Jobs

I have two jobs because school isn't cheap and I don't want to worry about a job while I worry about my classes. So, during the day I work at a day care taking care of the babies. Most of the time it's great, the kids always make me laugh, and they are way cute. But they do cry, you have to change diapers, and just when you think you've got all of them changed, someone will come up to you with a little surprise! Overall it's not bad job, but I've seriously reconsidered how many children I want to have. Then I also work at a restaurant as a server. I've worked there on and off for four and a half years. I guess going to college in a different state doesn't really make commuting an option. It's an awesome job though! There are good and bad things about it. The bad things include anything from angry customers complaining to you about things you can't control, to you busting your butt for a table only to find they conveniently forgot to leave a tip . . . and so do your next five tables (grrr). It's good too because I've meet some very interesting people, we get discount prices, most of my co-workers are great, and I make a lot of money without working a ton of hours!!! If you want to make good money, get a job as a server.

I know this probably sounds stupid, but I work in the watch repair section of The Bay (big department store in Canada). I love it though because I get paid 8 bucks an hour to basically sit and read a book. I work the night shift, so there's hardly ever anyone in the store. It's great. Especially during the school year because then I can get a lot of homework done.

I currently work for a Dutch magazine were people can tell their stories.
If they have problems they can ask me.
One other person and me give advice for all kinds of things.
I don't have to leave my home i just email the awnsers.
I also write my own book right now which should be done at the end of the year.

You guys all have sweet jobs! There's supposedly a job at the library in the next town that pays $7.50 an hour, and the library here only pays $3.50. Anybody got any suggestions on how I could get them to hire a 13-year-old?

Patomac said:
You guys all have sweet jobs! There's supposedly a job at the library in the next town that pays $7.50 an hour, and the library here only pays $3.50. Anybody got any suggestions on how I could get them to hire a 13-year-old?
Ask, :lol: , sorry jk, erm.... good impression is always good!

I work at this place called Athlete's Choice...it's awesome because I get to wear warm ups and sweatpants to work everyday because that's what we sell lol...its awesome...they pay really well too...9 bucks an hour...i think its good lol...I work mon-thurs. 4 pm - 9pm (closing time) I love it lol...it's a fun job...but then I have volleyball everyday from 10 am - 2 pm, so I don't have much free time anymore :P

Last summer I worked at Arby's and this old lady comes up places her order then asks for the senior citizen discount...I decided to flatter her and I said "You don't look 65...I'll have to check your ID" So she goes "I don't have any ID, but will this do?" So she pulls out her teeth and sets them on the table!! :lol: They had all this spit on them and everything it was disgusting! lol...old people...HAH!...

SydB_JenG said:
Last summer I worked at Arby's and this old lady comes up places her order then asks for the senior citizen discount...I decided to flatter her and I said "You don't look 65...I'll have to check your ID" So she goes "I don't have any ID, but will this do?" So she pulls out her teeth and sets them on the table!! :lol: They had all this spit on them and everything it was disgusting! lol...old people...HAH!...
What's Arby's?

Ha Ha, you gotta love the old folks, sounds like something my nan would do! ^_^

Ah, UK here so that's why I never heard of it. I have gone totally of McDonalds, although I never really go anyway, cos there was a story about some girl and what happened after she ate something, it is soooooooooo disgusting. :blink:

I hate working at a fast food restuarant. I've had about 4 years experience working with my family. We owned a couple of restuarants back in the ole days...

I don't think I can post it, it's just yuck x 10. I couldn't work with food.

SydB_JenG said:
Oh PLEEEEEEASE!
It's not just digusting, it's well....disgusting as in rude. It happened to a friend of a friend, and it was in the local paper.

Back