~Joe's Bar & Grill~

What a wonderful chapter! Little Dylan is here safe and sound. I am so glad. Loved Jack's parenting advice to Michael at the nursey window. Good advice.
Thanks for the PM

That was GREAT! I absolutely love this story...and...just...I'm glad that Vaughn is somewhat better now....emotionally, I mean. Can't wait for the next update to see how Syd and Vaughn act around Dylan....

Thanks for the PM!

ThanK you so much for the update!
I think this is one of the best fanfiction ever!
read how many people have read it!
It' amazing!!!!
Thank you again!

Jack smiles softly and looks at his son-in-law.

“Just one piece of advice for now. Don’t ever miss the key moments of him growing up. Because what he experiences, you gain from. You’ll grow as a father until the day you die. And when you are gone, all he’s going to have left are those memories.” Jack gives Michael a pat on the back before letting his eyes fall on his grandson one more time. He then turns on his heels and walks away, leaving Vaughn standing by himself. The words of experience spoken by Jack Bristow ringing in his head over and over again.

But he already promised himself, he’d never miss a moment, but if he did for some unearthly reason, he’d make up for it. He knew that being a good father would slowly start to heal the void his father left in his own heart. The betrayal, the anguish, the pain of realizing that his father didn’t love him like a father is supposed to love a son.

“Sleep tight little guy.” He kisses his index finger and presses it against the glass very softly. “Daddy loves you.”

*whispers* Oh hell, we all love you already... 😌

*pokes the glass*

Gawwww, cuteness... Even Jack thinks Dylan's cute. :love:

I have to give it to you though, you're fantastic at writing the whole getting married and then having a kid thing... It's been written a million times over by now, yet you still manage to make it feel special. :smiley:

I love the update, and baby Dylan! ^_^

Cai
x

Aww! That is so sweet! That is my brother's name, spelled the same way too! I'm glad that the baby and Syd are okay. Vaughn's gonna be a great father!

Great chapter!

