Season 3 Jack Rocks!!

SyDney6

Cadet
Jack Rocks!!! Scaring sloane like that was the best thing he ever did!! Besisdes shocking that other guy with the difibulator. Gosh that was good. I can't belive this episode was this good. What's everyone else's opinion? :angelic:

This was a great episode for showcasing Jack. Possibly the best this season.

I keep thinking how fascinating Jack's relationship is going to be with Nadia. (Okay, we all know about her now, I'm assuming her name isn't a huge spoiler. It's just a name.) But anyway - Will he really try to hurt her like he told Sloane? Is he capable of that? Will he see Irina in her? (Ew, I hope not in *that* way - She is 6 years younger than Syd after all.) Will he start to see her as a daughter, since she's Sydney's sister? Will Sydney and Jack's relationship become strained over Nadia the same way it did with Irina? It's going to be so cool!!!!!

I don't care what anyone says about it being a "jump the shark" moment or a "soap opera" plot - I think the introduction of this new character has the potential to revitalize the show and make all the old relationships even more complex and fascinating! :woot:

i'm guessing there'll be some animosity...after all she IS the product of an affair- his traiterous wife, and his former co-worker turned evil......

p.s. is it bad that i actually cried when sloane died? i mean it was only a few tears, but still.....sneaky, sneaky Jack

:redhair:

well, sloanes speech was good...but i def wasnt gonna cry for him...nadia and jack, hmmm that could get interesting...

If Irina was pregnant during her marriage with Jack, how did she hide it? Was jack away from her for the nine months?

ererer said:
If Irina was pregnant during her marriage with Jack, how did she hide it? Was jack away from her for the nine months?
I think she was pregnant when she went off the bridge. Because Sloane was betrayed too - He never even knew she'd had a baby. (So he says, anyway.)

Azalea said:
ererer said:
I think she was pregnant when she went off the bridge. Because Sloane was betrayed too - He never even knew she'd had a baby. (So he says, anyway.)
yep thats what i think too... sloane never specified when he had the affair, or that he thought syd was his daughter, bartnett filled that in

i think he "might" have been having an on again off again relationship with Irina before syd was even born. he might have thought he could have been syd's father before the monk's revelation at the end of season 2 which would explain his fatherly tendre for her all these years, but then again it's sloane. As fo Jack, wow, amazing as well. Jack and Sloane do not get enough air time cuz when they do episodes like these are made, it was gripping, end of seat exciting through all their scenes. :D :D :D

There is an article in The Canberra Times TV Guide this week saying how cool Jack is!
It says he, "pulls off the remarkable feat of making a seemingly dour, humourless company man one of the coolest characters on TV.....breaks the rules as if they inconvenience him and generally stalks around like a chap who wakes up on the wrong side of the bed every day of his life. I want to be him when I grow up."
It also has Alias as one of the picks of the day (like it does every second week!)

SiriCerasi said:
Azalea said:
ererer said:
yep thats what i think too... sloane never specified when he had the affair, or that he thought syd was his daughter, bartnett filled that in
so, it might be that after all, Irina left Jack, because of that ... but only to protect this child ... ;)

in this episode i was totally amazed at how jack could lie to sydney - when he denied knwoing how to get sloane off the hook etc - i couldn't believe he looked her in the eye and lied- i was like "Jack - u bastard!"
and then syd tricked him - cool - and he agreed BUT then the execution went ahead and i couldnt believe he betaryed his daughter - well turns out he didnt i gues but man he had me believing he was a nasty SOB again!!!!!!!!!!!

i think the intereaction with the passenger is gonna be real interesting. i love how this ties together the relationship jack n syd have with sloane too - all very clever plot lines - and a new sister for syd - maybe she will get the friend she so desperately needs. i can't wait to see jacks reaction to the passenger - surely he will see her as the embodyment of his wifes affair?? and therefore be bitter towards her?? i am also interested to see how he is gonna tell syd sloane ain't dead - should be a good father daughter moment.

jack is so great - its like old alias when he is so involved in things - loving it!!!

