Season 4 MissingSark/CJ Recap

Before I begin, let me just say that this was a labor of love. I was almost done with this recap when I hit a button and lost all of it. I almost cried. Determined not to let you down, I spent another hour or so rewriting it. So let me just conclude this by saying: “I hate computers.”

4.18 Mirage

Vienna. Syd’s disguised as a waitress. She’s bringing drinks upstairs to Samuel L. Dixon and his baddie friends from the last episode. She also takes the moment to slip him a gun. Dixon and has baddie friends are waiting for the hydrosick to arrive. Downstairs, the Legally Blonde Lawyer has appeared. He’s setting bombs all over the place, but of course, Vaughn doesn’t notice. Syd comes back down and the Lawyer put a bomb on her tray. She notices and yells for Vaughn to take cover. The bombs go off and all hell breaks loose. Syd’s fighting the Lawyer who’s putting up a good fight. Dixon’s baddie friends are trying to get the hydrosick, but Dixon shoots one of them who’s trying to kill Vaughn. Syd’s still dealing with the Lawyer, but Dixon’s main baddie friend grabs the hydrosick and runs off. Dixon and Vaughn follow him. He threatens to put the hydrosick into this water pipe if they don’t put their guns down. Vaughn obeys quickly because he’s a boyscout. But Dixon, who’s still acting like Samuel L/ Dixon, only pretends to lower his gun before bringing it back up and shooting the main baddie and thus, saving the day. Yea Samuel L. Dixon. You rock my world.

The SpySister Apartment where Evil TerrorAunts masquerading as TerrorNannies crash. Elena’s on the phone, talking to the Lawyer who says that he lost the hydrosick. She’s not happy. Elena comes out and starts talking subtitles to Hottya. Elena: “I’m such a burden! I’m going to stay at a hotel.” Hottya: “No way!” Elena: “Okay. I’ll stay here until you discover that I’m secretly evil.”

Xmansion. Syd to Vaughn: “Have you seen my dad? I’m kinda freaked that he hasn’t reported in yet.” Vaughn: “What do you want to do?” Cut to Syd and Vaughn in an elevator, on their way to CJ’s apartment. How cool is this! Not only are we supposed to take a trip through CJ’s mind tonight, we’re also going to take a trip through his apartment! His own Fortress of Solitude! Inside, his place kinda looks like felgercarb. Maybe CJ doesn’t know how to keep house. The man can’t do everything, I guess. Vaughn finds a diary that CJ’s been using to monitor his vitals and in the bathroom, Syd finds pills and needles. Either daddy’s sick or he’s a closet druggie. Neither option is too appealing.

Secret Hideout of Super Evil TerrorAunts who Pretend to be TerrorNannies. Elena’s not happy that the Lawyer didn’t get the hydrosick and that they have a sketch of him. But she comes up with a plan. They’re going to hack into Hottya’s laptop and try and find where the hydrosick is.

Dr. OO’s office. Apparently, Dr. OO told him about this experimental procedure that involves injecting CJ with large amounts of alkoaide agents. Dr. OO says that he did that to some rats and a few of them made it. CJ likes those odds and is willing to give it a shot.

Xmansion. Marshall doesn’t have any info on the Lawyer for Hottya. She gets a call from Elena, who says she wants to make dinner for Hottya and her boy toy and Syd and her boy toy. Hottya asks ADP who thinks that’s a good idea. I don’t think he’d ever turn down a free meal, Hottya.

Animal-Testing Lab. CJ is visiting some science guy who works for a cosmetics company or something. He’s getting the alkolaide agents from this nerd. The nerd tells him to be careful with this because if CJ uses too much, whoever he injects this into will be dead.

Marshall’s Office. Syd wants to look into Alkolaide agents and radiation. She tells Marshall that she thinks something’s wrong with her dad. Not so subtly, Marshall starts to freak out and Syd makes him spill the beans. He reveals what happened at the end of Nightingale. Syd struts off to tell Sloane that her dad’s in trouble.

