Season 5 JJ addresses rumors

Contracts won't be up this season. Jen's contract is up to 2008 and MV's is up to 2007.
Yes, you are absolutely right. However, hasn't there been rumor that JG wants out of her contract, not to mention all the rumors of MV leaving? I suppose it's possible that they could wiggle out of them if they wanted to. With all the rumors flying around, there may be some element of truth to them. :(

I too believe we have an issue of contracts being up soon - which is probably why they are suddenly introducing all these new characters. If they want to start a 'next gen' or spin off or something they should wait until this Alias with these character is finished. Just my opinion, though.

Secondly, when I spoke of character assasination, I was talking (primarily) about the Vaughn we saw at the end of the 3rd season reacting to Lauren's betrayal. Like when he burned Suit and Glasses with the acid and kidnapped Lauren to torture and 'erase' her. To me that just didn't jive with the man we all knew up to that point. Does a person change under those dire circumstances? Yes, of course. But to that degree? I think the correct answer to that is 'no'... but maybe that is just me.

i doubt they'll continue Alias without Jen, even if the new agents are good, i highly doubt the show can survive without the main star, Jen is like the glue that holds the show together, without, it'll fall apart

besides, ABC did say they were 80% sure this is the last season. I really hope it won't be, i'm not ready for that!

I too believe we have an issue of contracts being up soon - which is probably why they are suddenly introducing all these new characters. If they want to start a 'next gen' or spin off or something they should wait until this Alias with these character is finished. Just my opinion, though.

Secondly, when I spoke of character assasination, I was talking (primarily) about the Vaughn we saw at the end of the 3rd season reacting to Lauren's betrayal. Like when he burned Suit and Glasses with the acid and kidnapped Lauren to torture and 'erase' her. To me that just didn't jive with the man we all knew up to that point. Does a person change under those dire circumstances? Yes, of course. But to that degree? I think the correct answer to that is 'no'... but maybe that is just me.

Personally, I loved angry, vengeful Vaughn :woot:

Personally, I loved angry, vengeful Vaughn :woot:

hehe....i loved angry vaughn too...especially when he was torturing lauren...or at least trying too....i loved the line

"I hate you but i love sydney more, thats the only reason you're not dying tonight!" awwwww....

oh and why isnt anyone talking about the ellen alias preview! thats was awesome!

Gabby

Well either they are messing with us, or they aren't. If he's not really dead, or if he's not really gone for the better part of the year, this is the biggest not such a secret secret EVER! B/C most people think he is gone for good. I mean, assuming they are able to film a few scenes with him in each episode, perhaps after he is gone for a few episodes, well that would be a certified coo.

MV is in a new movie coming out very soon. Which tells me he may be limited in the first few episodes for because of reshoots, promotions and such. The car accident thing fits in to the timing of that. He'll be back full time after that. That is just my assumption though.

MV is in a new movie coming out very soon. Which tells me he may be limited in the first few episodes for because of reshoots, promotions and such. The car accident thing fits in to the timing of that. He'll be back full time after that. That is just my assumption though.
What movie is that?

Wow!

I'm hoping that JJ would be nice and keep MV on :D But it wouldn't be that much of a change if we were without Vaughn for a couple of episodes. I mean, S4 there was that patch where he had only a couple of scenes and no S/V togetherness?

And i just wanted to say how i was a little dissapointed with Season four. I've found myself going to bed or watching something else because the episode seems pointless!

Anyways, I'm praying to the Alias gods that JJ, ABC dudes and Bad Robot do actually listen to what the fans want (wishful thinking, i know)

:smiley: G.

I'll watch the show if he's on it, and if it appears that he's not really dead... otherwise, I'm out. I refuse to watch the sad demise of one of my favorite characters on my favorite show. But I do trust Mr. Abrams as the creator to watch first and see where this thing is headed. If there are clues I'll find them...

I agree. I have a level of trust in the writers not to simply hack off one of the most exciting and intrigul characters on the show. I don't think that their would be soooo much secrecy if they had gotten rid of him in some harsh fashion. Everyone says that JG had him thrown off the show, I don't see that happening without their being more real discussion of it. MV sounds like he still likes Alias and ABC. His attitude is not that of a man who's exgirlfriend just had him fired.

