Season 5 Important News regarding Michael Vartan/Vaughn

You know I've been thinking and the one thing that still gets me is this:

Weiss is suppose to die, and it is suppose to happen really early in the season. You can't have a main character as Weiss die and not have a funeral... Right? so now all of a sudden we have an un-named source who I don't doubt works for ABC, stating that Vaughn dies really early in the season and that they just filmed his funeral on the 17th. It just sounds to much like what was suppose to happen to Weiss and not Vaughn, plus How depressing would that be to first watch Weiss's funeral and then an episode or two later watch Vaughn’s? That is a big No, no! Have any of us ever watched a show where they did that? Doubt it, so why would Alias do it? :confused:

Any way that has been erking me since the rumor first started to fester.

Sydney L Bristow, I think you're right on the money! I think that, like I've stated previously, someone (within the Alias crew) leaked out false spoilers on purpose to get everyone into the state of mind that "Vaughn is gonna die!" and it's worked.
So many people are doing the mvcampaign, that they've totally forgotten Weiss, who we know for sure is leaving. So, maybe they pulled a 24 stunt, and pretended to have Michael Vartan in the casket, when it's really Greg Grunberg's character.
Maybe they've gone through all the trouble of making up lies and confusing us so that the season premiere's shocker isn't Michael Vaughn's death, but Weiss'.

omg... i think u guys r write that makes a whole lot of sence!!! b/c i forgot that Wiess was leaving. oooo i can't wait till find out wut really happens.

I'm going with the death of Michael Vaughn the name not the character per say, as the spoilers with the revelation of his real name, of course he is not going to be known as Vaughn anymore is he.

using vaughn as a decoy for weiss, ah brilliant! man i'm thick for not thinking of that :rolleyes: :lol:

and the death of "michael vaughn" the person not the character :duh: wow the gears in my head are clearly not working :lol:

i love the name vaughn though, it's sooo .... perfect :angelic:

hahahaah i know! he looks more like a Vaughn then Michaux :blink: i don't even know how to pronounce that! :lol: but i guess we're used to Vaughn cuz thats all we know him as :P

I think it is wrong to assume that Vaughn's "death" is some kind of decoy for Weiss. We all know GG/Weiss is leaving. That from what I hear was his decision... My guess would be that one of them doesn't die. Perhaps as it is written Weiss will just "leave" the CIA. It doesn't seem likely that they will both die at the same time.

I still think there is something fishy about the whole situation, and although it may be futile, I'm holding out hope for a miracle. I want Vaughn in every single episode. If they need to invent drama, they should find another plausible method.

I like all the ideas going around about the reasons Vaughn MUST stay!! But also, it can't be forgotten that Vaughn is going to be a Daddy!!! I know this has been pointed out before, but it just doesn't make sense, to me at least, to kill Vaughn off when his role on Alias is going to become even more crucial! He isn't just Sydney's handler or lover, he's her fiance, the father of her child!!! It would be so strange if they just killed off Vaughn right before him and Syd were going to have some sense of normality and of family life...something I know many Alias fans have longed for and knew would happen sooner or later on Alias. Maybe I'm totally off, but it just doesn't make sense that they would kill him off, especially if it is the last season of Alias! but, i guess like everyone is saying, we'll just have to wait and see! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, the anticipation is killing me!!! :o_O:

If I remember correctly, GG said something in an interview about having a dramatic exit, which I take as he gets a big death scene. If he is truly leaving, why not kill the character?

I just have a sneaking suspicion that this whole MV is leaving rumor is a publicity stunt on the scale of PAUL IS DEAD. At least I hope so. To kill off Vaughn would tip the balance of the show off. I'd like to think it would make for a good storyline, but I dont have complete faith in the writing staff given recent history. Season 4 was good, but with some major missed opportunities IMHO for better storylines, better use of some characters, etc.

ya i too remember that and gg said he has a cool storyline about his death and leaving and after all this mv stuff i totally also forgot about gg leavin!!! i woulda been like wait who is greg grunberg again?? :confused: :lol: Does JJ realize how devastating it was to lose 3 characters twice in this show, i know they like to bring in new people and kill off a lot of people but i was soooooooo sad when francie will and irina left and look what happned, well season 3 happened! I dont wanna lose nadia, wiess and vaughn all at once. (n)

THe more and more I read and get into this, the more I am agreeing with everyone that there is no way they are going to truly, realistically kill of Michael Vartan's character and leave him hanging out to dry.
I just had another WILD idea! What if the funeral scene is viewed as a "flashback"? What if when Vaughn worked with the "bad guys," he was "killed" and they are now showing what happend as Vaughn tells it? He then became Michael Vaughn and came to the United States as a defector or something along those lines. Of course I don't think "bad guys" typically give funerals, but hey! I am sure there are many holes in that theory - but it just came to me and I HAD to share!

I know there have been about a dozen supposed "confirmations" on this one. Over at Alias media it is supposedly being "confirmed" again from an inside source to TV Guide. I hate to say it but all signs do point to the fact that it is really happening. For those of you still in denial. Think about joining the campaign. If many fans refuse to watch maybe TPTB will think about bringing him back.

spydancer said:
I know there have been about a dozen supposed "confirmations" on this one.  Over at Alias media it is supposedly being "confirmed" again from an inside source to TV Guide.  I hate to say it but all signs do point to the fact that it is really happening.  For those of you still in denial.  Think about joining the campaign.  If many fans refuse to watch maybe TPTB will think about bringing him back.
[post="1478228"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Spydancer as much as I hate to admit it, I've been wondering the same thing. I just saw on on Alias_media the "confirmation" and it certainly looks convincing. Oh well, if they DO kill off Vaughn, they must have a darn good story to make up for the fact that Sydney's baby will lose it's daddy and she will lose her second fiancee in the show. It still doesn't make any sense to me that they would kill him off, but with all of this confirmation, I don't know what to think!
If anyone needs to feel better about this, in a twisted sort of way, go watch Monster In Law! You can see "Vaughn" getting happily married. Just pretend it's Sydney or something!

If they are doing anything along the lines of vaughn dying, what they'll do is have syd belive he's dead and then see if she follows through with,

"If had been me, I would have waited, I would have found out the truth, I wouldn't have given up on you"

Because there is no Alias without Vaughn

Ya meg, They better go down that route if MV really is dead, because if Syd dosent look for him then what a fake he character will turn out to be!

Aliasaholic47 said:
If they are doing anything along the lines of vaughn dying, what they'll do is have syd belive he's dead and then see if she follows through with,

"If had been me, I would have waited, I would have found out the truth, I wouldn't have given up on you"

Because there is no Alias without Vaughn
[post="1478731"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Very good point! :confused: There is no telling what will happen if she is with him when/if he dies, though, right? I mean, assuming she believes it is really him, then we would be led to believe that he was/is really dead. Somehow I doubt the story will really be that simple, though. Leave it to Alias that the first person of importance that really dies, would be Vaughn. (n)

Back