Xmansion Briefing Room. Sloane: “CJ’s on the loose and is seriously in need of medical attention.” They can’t find any indication that he’s checked into a hospital or been treated by anyone. Syd: “The truth is that what he has is untreatable. And if he’s half as sick as we think he is, then he’s out of his ever-loving mind.” Someone could be trying to take advantage of a sick CJ so they have to find him quickly. Cut to CJ who’s entering Dr. OO’s office and getting ready for his treatment. Cut to ADP who found out that CJ used his ATM card at a certain location and by using that, Marshall found his car. He tells Syd, who’s in a car with Vaughn, where it is and they drive there. Cut to CJ who’s getting strapped into a chair by Dr. OO. He starts talking about how much he loves Syd and Laura. Okay, so we’ve established that CJ’s tiptoeing through La-La Land with his non-evil wife and 6-yr-old daughter. Cut to Syd and Vaughn who are in a warehouse that’s inhabited by druggies. Syd sees one wearing CJ’s coat. Vaughn tries to beat info out of him, but gets nothing. That’s because he’s on drugs, Vaughn! He probably thinks you’re a talking hamster or something! Syd and Vaughn continue searching for CJ. Cut to. Dr. OO injecting the alkolaide into CJ and telling him to count backwards. Syd’s racing towards the door and bursts in. Only there’s no door and there’s no Dr. OO. He’s a freakin’ hallucination! CJ’s sitting on some box, injecting himself. He looks like felgercarb! Syd’s freaking out because it looks like her dad’s a druggie or something. And I’m freaking out because Dr. OO doesn’t exist! He’s not real! NOT REAL! I’m still reeling from this shocking revelation. No wonder we were all suspicious of him and his relationship with CJ! We should have known that CJ could never have a close friend like that who he trusted so completely.

Sloane’s Office. Two of our four wife killers are having a pow-wow. Vaughn says that CJ’s been taken to the infirmary. Sloane: “He injected himself with poison? Who would do such a crazy thing?” You’re one to pass judgement, Sloane! You injected yourself with green goo last season and you weren’t suffering from hallucinations! Vuaghn: “Well, he did think that it was a cure. They got it out of his system, but if something’s not done within 72 hours, it’s bye-bye CJ.” Sloane: “Did he ever wake up? Did he happen to mention anything about a secret pact or what he got me for my birthday?” Vaughn: “He just mentioned wanting to see his doctor, Liddell.” Sloane looks a little surprised. I guess he knows that name.

Xmansion Briefing Room. Turns out that there really is a Dr. OO and since he’s not really an evil guy we’ll just start calling him by his real name which is Liddell. He was a doctor who was working on treating people who had developed genetic mutations due to radiation. He was working in the Soviet Union about 20 years ago. The Soviets thought that in addition to being a doctor, he was also a spy. They were right. CJ and his handler got Liddell out and gave him a new identity and stuck him somewhere. No one knows where though. Only CJ. Somehow, they have to find a way to get CJ to reveal where Liddell is.

Hallway. Syd and Hottya are having a sisterly love moment. Hottya: “I’m sorry you’re dad’s sick. If it’s any consolation, my dad’s a crazy, murdering, psychopath.” Syd: “I already knew that, but thanks for trying to cheer me up.”

The Bachelorette Pad of the Swinging SpySisters and the Free-Loading TerrorNanny/TerrorAunt. Elena greets Hottya and ADP who’s there for dinner of course. Elena says that Hottya’s told her so much about ADP. She takes Hottya’s computer to another room, where the Lawyer’s waiting to hack into her laptop.

Hospital Room of Hallucinating SpyDaddies. CJ wakes up and is totally confused. He apologizes to Syd for not picking up Syd after dance practice. He calls her Laura and this makes Syd a little sad because she realizes that her dad’s crazy.

The Dinner Table of Deceitful Dining. ADP’s enjoying the empanadas that Elena made. Hottya’s cell phone rings and she decides to go get it. This is a problem because it’s in with the Lawyer, who’s still hacking away. Elena tries to distract Hottya but to no avail. Elena pulls out her gun in case she has to shoot ADP and Hottya. ADP’s still talking about the food. Hottya comes back out so apparently, the Lawyer hid well enough. She said that it was Vaughn who called.

Sloane’s office. Sloane says that CJ’s too far gone to be able to tell them where Liddell is. Syd’s wondering if the can hypnotize or something. Syd: “At the hospital, he called me Laura.” Sloane: “Here’s an idea. Why don’t we take advantage of CJ’s hallucinations and have you pretend to be your mom? Maybe we can convince him that he’s in the 1980's, and try and get him to reveal Liddell’s location that way.” So this incestuous role-playing game is brought to you by none other than Arvin Sloane. Shoulda known.

In a warehouse. Syd’s preparing to become her mother. Vaughn comes in and shows Syd a picture of the girl hired to play young Syd. Syd’s nervous about pretending to be her mom. Vaughn: “Why?’ Syd: “Because it’s a touch incestuous. Plus, I don’t remember what my parents were like. I don’t know how they interacted with one another.” Vaughn assures her that she’ll do great. It’s nice to know that Vaughn can be so supportive of his girlfriend while she’s pretending to be her mom for her delusional father. Not many guys would do that. What a freak.