I also agree that if he is on the show I will watch. If it looks like he is not dead I will watch. But kill him off for real and forget it...I'm out!

wait wait wait wait wait!!! hold up! is vaughn coming back! my baby's coming back?!!?!?! omg is this true! i really really really hope it is.. if JJ is messing with us WOW! i'm going to go into depression if this is not true! alias isn't alias without Vaughn!

Well it looks like good old JJ has joined the ranks of the two faced monkeys and is both lying to us and jerking us around. If ABC is now "trying" to bring MV back for a few episodes, that means they did not originally plan to bring him back, which means that all of the clues etc were just carefully planted to keep us watching. Who cares if it is all for nothing. As long as we tune in like idiots they can keep stringing us along. Sorry, but no.

But you know what really really sucks about this? There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for MV or Vaughn to leave! . . . . It just doesn't make sense, not for storyline purposes, and certainly not for ratings purposes.

Absolutely true. Unfortunately I feel like it's not the first time J.J. Abrams has pulled something really stupid in connection to Alias. I love the characters, and individual episodes are almost always entertaining, but I'm a person that really digs overall story arcs, and in that regard JJ's show has been extremely uneven. That makes me feel like Vaughn is definitely gone for good.

Well it looks like good old JJ has joined the ranks of the two faced monkeys and is both lying to us and jerking us around. If ABC is now "trying" to bring MV back for a few episodes, that means they did not originally plan to bring him back, which means that all of the clues etc were just carefully planted to keep us watching. Who cares if it is all for nothing. As long as we tune in like idiots they can keep stringing us along. Sorry, but no.

Good point, only further demonstrating that JJ is really clueless when it comes to making a good overall story arc. FOr example, the season 2 cliffhanger - Syd being presumed dead for two years. Was there any compelling reason for that in the overall story arc? NO. It was just a really lame way of keeping that S/V romantic tension in the air. I feel like killing Vaughn is the same sort of pointless story twist. IT's like the causation should go the other way: when you set up a show that is claiming to have an overall story arc, you should know where you want that arc to go ultimately, and fit in your twists to further that story in unique and creative ways. You don't make a twist and then try to fit everything around it.

If they had given us some convincing reason why it was necessary to the story arc for Syd to be missing for two years I might take hope when JJ talks about having this season more planned out than any season prior. But considering the lack of planning that's been evident in prior seasons, it wouldn't take much to be an improvement - and that doesn't necessarily mean that "improved" will be good.

*sigh* such great characters and such great action - why do they have to frustrate us w/ these pointlessly meandering plot lines??

QUOTE(ipopy @ Sep 25 2005, 05:31 AM)

But you know what really really sucks about this? There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for MV or Vaughn to leave! . . . . It just doesn't make sense, not for storyline purposes, and certainly not for ratings purposes.

Absolutely true. Unfortunately I feel like it's not the first time J.J. Abrams has pulled something really stupid in connection to Alias. I love the characters, and individual episodes are almost always entertaining, but I'm a person that really digs overall story arcs, and in that regard JJ's show has been extremely uneven. That makes me feel like Vaughn is definitely gone for good.

QUOTE(spydancer @ Oct 1 2005, 11:47 AM)

Good point, only further demonstrating that JJ is really clueless when it comes to making a good overall story arc. FOr example, the season 2 cliffhanger - Syd being presumed dead for two years. Was there any compelling reason for that in the overall story arc? NO. It was just a really lame way of keeping that S/V romantic tension in the air. I feel like killing Vaughn is the same sort of pointless story twist. IT's like the causation should go the other way: when you set up a show that is claiming to have an overall story arc, you should know where you want that arc to go ultimately, and fit in your twists to further that story in unique and creative ways. You don't make a twist and then try to fit everything around it.

If they had given us some convincing reason why it was necessary to the story arc for Syd to be missing for two years I might take hope when JJ talks about having this season more planned out than any season prior. But considering the lack of planning that's been evident in prior seasons, it wouldn't take much to be an improvement - and that doesn't necessarily mean that "improved" will be good.

*sigh* such great characters and such great action - why do they have to frustrate us w/ these pointlessly meandering plot lines??

Ditto! I don't think for a second that MV will be back on the set of Alias. If they bring him back its only going to be for the last episode or 2 and I thing this will be done to only if rating fall below what TPTB want. JJ is full of felgercarb!

Back