jems said:
in this episode i was totally amazed at how jack could lie to sydney - when he denied knwoing how to get sloane off the hook etc - i couldn't believe he looked her in the eye and lied- i was like "Jack - u bastard!"
and then syd tricked him - cool - and he agreed BUT then the execution went ahead and i couldnt believe he betaryed his daughter - well turns out he didnt i gues but man he had me believing he was a nasty SOB again!!!!!!!!!!!
He couldn't tell her what he had done there even if she had given him a chance. Maybe now she should learn to trust him a little more? ;)

i think the intereaction with the passenger is gonna be real interesting.  i love how this ties together the relationship jack n syd have with sloane too - all very clever plot lines - and a new sister for syd - maybe she will get the friend she so desperately needs.  i can't wait to see jacks reaction to the passenger - surely he will see her as the embodyment of his wifes affair??  and therefore be bitter towards her??  i am also interested to see how he is gonna tell syd sloane ain't dead - should be a good father daughter moment.
This is what Alias has been missing, evidence of the deeper characters and storylines that we've missed. For the better part of the first half of the season we had to beat our heads against a logjam in a single storyline (Sydney/Vaughn) and examine a character who turned out to have very little depth and isn't getting a whole lot deeper (Lauren). Raining after too long a drought . . . why couldn't they have started giving more time to these storylines sooner?

dreamlancer said:
Jack is my favorite character since season 1.
And mine since his first speech. It was obvious that he would be a fascinating man to get to know. :D

ererer said:
Well, obviously, that's why she left.

Alias_Gay said:
so, it might be that after all, Irina left Jack, because of that ... but only to protect this child ...
Or something. Remember, that the contents of Lot 45 is still involved, and both Irina AND Sloane are connected to that box.

Azalea said:
I don't care what anyone says about it being a "jump the shark" moment or a "soap opera" plot - I think the introduction of this new character has the potential to revitalize the show and make all the old relationships even more complex and fascinating!
What, the resurrection of Sloane (we've already seen something like that) or the entirely-believable existence of the sister? We already know that Alias is part well-written soap opera (except, perhaps, for Lauren, sorry, I won't allow them to forget that until next year or her expiration date, whichever comes later). As far as "jump the shark" moments, Alias is the sort of series that thrives on the sort of out-there ideas that would kill off an ordinary show. I mean really? Machines that duplicate people down to their bone structure, fingerprints, & DNA (even scars and breaks?)? Machines that tell the future and write it on parchment? "Medications" that cause people to heal from nearly fatal wounds to near-superhuman strength in minutes? Please! I'm trying to think of something that would cause this show to jump--well, maybe if Sydney actually did turn out to be Sloane's daughter . . . :lol:

But if any of this translates into more time for Sydney, Jack, and Sloane, more power to it!
;) ✌️

Yes definitely...more airtime with Syd, Jack and Sloane! I look foward to seeing SpySis...even though who I'd really like to see on back on the show is Irina *sigh*...there is still hope that she may be the one to answer the questions.

My heart went out to Jack in this eppy though. He looked really hurt when he found out about the affair.

When Sydney pulled a fast one of Jack...I was like "You go girl!"
Syd's gotta realize that Jack does what he does for a reason and most of the time its for her own good.

I like Sloane's character...he's so multi-dimentional and believable...unlike *coughcoughLaurencoughcough*...sorry choked on something. LOL. But I can't wait till *coughcoughLaurencoughcough* finally goes to a recurring role.

Why did they wait so long to have a good storyline such as this?

ALiAs_AgEnT_423 said:
But I can't wait till *coughcoughLaurencoughcough* finally goes to a recurring role.
Or maybe gets excised completely? (Well, I can hope . . . we do have an addition!)
;)

verdantheart said:
ALiAs_AgEnT_423 said:
But I can't wait till *coughcoughLaurencoughcough* finally goes to a recurring role.
Or maybe gets excised completely? (Well, I can hope . . . we do have an addition!)
;)
That would be so much better than a recurring role. Who knows we might get lucky!

Back