Introduce yourself thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings all. This is my first post here, found HH from MMORPG.com. My name is Jonathan (Jon) and I'm in the Restaurant business I've been gaming since Pong and on the PC since the Apple IIE. First MMO was Meridian 59.

I've played a ton of MMO's over the years, and beta tested alot I never played on release, and there really hasnt been much progression in then Since EQ. I'm hoping for somethign that gets away from the class/level character progression, grinding, item-whoring, autoatatck/specials combat, massive raid endgame template that everyone seems to follow. HJ, is doing that to some extent, enough to make me very interested. I've been following for a little over a year, but I dont have alot of exp with Simu's MUDDs, so I'm not really expereinced with the company. I like what I have heard though. :D

I'm currently in a clan which is gearing up for recruitment, and our main focus is HJ, aothough we tend to be a eclectic bunch and play other games as well, especially now that it looks to be about a year till release. Nice to meet you guys. :smiley:

Hi all. I'm Dave Dean, a programmer at Simutronics, specializing now mostly in GM tools and the rendering engine. I'm not much involved in the design of HJ, but more so in working with the artists and designers to make their vision come alive.

I've been with Simutronics since 1995, starting as a DragonRealms GM (anyone remember Shalnhh, magic system guru?), getting hired as an onsite GM, and eventually moving up to programmer, since that's where my talents and education lie.

Currently I'm playing WoW as what many would call a "casual" player, though it sure seems to eat a big percentage of my spare time. (Got a retired 50, a 44 main, and various alts.) I've also played CoH, DAoC, and Neocron, and quite a bit of GemStone III and IV.

Hello, names Eric and I'm currently a 25 year old idustrial line worker aspiring to be a writer. Hard to do with all those bills from college though <_<

I've played lots of games ranging back to the 2600 days to today of course. I've played my far share of MMO's longest being Everquest, the latest being DDO which I stopped playing at release for various reasons. My gaming style has recently changed so I can't say how I game today as it's still up in the air but it's leaning toward the more casual side of things. Why rush when you have forever to be entertained?

I'm currently with the Tagnik'Zur guild and have been hanging around them for awhile now. I also post on the MMORPG boards occasionally with the handle Maladak. My posts are usally far and few between on most boards unless properly pestered :D

Hi, I'm also with Tagnik'Zur. I've been a member with that group since Horizons. We have played various games since then, not always the same ones. <_<

But now we are pretty much on the same page, waiting for Hero's Journey.

Wow, the forums are almost becoming too active for me to keep up on. Here I go!!!

Welcome Mendelias, Morneblade, Riot, Ikiru, and Eve! I love seeing new users, and I'm glad you guys have found a new forum, and home to hang out at! I can't wait to see the ideas you guys come up with, and another HJ developer. Wow, thats 9 now on our forums?

Hello! I am Michael, a 24 year old Game Design Major off of a recent switch from Film & Video at Columbia College in Chicago, and a DragonRealms player since its inception (Off and on, especially when they wanted to charge me for it and I was too young to get a job.) I have also played most of the other Simu games but DR was my home, and I still play it.

I have been excited about HJ since I first heard of it like an eternity ago when it was still a concept, but as one with no real love for the talk on certain other Simu boards I have kind of avoided message boards altogether so it took me awhile to get here. Anyhow, I haven't seen that here and Im just as excited about HJ as I ever was. I cant wait to get to know the lot of you, and throw in my two cents if I can get over my fears of being blasted for everything I say.

It's good to finally be here!

Czi

EDIT: Apparently Im not having that problem, you all make very intelligent and rational counterpoints and suggestions! Fantastic!

Hi, my name is Tobias. I'm from Denmark and I'm 21 years old. Currently I'm studying at Roskilde Universitetscenter (University of Roskilde). I've been playing video games since I was 13 I think and recently joined the MMO population when I bought WoW. Since then I've played CoH and DDO.

Hello everybody

I'm falling way too far behind. What a busy weekend.

Welcome Semax, Czidvar, and Daax! I hope you all enjoy your stay at Hero's Hall!

Greetings all,

My RL name is Mark I live in Indy for now. Lets see a little about me. I have played Gemstone for way to long.... (free on aol time) I have tried others but always went back to GS. I liked the way it working and the RP. But as time passes so does my desire for more. I Beta tested DDO for some time and then the pre-release. Well 2 months or so later the character slots that we had are full with capped people and no new content or a level increase to be seen. I remember one day a bout 2 yrs ago that there was talk on the GS fourms about HJ posted some thoughts visited the fourms and now as the time grows close to a release of a new world for SIMU I look forward to help in any way I can

Zyllian

Welcome to the forums Rice Man! I hope you enjoy Hero's Hall as much as I love making it all happen :smiley:

Hey there, been watching this game for a while now just decided to join the forums.

Very excited about the game and i'm hoping this becomes a well known title.

Welcome WonderWhat! And welcome anyone who I missed previously (sorry).

Yo wassap!

So.... yeah. I wondered in here from the Stratics HJ forums, so if anyone asks who I was with, I'm just visiting here, aight?

Peace!

Originally posted by crisisfox@May 19 2006, 08:26 AM
Yo wassap!

So.... yeah. I wondered in here from the Stratics HJ forums, so if anyone asks who I was with, I'm just visiting here, aight?

Peace!
Haha that works... enjoy the forums though, and I hope we can get you to stay here as well as Stratics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back