The House of Bristow circa 1980. Syd’s a little unsettled by the fact that the set looks exactly like her old house. Sloane’s there putting the finishing touches on it. I’m unsettled by how much Sloane seems to be enjoying this trip down memory lane. Sloane sees Syd and is impressed by how much Syd looks like Laura. Don’t get any ideas, you perv! Sloane: “Vaughn’s going to call CJ and try and get him to reveal Liddell’s location. By the way, ‘Sweetheart’ was your mother’s pet name for CJ.” Aww! What was Laura/Irina’s pet name for you, Arvin? Was it Wrinkles? Or My Rambaldi Fortune Cookie? Or maybe Not as Good as CJ?

The APO gang’s preparing to watch the show. ADP: “Hottya! You got any more of your terrrornanny’s empanadas?” Hottya: “You ate them all!” Vaughn: “Can you dim the lights, Arvin?” Marshall: “Down in front! The good stuff’s about to begin!” CJ wakes up. Syd/Laura pretends to be coming home from the grocery store. She calls out to CJ who comes into the kitchen. CJ looks confused. He calls her Sydney, but Syd/Laura says that Sydney’s upstairs. CJ’s still looking a bit unsure of the situation so Syd/Laura says: “Arvin called and he and Emily want us to come over for dinner next Saturday. I told him okay.” Starting to buy into the delusion, CJ says: “You could have told him that we were busy. I know that you don’t like him very much. You only put up with him because of me.” (Back at the Xmansion, the APO gang starts giggling.) Syd/Laura: “He’s your friend.” CJ starts talking about how wonderful Syd/Laura is. She’s the perfect wife and so beautiful. Before things get weird, Vaughn calls. He tells CJ that Liddell’s been compromised and that they need to get him out of there. Where should he go? CJ’s looking confused and unsure again. The APO gang thinks that it’s because Vaughn doesn’t sound like CJ’s handler. So, they decide to distract him by sending young Syd in. She comes and asks CJ if she can practice the piano. This gets CJ back into 1980's mode. He starts talking to Vaughn in code, which freaks the APO people because they’re going to have to crack it. Or not! After hanging up, CJ goes into the kitchen and spills the entire can of beans to Syd/Laura. Liddell’s in Finland. The APO gang is a bit shocked (as are the viewers) to see that CJ, who’s normally so secretive, willingly tell everything he knows. He must have been blinded by love! CJ says that he’s upset about leaving because it means that he’ll miss Syd’s birthday again and she doesn’t deserve that. CJ: “The only memories I have of my father are of him leaving and I don’t want Sydney to experience that.” Syd/Laura is moved: “Your work is very important.” CJ: “It’s not as important as Sydney or you. When I get back, I’m giving my notice.” Syd/Laura’s overcome by this gesture. CJ kisses her hand and Syd/Laura starts to cry. CJ leaves the kitchen and goes to sit next to young Syd at the piano. He starts playing with her. What a minute! Where am I? This isn’t Alias! It’s some mirage! CJ’s all happy and un-CJ-like. He’s having a lighthearted moment and being somewhat goofy with his daughter. All of a sudden, some guys come in and tranq CJ. Whew! There. That’s more like it.

Helsinki. Syd’s found Liddell. She says that CJ needs his help.

Xmansion. Marshall comes running up to ADP and Hottya. He says that he was going to run some more tests on the hydrosick, but it was moved to a low-level security facility. Marshall: “Which you already know because you’re the ones who approved the transfer.” Cut to the Lawyer breaking into the facility. Elena’s at the front, pretending to be dumb and asking for directions. Cut to ADP saying: “We didn’t have it moved.” Marshall’s confused because the request came over the secure server. Cut to Elena and the Lawyer taking out the security guards. Cut to ADP trying to contact the security guards who can’t answer because they’re dead. Cut to Elena and the Lawyer breaking into a safe and retrieving the hydrosick. Cut to ADP and Hottya bursting into the facility. That’s crazy! Why would Elena, who appears to be intelligent, go to the trouble of having the hydrosick moved if it’s only going to end up about a minute from the Xmansion? Well, I guess it worked out okay because ADP and Hottya are too late. The hydrosick is gone and they find the Lawyer with his throat slit. Apparently, Elena doesn’t like to share her toys of mass destruction. Too bad she got away. Maybe if Hottya hadn’t been bogged down by ADP Elena would have been discovered.

