Introduce yourself thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, nwn was cool...

I had to always put restrictions on my server, tho, cause of all the 'uber' characters that could do 20K dmg per hit or something. It annoyed me...

hello all, my name is ringgold (family name) and im 24. i live in birmingham, alabama. i work at a cabinet workshop where i draft the cabinets on a program called cabinet vision. i believe the first game that really got me into fantasy/rpg would have to be legend of zelda on the nes. i have played and beaten that game so many times its sad. ive beaten it on nes, pc, and psp several times each. someone hit me. from there i just stuck to console games. im a xbox finatic. down with the evil sony reich! become even more evil with microsoft and xbox.

my buddy patrick got me hooked on dragonrealms (canaan) ( i was always at the ranger guild in the crossing) when i was 17 and i played that game through college till i was 20. from there i discovered that beer was much more fun than dissolving into my computer nightly. but i graduated and had to give up being a fratboy. ive dabbled in EQ, EQII, SWG (worst one ever) and WOW. ever since i heard about HJ, ive been super stoked. looking forward to the same experience as posting on the DR forums. by the way, this site is kick ass.

laters

KickinBama (it will take me a while to learn this forum, im a scattered poster, so moderator... take it easy on me!)

I never really got into NWN. However, welcome to the forums! And I know someone who is from Birmingham, Alabama by the way... He goes by Lucian though.

Kinda a cool name :smiley:

Hi my names Randy I first got started playing verious muds about 10 years ago then ventured into everquest for awhile. tried everquest 2 but that was a major let down.I'm not currently playing any games at the moment, got tired of the lack of depth, and constent dumbing down of games wich seems to be the new trend. I did have a chance to play dragon realms, and hope you all can bring back the depth that you brought to mudding and make this game as memerable an experience as it has the potential to be.

Greetings gang,

I, like GOAT, was just recently accepted as a Development GM for Hero's Journey and I could not be more excited.

In the real world I am a 23 year old Network Administrator for a radio station in Portland, Oregon. I played hockey for 12 years of my life, and in my free time I have gamed since I could stand on two feet. I began playing Gemstone III when I was 14, and since then I have had the online gaming bug.

I ended my WoW career in February, coming off of a year of leading a raiding guild on a particular "Role-Playing" server. I've been closely watching Hero's Journey since I learned of it, and I cannot wait to see the end result after spending the past year of my life in such a loot-centric online world. Oh, to role-play again!

I am looking forward to spending countless hours working on Hero's Journey, as well as communicating on this board as often as time allows!

Cheers!

Frozz

Welcome Sial and Frozz to the forums! I hope you enjoy the stay! These forums are starting to pick up again, and with that more community involvement, and ideas! So make sure you check back with the latest ideas, questions, comments about HJ. Also we're starting to dive into some interesteating topics over in the off-topic forum too so you'll have to check those out as well!

My name is Paul, and I am 23. I started playing MUDs and RTS games when I was about 14. I love DR, and cant wait to start playing this game. I have extensive server, and database knowledge along with html skills from my years of tinkering, and currently work as an IT guy. I just stumbled upon this community, and appreciate the content found here and people.

Well my name is John... i was born in Far Roc Away Queens NY moved to Ocala FL and it sucks ass beacuase its slow i been playing MMORPGs since around 99 Everquest Ruins of kunark was my first.. i made a half elf ranger even since then been making rangers... i do have a life i hang wit my crew all the time we just do our think hang out chill make some music and laugh and all that ish look at girls holla at girls and ya know how the highschool life is :smiley: i guess thats all that is needed to be known :Ph34r:

Welcome Paul! I havn't seen you post much, but hopefully we can get you going on these forums, just remember this isn't all about Hero's Journey, its just a common intrest we share.

As for you XBlood, you've become one of our top posters, and a great asset to the community, and that I welcome you. Also the first black gamer I've ever met, so congradulations on that too! :smiley:

My name is Jon, 15, and i basically am on the computer all the time, until I get a job.

I've Played Diablo II and the Expansion, WC3, WoW, and theme/amusement park simulators.

This game "Hero's Journey" grabbed my attention when my friend, Tasoli, was showing me all these different games. Right now I play WoW, and like it because it is a good game, but after seeing what is planned to be implemented in this game, WoW is very miniscule when compared to HJ. I want to play this game A.S.A.P, which of course we all do.

I Really got into computer games when my brother played Baulder's Gate (SP?) and the Original Diablo. I was still pretty young but these really got me going, and when D2 came out, I played that a lot. Than my freind told me about the online part of it and i freaked, i was a noob at internet because i only had dial up back than...LAWL...well as soon as i got DSL i got hooked up to Battle.net and played D2:LOD and WC3 all the way until WoW came out.

Im playing on Anetheron, my guild had issues on Dethecus (Horde) and some of the most loyal people moved to Anetheron. Ive never had a 60...
My characters:

32 Gnome rogue: Boulderfist ( i was a total noob)

57 troll mage: Gurubashi ( Still a noob, freinds left the server)

39 UD mage: Dethecus ( got sick of a mage)

55 Orc hunter: Dethecus ( guild fell apart)

29 Gnome Mage: Anetheron ( my current character)

I also Play DotA on the side...

thats me!

Greetings and salutations!

I am Dave and I have lived in Florida for the past 6 years. I lived in Jersey before that, going to school with Goat and Shadow from middle school. We've stayed a pretty tight-knit group through the years.

As for gaming... one word... ANGBAND. I've had a Commadore 64, Atari, NES, PS1, GameBoy, GC, PS2, and since building this computer a 2.8 ghz P4 monster gaming PC. I've followed the Final Fantasy Series religiously until it sucked in FFX and FF X-2. I've followed Starcraft and Warcraft since War I. I've tried my hand at AD&D but never got into it. I played Magic: the Gathering for years, and still have 2 decks but no one to play with. I've played Gemstone 3 with Goat and Shadow since middle school as well, but quit years ago during college. I tried DR, MxO, L2, WoW, Counterstrike, Cyberstrike, and Gunbound but lost interest in them fairly quickly. Now I really only play DotA DotA Home Page and have been playing through FF9 for the PS1 on my PS2. Oh I have Myst V which I have yet to beat and am playing through Call of Duty 2. AWESOME game btw. I loved the Morrowind series and ended up getting both expansions, Bloodmoon and Tribunal. I have Battlefield 2 as well, but none of the expansions. I believe that sums it up.

I just quit WoW for good (I had a lvl 54 human cleric and even had my wife playing it) but I just couldn't justify the $30/month any longer for two accounts. Frosty begged me to be a HJ Council Member way back when the site fired up, and I've finally gotten around to frequent the forums here.

So thats me guys, flame away. :Ph34r:
BRING ON BETA!

Hey Silver! A fellow Jerseyan that managed to escape huh? Lucky you! What part of Jersey were you from?

Angband? Isn't that Morgoth (Melkor's) stronghold from Tolkien's Silmarillion?

Originally posted by JonDDA@Apr 21 2006, 12:42 AM
Than my freind told me about the online part of it and i freaked, i was a noob at internet because i only had dial up back than...
Something little admitted.

We were all internet noobs once.

:smiley:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back