Megan

A/N: Alright, so i'm fully aware and able to admit that i am, by far, the worst updater EVER. I apoligize for that, and in advance if i ever fall off the writing train again. Unfortunetly, i've been busy with work, and yes, it is an excuse, but it's true. Last night was the only day i've had off since...last Thursday i think. Don't worry though, i'm in the process of quiting, so hopefully i'll find a job that allows me the time to keep writing this fic. Again, i apoligize, and not just for this fic, but for the others as well. *sighs* I know, it's so sad. Anyway, enjoy this chapter, if you still read this fic. It's ancient, i know.

~~~~~~

~Part 130~
~Sins of the Father~

The pad of his thumb softly strokes the thin hair on his sons head. Lulling him back to sleep after needing attention in the middle of the night. He’d been more helpful than most husbands in their current situation. Waking up to the crying was something he didn’t groan or roll his eyes at. It wasn’t something he pretended to sleep through so he wouldn’t have to get out of bed.

It had been exactly six weeks since Sydney had given birth to their first child. For six weeks he’s been nothing but hands-on. Always helping his wife with the changing of the diapers, no matter how disgusting, and always making sure she got atleast an hour to herself each day, letting her take bubble baths in peace while he watched over their newborn at night, letting him sleep against his chest as he watched baseball highlights on ESPN.

She teases him about being too motherly, about being to protective. But he knows she likes it. She won’t admit it to him, but behind his back she tells those closest how amazing of a father he has turned out to be, how grateful he is for a new opportunity.

“Something changed that day.” He says very softly, his voice grumbling with tiredness.

Her presence is very much noticed by him as he sits in the rocker near the crib; his son rested up against his chest, sleeping to the sound of his strong and steady heartbeat.

“You once told me how hard you struggled to get a part in a half-ass play in New York years ago when you first started out in the business. How not getting it made you feel worthless and out of play. And then, all of a sudden, you get your foot in the door and someone gives you a chance. You said you felt alive again, you felt like you were given a second chance and it changed you.”

His lips find the top of his sons head and he lingers for a moment before softly pulling back.

“The moment I laid eyes on him, when I realized all of this was real, I changed. I...felt like I was being given a second chance even though it’s really the first. That I have a chance to be something my father never was.”

He stands up from the chair and carefully stands over the crib, whispering and I love you to his baby boy before gently lying him in his crib and covering him in his tiny blanket to keep him warm.

“I feel like I’ve been given a clean slate. Like everything bad that’s happened in the past doesn’t matter much anymore because it’s being blurred out by all the new things I know I’m going to experience with you while we raise him together. I’m not scared too wake up to tomorrow anymore.”

It’s bluntly obvious that Michael Vaughn has every intention of protecting his child from all the pain and anguish he went through when he was younger. No human being should be put through the emotional torture he’s been through.

A few moments later they’re in the hallway as Vaughn closes the door very silently.

“Emma called earlier while you were at the store.” She tells him to his back. He turns around and looks at her.

“Did she tell you anything?” He asks.

“Of course not.” She says with a slightly bitter tone.

“Sydney….”

“I don’t understand why the two of you are keeping me in the dark about this. I’m your wife Michael, I deserve to know what’s going on.”

He sighs. “It’s more complicated than that.” He tells her softly.

“How exactly?”

“Because, the more you know the less safe you are.” He says. “I don’t want you to have to worry about it.”

“Why don’t you let me take care of my god dammed self. Stop protecting me, Michael. You may feel like you need revenge, but they almost took you away from me too. I’m just vengeful as you. You don’t think that every time I see those scars on your chest I wonder who could have tried to do such a sick thing to us?”

“I’m tired of this.” She says as tears fill her eyes. “I feel like I have to always look behind me when I’m out with Dylan by myself.”

“I’m trying to fix it, Sydney. I’m trying.”

She steps into his arms and buries her face into his warm chest, letting her fears wash away on him and helping her clear her mind.

“I don’t want anything to happen to the two of you.” She tells him. “I don’t want to lose you again, and I feel like I will because this will never stop until someone’s paid for it in blood.”

He knows she’s right. But people have already paid with blood, and it hasn’t stopped yet. He knows in order to destroy the problem completely, he has to go to the man that started it all.

“Come on, I want to show you something.” He says softly as he takes her hand and leads her down to the end of the hallway, where his office now is. He brings her inside and lets go of her hand briefly as he fishes for something on top of one of the cabinets. It’s not a large piece of paper, just a single sheet with small groupings of circles drawn out in black ink.

“I was first shown this map when Emma rescued me from execution in Korea. Before I came back to you.” He crosses his arms as his wife studies the layout. “All those circles are individuals that know about Project Pandora, that have a hand in it; whether it be funding or planning.”

He rolls out another sheet, this time, red X’s cross out more than half of the circles.

“I told you before, that I once killed a woman.” He bites the inside of his cheek for a moment. The silence causes Sydney to look up.

“She’s one of many.” He tells her softly.

“Vaughn…you killed all these people?”

“They were bad people, and while that doesn’t justify my actions or take away my sins, it’s the only thing keeping you safe.”

“Michael…” The sheet drops out of her hands and glides to the floor, the corner bending as it falls limply. Sydney steps forward into her husbands arms and isn’t sure if she’s holding him or vice versa.

“I should have never started this…” He says softly as he wraps his arms around her tightly and strokes her hair. “I’m so sorry, Sydney.”

In her heart, she knows, despite the fact that his hands are invisibly tainted with the blood of others, he is pure in intention. He was thrown into a life that could have been handed to anyone, and he lives with it the best he can.

She pulls away slightly and kisses his lips, causing their minds to fall blank for just a moment.

“You’re a good father, Michael.” She breathes against his cheek as she whispers in his ear. “And the most amazing husband.”

He pushes her back against the desk lightly, but enough to cause her to groan softly as he steps between her legs and buries his face in her neck slightly. He breaths deeply and lets out a held in sigh before she sneaks her hands up his bare chest, running under the oxford he had plucked off the chair near the bed when Dylan started crying. She slips it slowly off of his muscled shoulders and it bunches around his upper arms.

She lets her head falls back slightly, exposing her throat to him, which he follows with a trail of kisses, causing her to grab his hand and entwine their fingers together on the desk resting near her thigh.

Their heated actions are interrupted once again as the floor squeeks near the doorway. Sydney tilts her head to the side and sees Jenna standing there with a blank and interested expersion on her face.

“Vaughn…”

Michael doesn’t reply.

“Michael…” Sydney pushes at his chest slightly, which causes him to pull back and follow her gaze to the doorway.

“Oh shi*.” He curses under his breath. He clears his throat and pulls his shirt back over his tanned shoulders. “Jenna, sweetie, what are you doing up?”

“I heard talking in the hallway…” Her eyes dart between her brother and her sister-in-law.

Sydney pretends to fix the pens that are in the utensil holder near her husbands laptop. Biting her lip to stop from laughing at the awful situation.

“Are you guys trying to make another baby?”

As much as he fights it, Michaels lips pull up into a smile as he see’s Sydney’s shoulders start to shake, a sign of stifled laughter.

“Sweetheart, we were just talking.” He says as he walks over to her sister and leads her out by the shoulder.

“Nu-uh! You were having s-e-x.” She says the last three letters in a whisper, as if it’s a bad word.

“No, we were kissing, that’s all. That’s how married people show eachother they love one another.” He pulls back the covers on her bed and lifts her in. “Now go back to sleep, princess.” He plants a kiss in her messy bed hair and strokes her cheek lightly for a moment before getting up and heading to the doorway.

“Michael?” Jenna’s voice stops him in the doorway and he looks into the dark room.

“Hm?”

“I love you.” She pulls her blanket up to her chest and clutches it.

“I love you too, Jen. Sleep tight. See you in the morning.” He sends her a warm smile before closing her door and making his way back down to the office. He finds his desk empty, his wife no longer waiting for him. He sighs and closes the door before walking back to their bedroom. The sight of her sleeping in their bed disappoints him, but also makes him smile, knowing all he has at the moment are in three different rooms, so very close to him.

He sighs softly as he takes off his oxford and slips back under the covers after turning the lights off in the room. Just as his breathing evens out and his eyes get heavy, he feels a light touch against his stomach.

His breath hitches.

“Didn’t think you were going to get away that easy did you?”

And he smiles through the darkness.

:Ph34r:

That ending....that chapter.

I don't think it can be said enough how amazing and consistant your writing is. Every chapter unbelievable with the perfect mix of love, mystery, suspense, and humor. You work it all in, perfectly, and your voice shines through. You make writing seems effortless.

Sorry your job is taking up so much time :( But thank you for finding a few minutes to update! It's very much apprectiated; especially right now. :smiley:

Your 🐒,
Riley.

Perfect!

How is it that Jenna always catches them? LOL

Loved it. :D

I saw an interview before with a celeb. And she talked about how her and her husband never had any "Personal" time together because the kids always somehow knew what was going on in their parents room even when they were as quiet as possible. lol. I just thought it was funny. They're sex-detectors.

Back