Xmansion. Syd's bring Dr. Liddell to see CJ. He apparently knows Sloane because they say hi and Sloane says that CJ’s in the infirmary. Syd wakes CJ up and says that a friend’s here to see him. CJ looks a touch confused to see Liddell. CJ: “Am I cured?” Liddell: “Not yet, but you will be.” Cue the waterworks! This recapper’s crying!

Next Week: It's the beginning of the end. Whatever that means.

thanks Anne! wow that was fast! And you had to redo it, typed it twice!

one of these days I am going to print up a whole bunch of your CJ/missing sark recaps and "lay up" and read them all day and laugh my butt off.

Anne, you and CJ really are doing a great community service! (y) :D

Thanks for that recap! I used your outline of the story to guide me for writing my review too. I definitely owe you one ;) Good job!! (y)

Hottya.  Elena: “I’m such a burden!  I’m going to stay at a hotel.”  Hottya: “No way!”  Elena: “Okay.  I’ll stay here until you discover that I’m secretly evil.”

haha....awesome....

How cool is this!  Not only are we supposed to take a trip through CJ’s mind tonight, we’re also going to take a trip through his apartment!  His own Fortress of Solitude! 

i know i was excited....i thought his place would have all kinds of crazy batman security but it was just a lock that can be picked by pretty much any spy daughter....very un-cj like if u ask me. i was expecting cameras with auto-firing deathrays....

I don’t think he’d ever turn down a free meal, Hottya.

haha...weiss is such a fat a$$....we should've stuck with his original nickname...haha...

We should have known that CJ could never have a close friend like that who he trusted so completely. 

hahah...seriously!! CJ hallucinated the whole thing....dont tell me that's not some crazy s**t that only CJ could pull off! he's THAT crazy!

Hallway.  Syd and Hottya are having a sisterly love moment.  Hottya: “I’m sorry you’re dad’s sick.  If it’s any consolation, my dad’s a crazy, murdering, psychopath.”  Syd: “I already knew that, but thanks for trying to cheer me up.”

hahaha...that's awesome spy sympathy for you....

The Bachelorette Pad of the Swinging SpySisters and the Free-Loading TerrorNanny/TerrorAunt. 

LOL.....freeloading terror aunt!!! elena can have like a zillion nicknames....

Vaughn comes in and shows Syd a picture of the girl hired to play young Syd. 

wasn't that weird? where the heck did they pick up a lil junior spy? prob from that spy kids movie. AND they hired her?? has she been applying to be a spy on monster or something? since she was like 6??

Sloane sees Syd and is impressed by how much Syd looks like Laura.  Don’t get any ideas, you perv!  Sloane: “Vaughn’s going to call CJ and try and get him to reveal Liddell’s location.  By the way, ‘Sweetheart’ was your mother’s pet name for CJ.”  Aww!  What was Laura/Irina’s pet name for you, Arvin?  Was it Wrinkles?  Or My Rambaldi Fortune Cookie?  Or maybe Not as Good as CJ? 

hahahahaha.....

What a minute!  Where am I?  This isn’t Alias!  It’s some mirage!  CJ’s all happy and un-CJ-like.  He’s having a lighthearted moment and being somewhat goofy with his daughter.  All of a sudden, some guys come in and tranq CJ.  Whew!  There.  That’s more like it.

haha..i loved that whole joke!

a-w-e-s-o-m-e recap, anna!!!.....i'm sorry you had to write it twice.....u must be developing carpal tunnel syndrome ever since u've started with the recaps....

crazyjack said:
a-w-e-s-o-m-e recap, anna!!!.....i'm sorry you had to write it twice.....u must be developing carpal tunnel syndrome ever since u've started with the recaps....
[post="1328596"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Thanks CJ! I missed recapping with you this week! Don't make me do it again! You're my recapping hero! :super:

Yeah, I'm surprised that there wasn't more security at CJ's place. That just doesn't seem right. Actually, I was recently exposed to radiation and my mututation has made it possible for me to type my recaps telekentically so there's no chance that I'll get the dreaded carpal tunnel syndrome.

Thanks to everyone else for their kind comments.

I love ur recap anna!!! it was soo good!!! (btw- also was 307!!!!!)
I was sure CJ will have the hardest house 2 break in ever!! like the one is S3, only harder! and yet I can break into his house!!! *freaky shakes her head*
was i the only one who was afraid that jack willl kiss syd as laura! i was a little freaked out!

Just hope you know that not only do folks read em... I print the dang things out and take them to bed on Tuesday nights just to get me pumped up for Wednesdays! <yarite> As tho we don't ALL wake up on Wed morning wishing it was 8PM :smiley:

Back