Moving On

Hey everyone,

This is my fic, its a challenge that was on sd-1 by *Elektra* the terms of the challenge were Syd/Vaughn had to leave the CIA and live a normal life. I hope you like it and please R/R. Thanks.

Chapter one:
Syd’s POV:

Its been five years since I did it, I’m not saying that I’m not happy about it, it was one of the happiest moments in my entire life but I still can't believe that I did it.

*Flashback:*
(Still Syd’s POV )

I walk into the CIA headquarters a couple of days after we have taken down SD-6, I have made a big decision and I am off to tell Kendall and everyone else in the CIA. I get to Kendall’s office and I knock on the door.

“Come in.” Kendall yells, he sounds agitated. I walk in and my dad, Vaughn and Weiss are all standing in there. Hmm I wonder what’s going on.
“Agent Bristow, what can I do for you?”
“Hi, I have filled out my resignation and I am quitting the CIA.” I smile, everyone looks so shocked.
“You can't” Kendall says. He’s such a dickhead.
“I can and I am. I don’t want to be a part of this anymore. I have done so much for the CIA and now that SD-6 is gone I have nothing to worry about anymore. I don’t care about Sloane. I have a lot of confidence that you will find him and good luck with finding him. I am going to clean out my desk. Seeya around.” I walk out of Kendall’s office and walk to my desk, I pick up the box I put there earlier and pack up my things. I am nearly done when I see Vaughn walking towards me, I smile at him. He finally reaches me and asks
“Why are you doing this?”
“Vaughn, I am sick of this life. I want to be as normal as possible and I can't do that if I am working here. I am going to finish my college degree and then I am going to get a job as a teacher. I have to go now. Seeya.” He looks shocked.
“Bye”
“Oh and Vaughn”
“Yeah”
“You should do it too, put in your resignation, and come be with me.” Then I walked out of the CIA headquarters.

*End Flashback*

Two hours later Michael Vaughn quit the CIA and we have been together ever since.

What did you think (y) (n) ?

Mel

New chapter

Chapter two:
Syd’s POV:
Present day:

Where am I? Oh wait I know where I am. I am in Greece, Im walking around the streets just looking at people. Then I see Sloane, he has my father, he has a knife to my fathers neck. I yell out.

“Let him go”
“Now why would I do that?”
“Please let him go”
Sloane grins devilishly and then he slashes dads neck.
“Noooooooooo”

I jerk up out of bed.
“Oh my god, the dreams have started again.”
I get up out of bed, walk down the hallway in my house and then I stop at the door of a room that I go to, whenever I am feeling depressed. I look in and what I see makes me smile and forget about my dream for a couple of seconds. I see my husband Michael Vaughn watching our baby girl sleep, he’s so smitten with her, she has him wrapped around her finger. I am about to say something when he turns around and smiles at me, how does he do that? He can always tell when I am in the room. Michael smiles again.

“Come here baby.” He whispers careful not to wake our four year-old daughter. I walk over to him and he wraps his arms around me.
“Whats wrong Syd?” he always knows when something is wrong.
“My dreams are back” He frowns.
“Oh baby, lets go into the lounge room so we don’t wake Amanda.” We walk out of our daughter’s room and into the lounge room. He speaks softly to me.
“Syd, you have nothing to worry about, your father is fine, Sloane is in CIA custody, and everything is fine.”
“I know Sloane is in CIA custody but dad still goes on missions, he could still be killed, it doesn’t have to be by Sloane.”
“Sys, if you feel that your father is in danger or if your worried about him you need to tell him.” I smile, he always knows what to say.
“Thanks Mike” He grins.
“That’s ok sweetie, now lets go back to bed and get some sleep.” I nod in approval and we walk back to our bedroom to get some sleep.

and another chapter

Chapter 3:
Syd’s POV:

As I open my eyes I look around in my bedroom, then I look at my clock, its 1.00pm, I slept for ages. Where is my husband? I get out of bed and I walk down the hallway, out into the lounge room, he is playing with our daughter on the floor. He looks up and smiles at me.

“Look Amanda Mummy is here.” Amanda looks up at me with her beautiful eyes and says
“Hi mummy”
“Hi baby, what have you been doing?”
“Daddy has been telling me all about hockey.”
“Really?” I look over at Mike with a questioning look in my eyes, he stands up
“Im going to go make some lunch.” I look at my husband and then back to my daughter, she points at me indicating that she wants me to come to her. I sit down in front of her and then she says.
“Mummy, I don’t like hockey.” I smile.
“it sounds boring, the only fun part bout it is the zam zam zam…….” She looks stumped.
“The zambooni” I say with a smile.
“Yeah, that thing. Don’t tell daddy I said that.”
“Ok baby” Michael comes back with some food for himself. Amanda is still in her pyjamas.
“Amanda go get changed, I'm going to take you shopping today” she jumps up and runs to her room.
“Do I get to go shopping too?” Michael asks me.
“No, you have to work.” He frowns.
“Do I have to?” I laugh.
“Yes, I am going to go have a shower, then take Amanda shopping.”
“Can I have a shower with you?” he smirks
“NO! Go to work.” He laughs.

