How many times has Vartan said he's okay with Garner? How many times have we been assured of a friendly zone between those two? Why are we believing such cr@p, then?

4) The person who started this discussion said something along the lines of having known the spoiler for a while, and then being allowed to disclose it. No show wants spoilers wrecking havoc on their potential ratings. Because if you know what's going to happen, you're not gonna watch the show. So who gave permission to disclose the spoiler? Hmm. Somethin's smellin' rotten. I say, the writers (or the producer, or the network) is INTENTIONALLY spreading these rumors. Why?
Because they want to divert us from the truth of what's really going to happen! It must be bigger than this teeny, manipulable spoiler.

5) The writers created the background for Vaughn. They changed his name. They looked up a suitable name for his character. They went through all that trouble of setting up everything and saving him from the deathly accident. Why kill him an episode later? Am I supposed to believe that they came up with all this brilliance of a background of what he's been doing that pretty much ties up a lot of Alias' mysteries, and that they're going to just leave it as is and bury it? Highly doubtful.

6) The optional storyline is that Syd's going to be investigating Vaughn's killer. Hmm. That sounds kinda trite, no? We know Alias writers can do better than that. Investigating a loved one's murder, when was that done before? Oh, yeah! Color Blind! I'm not buying the lack of creativity. Alias writers are known for their twist!

7) ALIAS WRITERS ARE KNOWN FOR THEIR TWISTS! They have coniving minds!

For now, that's about all I can come up with. Pretty long list if you don't look at the numbers.

How funny would it be if all these reasons went down the drain the minute Vaughn dies in the premiere? (hehe; I'm contradicting myself; I'm sorry, I can't help it!)

Now, by law (not really, but how cool does that sound?), I'm forced to admit the following:

Take note of my username; not only am I crazy, I'm also conspiracy theorist #1!

So there you have it...

ok duuuuuuuude this whole thing is spinning circles around my head *holds hand to head*

i'm sooo confused

maybe michael vaughn is being killed off..........................but mr michaeux will live on!? :woot: ie vartan will stay but vaughn won't ;)

if people released that MV ie vaughn may die it could have been easily confused with MV as in vartan is leaving.........but maybe its simply that michael vaughn will no longer exist as he now has a new name :thinking:

*please let this be true*

maybe michael vaughn is being killed off..........................but mr michaeux will live on!?  ie vartan will stay but vaughn won't 

if people released that MV ie vaughn may die it could have been easily confused with MV as in vartan is leaving.........but maybe its simply that michael vaughn will no longer exist as he now has a new name

Initially when the word came that they were getting rid of Vaughn's character, I've sort of felt the same as you. However, I've been so disgusted lately with what is said to be confirmation that they are getting rid of Michael Vartan, that I totally lost sight of this. At this point I don't know what to think.

spy41 said:
I don't know about the rumor.  But ABC is definitley loving all the hype.
[post="1475360"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

But maybe that is exactly the point
As they say...there's no such thing as bad publicity

CrazyCharm said:
I haven't read all of the past 15 pages worth of discussion, so if I've repeated something... my bad.

REASONS WHY I BELIEVE MICHAEL VARTAN IS NOT LEAVING ALIAS:

1) When important spoilers are MASSIVE, we ussually get a HINT (not the whole thing!) of what it is, and usually it comes from an actor. Remember Kevin Weissman and his "the last line is gonna blow you away" remark?

2) I know J.J. loves the relationship between Sydney and Vaughn. He painstakingly developed it.
I also know that, as creator, he would have some say in killing off Vaughn, and who here thinks J.J.'s soft little heart would've authorized that?

3) The Boston Whatever says that there's some conflict between Vartan and Garner and Affleck, and that the conflict led him to the door. How many times has Vartan said he's okay with Garner? How many times have we been assured of a friendly zone between those two? Why are we believing such cr@p, then?

4) The person who started this discussion said something along the lines of having known the spoiler for a while, and then being allowed to disclose it. No show wants spoilers wrecking havoc on their potential ratings. Because if you know what's going to happen, you're not gonna watch the show. So who gave permission to disclose the spoiler? Hmm. Somethin's smellin' rotten. I say, the writers (or the producer, or the network) is INTENTIONALLY spreading these rumors. Why?
Because they want to divert us from the truth of what's really going to happen! It must be bigger than this teeny, manipulable spoiler.

5) The writers created the background for Vaughn. They changed his name. They looked up a suitable name for his character. They went through all that trouble of setting up everything and saving him from the deathly accident. Why kill him an episode later? Am I supposed to believe that they came up with all this brilliance of a background of what he's been doing that pretty much ties up a lot of Alias' mysteries, and that they're going to just leave it as is and bury it? Highly doubtful.

6) The optional storyline is that Syd's going to be investigating Vaughn's killer. Hmm. That sounds kinda trite, no? We know Alias writers can do better than that. Investigating a loved one's murder, when was that done before? Oh, yeah! Color Blind! I'm not buying the lack of creativity. Alias writers are known for their twist!

7) ALIAS WRITERS ARE KNOWN FOR THEIR TWISTS! They have coniving minds!

For now, that's about all I can come up with. Pretty long list if you don't look at the numbers.

How funny would it be if all these reasons went down the drain the minute Vaughn dies in the premiere? (hehe; I'm contradicting myself; I'm sorry, I can't help it!)

Now, by law (not really, but how cool does that sound?), I'm forced to admit the following:

Take note of my username; not only am I crazy, I'm also conspiracy theorist #1!

