Season 3 Move over Syd. You've met your match!

This seems to be the theme of, not just eppy 6, but of season 3. Poor Syd. Waking up and realizing you missed two yrs of your life and things have drastically changed! That would explain why the beginning shot was Syd running like she wanted to tear up the turf beneath her feet. Of course, who wouldn't be angry about meeting your chief enemy in a park. And did I sense a deep satisfaction when Syd threatened Sloane if he didn't inquire about her where abouts for the last 2 yrs. Whose bright idea was it to make Syd Sloane's handler anyway? Even Lauren could see the stupidity in that. I wonder what Syd would have preferred? Retrieving info about her missing two yrs or seeing Sloane dead. A hard decision indeed. At least I wasn't the only one who recognized the foolishness of the situation. The CIA obviously thought it wise to send Weiss to handle Syd while Syd was to handle Sloane. Perhaps Dixon pulled Weiss aside and said, "Hey, make sure she does do anything stupid like kill Sloane." Weis certainly looked worried. Like anyone could control Syd anyway. Of course, Vaughn seemed to do very well...or so Sloane suggested. Don't you just love hating him! But anyway back to the main theme of my thread. Syd seems to be falling into 2nd place lately. Oh, I don't mean she isn't the highlight of the series. I mean the writers are doing a fabulous job of making you feel her pain. Allison is a force to be reckoned with and certainly a worthy adversary. I wanted to pummel my brother when he suggested that Allison was a "better" fighter than Syd. Disloyality! I wanted to scream. But as I digested this fact for a while, I realized this could be very true. Allison was trained in the same methods as Syd, but what makes her better is the magic "formula." She fights w/o emotion or fear because she has a "quick fix". Do I dare say Allison can't die? It's an interesting thought and certainly something to put Syd in spot #2. Secondly, it seems the writers are pushing the Lauren & Vaughn thing. Since when did wives walk around in their bra and underwear to pack a suitcase? When did Vaughn find it necessary to kiss Lauren at every possible opportunity in the office. He never did that with Syd? Perhaps what scares me is, not the frequent pecks or "remember of love you" speeches, but perhaps (when I saw the previews for next week's eppy) I realized that maybe, just maybe, Vaughn whole-heartedly, deep down loves his wife. (Like a husband should, but this is 'Alias') Could he in fact be content with Lauren over Syd, even happy that Syd disappeared and he married Lauren. I'm not saying I don't think Syd and Vaughn will get together. I do! But who agrees that when they do it won't be as sweet b/c Vaughn has learned to love someone else? That ? will always linger, "Who did you love more?" At least we have Weiss. The comic release. How 'bout that ice hockey game? Well, love is complicated. But at least Marshall knows how to sweep a girl of her feet...

If Allison were a better fighter than Sydney, she would have made off with the gizmo and not been shot in the first place. She has an advantage, but not an overwhelming one. Her biggest advantage (during fights) is that she has few people to protect or care about.

Since when do wives pack in their underwear? Heck, I'm sure I've done it . . . Husbands and wives don't feel that they have to be fully clothed around each other constantly . . . c'mon! They're married. How prudish are we? If it were Sydney and Vaughn, would there be all this hoo-haw? No, no doubt it would be "Aw, that's so cute!" As for the frequent kissing, I think that might be Vaughn's way of subconsciously reminding himself whom he's married to. Plus, Lauren needs some extra reassurance that Vaughn's thinking about her with Sydney around.

Um, I'm not sure Marshall's drum-kit proposal would sweep me off my feet, but whatever floats your boat . . . it's the sentiment that counts . . .
^_^

verdantheart said:
As for the frequent kissing, I think that might be Vaughn's way of subconsciously reminding himself whom he's married to.
liking this thoguht!!! ^_^

jems said:
verdantheart said:
As for the frequent kissing, I think that might be Vaughn's way of subconsciously reminding himself whom he's married to.
liking this thoguht!!! ^_^
that cracks me up
maybe lauren needs more attention right now to feel secure in their relationship especially with syd in the office and vaughn going on missions with her

Well, I think that drum proposal was very Marshall-ish! :lol: i think it's the sorta thing I would come to expect from him ^_^

But anyways, that was a bit :eek:fftopic:

Back