Introduce yourself thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monmouth county. I lived in Keyport for a while, Atlantic Highlands for a while, and on Sandy Hook as well.

You are correct about Angband, but it was also a crazy game as well based loosely on J.R.R Tolken. Its probably not appealing anymore, but if you want to try it the link is as follows: Angband for Windows

After you pick 'new' under the file options chose a gender and race and when you get stat selection keep hitting 'r' until you roll the stats you like. From there its kind of move around and learn the game. Start as something easy such as a warrior, and walk into things to attack them.

Welcome Silver, and Jon. Glad to see both of you guys are posting on the forums. Silver is the man, known him for a few years now, and Jon from what I've talked to you on vent about Photoshop I'm glad you're here too.

We have a community that is growing everyone, make sure all of your friends know about this site. Even my girlfriend registered, so no excuses!

Hello All, my names Duane, im 21 and live in daytona beach, Florida.. I've been playing all types rpg for some time now anywhere from the Final Fantasy's to the newest is lineage 2 im just killing time till HJ drops and me and my clannies can get back in and do are thing...

BrimFire lvl54 Warlord (lineage2)
lilium 43 warrior(wow)
BrimFireAsh 20 Ranger(guildwars)

well hope to play with some of you when HJ releases
are Clan Name is( The Jaded One's)

BrimFire lvl54 Warlord (lineage2)
lilium 43 warrior(wow)
BrimFireAsh 20 Ranger(guildwars)

Silver is from Daytona Florida by the way. How is spring break down there. I'm jealous.... anyways!

Level 54 warlord huh? That's dedication!

I was thinking rerolling a Warlord at one point. After having looked into it I realized it was gonna take lots of dedication, aka grinding =/.

Hello. My name is Scott. I am a guy, who lives in Perth, a city in Australia.

Errm... well, I first heard about Hero's Journey back when I was playing Saga of Ryzom. One of my guildies mentioned (more that a few times :D ) how excited he was "about this MMO that's in development called Hero's Journey. It's going to be the ultimate MMO for people who love to roleplay and totally develop their characters!" I started to read up about HJ and soon the two of us were having very dramatic discussions about how MMO-changing this game was going to be.
This was back when Dark & Light was starting to gather almighty hype as being The Next Big Thing, when LotR:Online was called Middle Earth Online, and when we weren't seeing ten Asianic MMOs converted for the Western audience every other month.

And strangely enough, of all the games I've been looking at and following from back then, Hero's Journey is one of - if not the only - game that has progressively got more and more exciting; more and more of a following. And not suffered the horrid setbacks which plague this industry. Ala Dark & Light... :blink:

Oh, and I'll totally admit to having a crush on Stephanie Shaver's writing style.

About me? Nothing too interesting.
Am a musician, have a home studio from where I write anything from Big Beat to Classical (and have a new beast of a computer arriving for the studio in two days so can't wait!!!).
I do a fair amount of Photoshop art, and have been invited to take part in a very large modding project for Oblivion.
I just love art in general, mainly doing, not so much going out and viewing etc. I think in essence I create completely for my own interest and not for presentation. Which is why I've never followed the artist's lifestyle and tried to make a living from it.

Concerning making a living, well I am involved in a Government agency, but am presently on medical leave due to having knee operations from injuries sustained 'in the field'.
What's most depressing is this whole time I've been following HJ and so severely looking forward to it, and yet it looks like when HJ is finally released it will be about time for me to head back into the workplace, and thus won't have anywhere as much time to play this game as I would have if it was released today. :thinking: <_<

Umm...
<5 minutes pass>
So yeah, that's a little about me I guess. Once again, thanks on the awesome fansite Frostoids, the site is amazing. You've done a great job!
And nice to see the GMs and meet all these happy new people!

Am looking forward to lots of senseless long posts like this one.

Nice to get you know you a bit better Arremus. Again, thanks for the compliments, but I can't take all of the credit. The staff have helped make the forums a growing community, Narcism designed the site, and Citizen helped code it. Make sure you check out Golevel Web Development for all of our other fansites that we have made, and check back their for new ones that will come out.

You're in artist huh? Well show us some of your photoshop work, I'd personally love to see what you can do. I enjoy Photoshop a great deal, but have never really perfected the art of working in Photoshop.

