Invitations sent.

frostydf2

Cadet
Congratulations! Just minutes ago I sent out invitations to ten lucky individuals who are recieving the chance to participate in a HJ MUD hosted by Hero's Hall. In anticipation for Hero's Journey, we've decided it's time to get the ball rolling with your character.

For those of you who are to accept this invite, you will be participating in an epic struggle that occured years before HJ every started. You will face tasks, quests, adventure that leads into the heart of political struggles and struggles for uncompromising wealth. You will find yourself before the images of all shades of emotion, and behold the rise and fall of a empire that will soon after its fall be forgotten and tossed into the way side by the conflicts of the future. Darkness will sweep the lands, and Great Guilds will rise from the amber to tackle such obstacles. We welcome you to the World of Elanthia, and welcome you to become part of its past.

Special Features, the story and the history of HJ will be respected within this MUD, minus a few alterations. Two race options have been added, Kyastrian and Hybrid which later in history become extinct due to some catastrophic event which you as the adventurer will be able to witness. The world's cleansing you will see as the people become centered around there own cultures.

• Expansive adventure awaits those who accept this invite.
  • Extensive character customization, and extensive individuality.
  • Work as a team to accomplish your goals or go solo, your choice.
  • Engulf yourself within the plot and make choices that may make you appear good or evil.
  • Various NPC characters will interact with your character, creating a sub-story for your character alone.
  • Encouraging strong roleplaying abilities, make them as real as you want, from feelings to thoughts.
  • A unique system that uses dice; your actions can give you bonuses within battle!

Follow your fellow forum members journeys here!

* Again, the goal is for entertainment. The story being told is the story of the mind of what may have happend, and what could have. This may not be the story that the game wishes to depict; or wants to depict but again it is one of many probably out there.

dancebu9.gif

This should be a whole lot of fun.
I decided to go for a stealthy, but not at all thief-ish, Ilvari. The kind that can drop you with his bow or magic before you know he's there. Though he has strong morals, so I wouldn't call him an assassin either... he defies traditional class boundaries.

It's most likely because there is one man doing the Environment portion of the game rather than a pre-programmed response. Hopefully the 10 character will be interesting enough to make people happy.

We will be adding more players to the game over time. As Watchmaker stated, this is basically a one man effort running everything. Writing the stories, coming up with outcomes, inter-linking everyone. A huge task, and when more people become trained we will expand. Until then, just hang tight, stay active, and read up on what other people are experiencing. We'll get you in soon enough.

Be expecting more than one season of this as well.

When you said MUD I expected a MUD....but the World of Elanthia in the forums seems to be a PbP thing. I'm thoroughly confused.

frostydf2 said:
We will be adding more players to the game over time. As Watchmaker stated, this is basically a one man effort running everything. Writing the stories, coming up with outcomes, inter-linking everyone. A huge task, and when more people become trained we will expand. Until then, just hang tight, stay active, and read up on what other people are experiencing. We'll get you in soon enough.

Be expecting more than one season of this as well.

Yay! Something else for me to look to :smiley:

Back