Season 2 Jack and Vaughn's Conversation

"Just because you've gotten comfortable with my daughter doesn't mean that you should be comfortable with me.If you don't report your next contact with Syndey immediatley,I will take action which you will regret"

What do you think jack would do to Vaughn? Would he maybe have him transferred?

Another question, Do you think that Jack knows about Syndey and Vaughn's relation ship and if so do you that he approvs of it?

um..yeah...i think the entire CIA knows about Syd and Vaughn (remember Yeager?)
as for whether he approves or not...I would say that he does, he sincerely seems to like Vaughn, Vaughn stands up to him and I think he respects that (In Counteragent he says to Syd that they can't afford to lose Vaughn...)
I wouldn't put much stock in the way jack spoke to him...Jack is obviously not thinking clearly and is so determined a)that he is right and b) not to repeat the same mistake he made with Irina
that he's a bit of a loose canon right now...and you thought Kendall was an ass!! Jack can beat him in that dept. anyday! (but that's why we love him :love: )

Jack was just in a pissy mood. He was mad because Sydney went against his orders. So he was concerned about Sydney, and wasn't thinking of what he had said to Vaughn. He probably didn't mean it though.

I know he should have been nicer to vaughn he's making is daughter happy .. thats what he says he wants for her is to be happy ahhhh he could have been nicer

Vaughn did exactly what Jack ordered him not to do and did Jack do anything about it? Oh, he had Vaughn excort the Caplans . . . I bet Vaughn really regretted that!
:lol:

I think Jack will be nicer to Vaughn -- so long as Vaughn doesn't go behind his back again as he did this time. Vaughn and Sydney both need to learn to listen to Jack. He's a lot more experienced than they are, and his judgment is usually sound.

Sydney needs to listen to Jack, but they need to learn to work together. Had they compromised, Sydney going to get the tracker while Jack satisfied himself that Elsa Caplan could be trusted, Sydney could have had adequate backup and they might have captured Sark. But this way Vaughn gets to play Partner in Crime for Syd.
;)

You're right, VH -- Jack and Sydney were partners at SD-6, but they never really have learned to work together. They get along better than they did, but they need to learn to communicate. If they had, they could have done exactly what you said, and things would have worked out much better. 🐈

despite the fact that jack was really mean to the poor babe i really dont think that jack would have vaughn transferred..he wants syd to be happy and trust him i think. if vaughn had to leave jack would end up with one pissed off kid and cia chick around the rotunda!>=)

ya think that jack was in a bad mood but he knows that syd loves him so i don't think he wouldn't do anything to vaughn. Plus i think that jack respects vaughn so he does like him i think

lauren vartan

I don't know but really, what could Jack do transfer him because he was trying to help his daughter and in the long run save her life. Or is it because Jack is Sydney's father and has known her all her life and yet Vaughn has known her a shorter time and knows her better. Or maybe just because Vaughn was right and Jack wasn't? Which ever way Jack has no REAL reason to move VAughn and will totally have a hard time explaining it to Kendall or whoever. I think that Jack is just afraid of Vaughn taking over his job and his daughter. lol

I think that Jack handled the situation pretty well, asserting his authority in a way that cuts Sydney and Vaughn a little slack because they're not really used to actually reporting to him as their boss yet. Kendall would probably have had them demoted or court-martialed or something for defying him like that (or he would have tried, anyway). I don't think that Jack will have too many problems with them from now on. He is a lot more experienced than they are, and they need to learn to listen to him. :clover:

:( Poor Vaughn. I think he's being set up for the end of the season finale. I mean I think we're going to see some sort of break between the two, because Sydney is somewhat like her father...a loose canon when she gets her mind in a set mode. She was going to Russia/Spain no matter what!
Besides it's standard op: boy gets girl, boy loses girl, etc. etc.
I did love the "comfortable bit" and I imagine every Dad who watched the show picked up that sentence for future reference.
Of course he did punish him a teeny bit, sending him up to Washington with the Caplans.

Ophelia Posted on Apr 3 2003, 02:20 PM
I think Jack will be nicer to Vaughn -- so long as Vaughn doesn't go behind his back again as he did this time. Vaughn and Sydney both need to learn to listen to Jack. He's a lot more experienced than they are, and his judgment is usually sound.
Except where Irina is concerned.

Think about it, if you found out Vaughn was in your daughter's pants, how would you react?

I would be pretty darn protective, even if the guy was as hot as Vaughn!

Back