Where do you work with the government, or is it top secret, like James Bond or something? Haha that would be kinda neat. However, it is sad you had to have surgery on your knees, I'm sure that sucks. Too bad the game isn't released, but it's a good thing it isn't yet, or I would fail high school with 4 weeks left in my Senior year.

Great to see you here, and I hope to see your long posts as well!

Hi All,

Been computer RPG gaming since about 1981. Zork or Transylvania, can't remember.

I was excited about Vanguard until I became a beta tester. Needless to say, I'm now looking forward to HJ.

Glad to be here, interested to hear what you all have to say.

Cheers.

Originally posted by Presto@May 1 2006, 12:48 AM
"...I was excited about Vanguard until I became a beta tester."
Ooooh I smell tastey gossip! ;)

Welcome into the fold Presto, nice to see you around!
Be sure to get involved into the convo's, and post other irrelevant dribble like I do!
Such as.....

I LIKE KITTENS!!

Welcome Presto! hopefully you'll be able to convert a few 'Vanguard is gunna dominatez' friends over to Hero's Journey! Welcome welcome!

hey all. I'm 25 and between games at the moment. My wife and I have our child due in august and I'm having to be pretty selective about the next game I allow myself to get into. Life has worn me down into a "casual gamer" :D

HJ looks like it could work out and Frosty seems to be on the ball, so here I am. Nice site btw.

Originally posted by Faemus@May 2 2006, 03:07 PM
hey all. I'm 25 and between games at the moment. My wife and I have our child due in august and I'm having to be pretty selective about the next game I allow myself to get into. Life has worn me down into a "casual gamer" :D

HJ looks like it could work out and Frosty seems to be on the ball, so here I am. Nice site btw.
Welcome and congratulations on your kid.

I hope you find Hero's Hall to be a second home. :lol:

If you have any questions, either post them, or you could possibly message me and I'll respond. ;)

Originally posted by Presto@May 2 2006, 05:07 PM
Thanks Frosty! Wicked cool site.

Faemus, gratz on the newborn!

Does your wife play?
Ok.. yup.. Indeed, congrats Faemus!

*grows impatient...*

Ok so what's the goss about Vanguard beta!!!! hehe. Why did you lose interest?
(To be honest, I have little to no interest in that game to begin with)

>>Ok so what's the goss about Vanguard beta!!!! hehe. Why did you lose interest?
(To be honest, I have little to no interest in that game to begin with)<<

The NDA prevents me from posting anything specific, but I think it's ok to say that it is a game where you are required to group. Soloing, which I enjoy especially at the beginning of MMOs, is looked at as anti-social.

The emphasis seems to be on real-world realism vs d&d realism. I also was not impressed with NPCs or Travel.

Combat is more in-depth than WoW, but not such a radical departure as to be considered a generation change.

In general, I would say it is an intentionally difficult game, designed for those who want as little aid as possible when going through a gaming environment.

Also, the UI is awful.

Originally posted by Presto@May 2 2006, 05:07 PM
Thanks Frosty! Wicked cool site.

Faemus, gratz on the newborn!

Does your wife play?
I wish. She hates WoW because of all those nights it took me away from our "Everybody Loves Raymond" reruns.

With HJ, I'm starting early. I've mentioned it a couple of times, trying to keep in mind priorities that she may have if she ever starts gaming. ( pets, character customization )

Also, if she plays HJ with me, then we get to have more "us" time and go adventuring together. . . I'm not sure how well that angle will work, but I think I can get her into HJ a lot more easily that Age of Conan. :P

I got my wife into WoW in the same way you are trying to get yours into HJ.

I will never forget the night when she came to me, guilt on her face, and asked if I minded if she raided the night away.

It brought a tear to my eye, I was so happy.

omg. . . you should write a book! I would think that someone drugged me if my wife ever asks to go raiding all night :blink:

Well with a body like yours Faemus (via the avatar) it's no wonder she wants more "Me" time!! :lol: :D ... :blink:

I wish you all the best for the future and family life Faemus, and I have put in a prayer with the Simugods that your wife may fall in love with HJ too... for your sake! :Ph34r:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back