So there you have it...
[post="1474482"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I'll admit that I have gotten a little caught up in all of the gossip about Vaugh being killed off, but the logical part of me has been saying everything that you just did! I just do not think they logically would do it - it doesn't make any sense to kill him off right now. So thank you for verbalizing what I have wanted to!
But like you, I am also prepared to eat my words if he really does die! :smiley:

jems said:
maybe michael vaughn is being killed off..........................but mr michaeux will live on!? :woot:  ie vartan will stay but vaughn won't ;)

if people released that MV ie vaughn may die it could have been easily confused with MV as in vartan is leaving.........but maybe its simply that michael vaughn will no longer exist as he now has a new name :thinking:

[post="1474917"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Now that is a fantastic idea... and a plausible one. They've done it once before with... drumroll please... Julia Thorne after Sydney Bristow "died!"
I am also forced to admit however that this could be just the strongest case of denial I have ever faced in my life and therefore, my logic is overtaking all other thoughts and emotions in my brain.
And why do I even care so much? Vaughn is hardly my favorite character on the show. Irina, Jack, Sark and I guess Sydney too are my favorites... then Vaughn.

I really don't think that he is leaving. It's not a smart move 4 Abc + I think this is just something to get more publicity. I mean they haven't confirmed anything at all, there' nothing to go on here people. So I think we should all just sit tight and wait..........ewww I don't wanna wait. I want my ALIAS (I sound like a 5 year :P )

~Andrea :angelic:

i agree with the potential that michael vaughn dying really means we finally meet mr. "my name's not michael vaughn". publicity is publicity... and even those that are claiming to quit alias... ya'll will at least watch the premier to see if it's true or false right? this is hopefully, just a ploy to get the viewers in front of the tv and watch the premier on thursday, the most cut throat day of tv. like others, i will be so devasted if i've invest 4 years into this show only to have them not end up together. the only show that was successful in replacing the original cast, to me at least, was ER. all other shoes... abysmal. did yall see the blurb in the latest people magazine about mvcampaign!! it's definitely making headlines.

Denial shots all the way around. I'm in the same boat with you, I don't want to believe it either... however I'm trying my best to be prepared for the worst. It is wierd though. Somewhere, somehow, something is rotten with this whole thing. Because Vartan/Vaughn fans are so devout. I mean, how could they think that they could get away with this? It just doesn't add up.

I'm thinking there is some truth to both camps. If his death is some elaborate set-up or stunt, (Emily Style S2) then they will have to reveal it to us pretty quickly, or people are going to get hysterical. I mean, what if, ultimately, they had to fake his death in order to save his life? And he is going to be in hiding or something... Syd would have to go through S1 type double agent drama to see him... how fantastic would that be? Ohhh I'm getting chills. Powers that Be it is not to late, don't let me down.

spydancer said:
I mean, what if, ultimately, they had to fake his death in order to save his life?  And he is going to be in hiding or something... Syd would have to go through S1 type double agent drama to see him... how fantastic would that be? 
[post="1475863"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Ashley, I think that's a brilliant idea- it would definitely be a return to form and a nice touch as I think many fans miss Sydney living a double life, and having those secret meetings with Vaughn.
As for all these rumours about MV leaving, I can't believe how many people jumped on the bandwagon, saying they won't watch if Vaughn is killed off. Let's just wait and see how it plays out before we start jumping to conclusions.

8. In one of Michael Vartan's interviews, he said (and I paraphrase) that if he didn't get a job over the summer, he still had a year of Alias. (This year!) If he knew he was going to be unemployed for the rest of the Season, we'd have heard official confirmation from himself. Just as we've heard Greg say he's out for the count.

Even if these LOGICAL ideas stated don't actually mean squat to the producers and the network, it's comforting just to say them cuz it's heartbreaking to think of the possibility that Vartan might be leaving for good.
He's thirty something long years, when will we ever get to see him? TV shows are our only salvation! Once Alias is gone, everyone's gonna have to wait for a movie to see one of our beloved actors.

brooklyn_star said:
Ashley, I think that's a brilliant idea- it would definitely be a return to form and a nice touch as I think many fans miss Sydney living a double life, and having those secret meetings with Vaughn.
As for all these rumours about MV leaving, I can't believe how many people jumped on the bandwagon, saying they won't watch if Vaughn is killed off. Let's just wait and see how it plays out before we start jumping to conclusions.
[post="1475902"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Thank you! Remember last season when in the Season Premiere we all thought Sydney was "quitting the CIA" and then it was just a set up for the APO Black Ops thing? If Vaughn's death at the beginning of S5 is just a set up we could end up feeling a familiar sense of "What is really going on?" and then find out the truth a little later on.

As for those of us in on the Save MV Campaign... I think the general consensus is that it is never too soon to show how much these character(s)and actors mean to us. I would be similarly inclined should Victor leave or Jennifer or several of the other actors because I think the show would suffer without them. Look, for example, why Bradley Cooper left... He was reading fan websites and was upset to hear/read that he was falling out of favor with fans. I'm always distressed to read stuff like that because I realize that he didn't know how much he really meant to us. The character, Will, his humanity, love of Sydney, all that was one of the things I really loved. It was part of the heart of the show for me. Vaughn, obviously has a different role, but is important -vital IMO- in a similar way. If they let too many of those aspects go Alias ceases to be the show we all fell in love with. That is just my opinion, though. I hate reacting to a rumor, however, I think such an upsetting one with so much momentum requires a swift response. Such a rumor about Vartan/Vaughn is truly a day in Alias history that I never want to see.

Back