Looking fer a guild!

There are guild doing recruiting, however, since the game is not out yet, it's kind of hard to form guilds, and maintain members/memberlists. Some folks are not certain if or when they'll bring their guilds to Hero's Journey (such as myself and my two guilds).

Look around, there are a few posts regarding folks planning on setting up and bringing their guilds to HJ :smiley:

Shameless plug: You know you want to join Runs with Scissors! Nothing like having "John Doe <Runs with Scissors>" :smiley:

TCO is recruiting for our HJ group but as Jaraeth has said, there isn't much to do yet without a game :smiley:

On an unrelated note.. I love Naeya's signature, it's pretty :smiley:

It's a good sig that keeps that hand drawn look. I like simple! The simpler something can be while keeping someone interested, the better. Order of the Stick proves this well.

As for guilds.. Maybe you should tell us all what you're looking for in a guild, Evenvarg! Big, small? Short, tall? RP, PvP? Adkins or Soy bean?

Mmm, beans...

Anyway, yeah. I'm not in a guild, and I'm not looking for a guild. D'ja know why? 'Cause people think I'm either annoying or downright mean. Gee, I dunno what could've given them that idea... :P

Basically, though, I'd suggest getting to know people, and letting people get to know you, before you made any attempts at joining a guild. Just 'cause, you know, you might find out that someone with whom you initially thought you were fairly compatible just isn't who you thought they were. Or, worse yet, they're a bona fide, cowboy hat wearing, Country music listening, your nuts kicking jackass. And, ya know, that's never good. :P

Basically, though, I'd suggest getting to know people, and letting people get to know you, before you made any attempts at joining a guild. Just 'cause, you know, you might find out that someone with whom you initially thought you were fairly compatible just isn't who you thought they were. Or, worse yet, they're a bona fide, cowboy hat wearing, Country music listening, your nuts kicking jackass. And, ya know, that's never good. :P

Well, in a roundabout way, Kuzzle makes a great point. Don't join a guild for the sake of "Hey, I'm here, and need a guild." Join them because you like what they stand for, and above all, you get along with the people in it. I've seen guilds big and small fracture way too easily because they'll let the first person in who says "i'll join" without knowing what they're like. It can get awful messy...a lesson learned for me back when I headed a guild on Dark Age of Camelot.

I'm always very hesitant to join guilds, even when I really, really like the people and the guild. I always wait a few days, attend a meeting as a guest, that sort of thing. As such, I've never been in a bad guild, and never left a guild I've been in without actually quitting whatever game my guild was in.

~Dune Walker~

I'm always very hesitant to join guilds, even when I really, really like the people and the guild. I always wait a few days, attend a meeting as a guest, that sort of thing. As such, I've never been in a bad guild, and never left a guild I've been in without actually quitting whatever game my guild was in.

~Dune Walker~

That would be me as well. When this thing starts up we should be on the same server. Would be most amusing me thinks.

I definately think most of the people on this site would be fabulous folks to guild with. All that's left is for the game to come out. *grins*

~Dune Walker~

Wait, there are other Hero's Journey fansites out there? Like, on the intarwebs? OMG!

Later skaters!

*dashes off for the first skanky PHP that will bed him*

*returns broken hearted, addicted to mana crystals, and begging for forgiveness*

~Dune Walker~

Back