Michael Vartan at the 2006 Australian Open

[oops, sorry 🍅 double posting!]

screencaps are up at the VartanHos :D here
and this one posted at sd-1 :read: (thanks to redhat)...
...High time for celebrity spotting

The network also missed out on an excellent promotional opportunity on Wednesday. Having cut to shots of Lleyton Hewitt's Seven-endorsed wife, Bec Cartwright, during his matches, they didn't really point out the presence in the crowd of American actor Michael Vartan, who stars in one of Seven's shows, Alias.

Vartan, who certainly makes for better male celebrity eye candy than famous tennis fan Cliff Richard, is expected to be back over the weekend, although he won't be watching Maria Sharapova, who towered over him on the red carpet at the ESPY awards in Hollywood last year (below). In an early glimpse of how the Seven-Ten might operate after clinching the AFL rights, we saw Ten's Australian Idol winner, Kate DeAraugo, brought on yesterday afternoon to sing the national anthem on centre court.
article :cool: here

OMG, that is soo cool but when i was watching it on the TV i must have missed him :( i had just come out of the shower and my mum said guess whos at the tennis and im like who and she just casually says to me Michael Vartan. I practically squel and jump up and down, then i started watching the tennis but i didnt get to see him :(

your clip will probably make it all better though :smiley:

-Luv Em

this was posted at the FGA thread :read: thanks to Luce...
Michael was at the Women's Single's Final between Justine Henin-Hardenne and Amelie Mauresmo. They had the camera on him for about 20 seconds, the Australian commentator pronounced his name wrong, as usual! He was wearing a blue collared polo, which I haden't seen before, so it might be new. But check your guides, it might get replayed in the US.

and from the :cool: VartanHos...
Saturday, January 28, 2006

.....Speaking of the Australian Open, Vik from Melbourne, Vartan Ho #4034, let us know that Michael was at the women's final last night. He was shown on the Australian broadcast, and looked "delicious as ever wearing a dark blue shirt." It was a short match, as Henin-Hardenne got sick and had to retire, and Michael unfortunately wasn't shown on the ESPN2 coverage here in the U.S. In case he also attends the men's final, we wanted to let you know that it will be shown live on ESPN2 at 3:30 a.m. EST (yep, that's right, a.m.) on Sunday. It will be repeated Sunday at noon EST.....

adding this :cool: from the VartanHos...
Monday, January 30, 2006

Pic proof from women's final
We've finally been able to unearth a pic of Michael at the Australian Open women's final, thanks to the nice people at the Herald Sun. The only thing that's odd is that it doesn't match accounts, which had him wearing a blue-collared polo in the audience. I suppose he could've changed shirts before the interview (it was hot there) because he's wearing a black Sacramento Kings shirt in the pic.

link to the pic :Photo: here

I SO totally missed the Australian Open. I bet Michael Vartan was good looking. What am I saying? He's always good looking. Anyways he is SO MAJORLY HOT!!!!!!!!

Back