I get out of the shower, get changed and then head towards the lounge room, my daughter is watching cartoons.
“You ready to go Amanda?”
“Yes mummy, I'm ready to go.” As we are walking out the door I ask her
“What do you want to buy today?”
“Lunch” I laugh
“That’s all you want?”
“At the moment it is.”

We arrive at the shopping mall and she tells me she wants to buy some clothes. I suggest that we eat first and she says ok. After we have eaten we go to look for clothes, we go to the first shop that we can find.

“Mummy, can I have this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this and this?”
“Honey, if I buy all of this for you, you cant have anything else.” She frowns.
“Why not?”
“Because I'm not made of money.”
“Why not?”
“Because I haven’t been at work and we are only living of the money that your dad makes.”
“Well why aren’t you working as well?” she looks confused
“Because I had to look after you, when you got sick. Do you remember when you got sick?” she thinks about it.
“Yes but that was two months ago.”
“I know that sweetheart but the doctor said to stay with you until we were absolutely sure that you were better. I'm going back to work next week and we will have some more money.”
“Ok”
“Mummy how bout I buy some clothes from here and then we go home and watch videos all afternoon, Im not in the mood for shopping.” She read my mind
“Anything you want baby.” I bought some shirts for her, some paints and a really cute denim jacket. Then we went home and watched little kids movies all afternoon. I love little kids movies.

Its 6.30pm and I'm cooking dinner, I hear the door open, Michael must be home. I hear Amanda squeal, she jumps up and runs to her father, he scoops her up into his arms, I hear their conversation.
“Hey baby girl”
“Hey daddy”
“How was your day sweetie?”
“It was great, mummy took me shopping and then we came home and watched videos. How was yours?”
“It was boring without you.” I laugh, he is so whipped.
“Where's your mummy?”
“In the kitchen”
“Thanks sweetie, you can continue to watch TV now.” He walks into the kitchen.

“Hey babe” he says to me and then kisses my neck.
“Hi” I try not to have a big smile on my face but I can't help it.
“Whats so funny?” I bite my lip to stop myself from laughing really hard. I grin.
“You are so whipped, whipped, whipped, whipped.”
“I am not whipped” he sounds really offended.
“Yes you are. She has you wrapped around her finger. Whipped.” He just laughs.
“What's for dinner?”
“Curry”
“What's Amanda having?”
“Curry”
“It will be to spicy for her.”
“She tried some of dads curry once and loved it. I have done a separate bit for her, its not as spicy as ours” he smiles.
“Ok, tell me when it's ready or if you need any help.” He walks out to sit with Amanda.

Please leave a review.

Mel

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the reviews. You guys rock and I am so glad that you like it.

Chapter four:
Syd’s POV:

I wake up and reach for my husband but he is not there, damn. I look at the clock and I see that it is 10 o’clock. I walk to the lounge room, my daughter is watching The Little Mermaid, I look towards the kitchen and my husband is making breakfast. I could go sit with my daughter or I could go talk to my husband, hmm tough decision, Little Mermaid would be more fun, Little Mermaid it is then. I walk towards Amanda and sit next to her, she looks at me and grins.

“MUMMY” She squeals and then throws herself into my arms. I smile at her.
“Hi sweetheart”
“Are you going to watch The Little Mermaid with me?”
“Of course I am. I love this movie.”
“Good.” Oh she is so cute.

Michael comes out of the kitchen with breakfast for Amanda and me. He must have seen me come into the room.

“Hey babe. Your up.”
Yes I am and I see that you have made breakfast for Amanda and me.” I smile at him.
“Yeah, I hope you like it. I’m going to go have a shower and then I`ll have to go to work.”
“Ok”

The Little Mermaid has finished and Amanda and I are now watching The Lion King. I can here Michael walking down the hall way. I stand up to greet him when he reaches the lounge room. He smiles at me when he can see me, he is standing in the kitchen so I walk over to him.

“What are you doing today?” He asks me.
“I was thinking about going to see mum and dad and asking them if they wanted to have Amanda for the night. We can spend the night together without any interruptions.”
“Mmm I like the sound of that.”
“I thought that you would.”
“I have to go now, I should be home about 5.30”
“Ok see you then.” I say and then kiss him goodbye. He goes to say goodbye to Amanda. I here her say ‘Bye daddy I love you’ I walk over to Amanda, she is watching the TV so intently.

“Sweetie, how do you feel about going to see your grandparents today and then possibly staying the night?”
“Are you and daddy staying the night as well?”
“No, it will just be you and your grandparents.” She grins.
“YAY!! Im going to stay with Grammy and Grandpa.” She jumps up and runs to her room to start packing her things. I pick up the phone to call my parents. I dial there number and listen to the dial tone. Mum picks up the phone.

“Hello?”
“Hi mum”
“Sydney, sweetie. How are you going?”
“Im ok mum”
“That’s good. Now what was the reason for your call?”
“I was wondering if Amanda and I could come over today? And if Amanda could stay the night?”
“Of course you can come over today and of course Amanda can stay the night. Can I ask why Amanda needs to stay the night?”
“Michael and I just need some time for us, alone.”
“Ok. See you soon darling”
“Bye mum” Then I hang up the phone. I walk to the TV and turn it off, then I take the video out of the VCR. Just as I put the video away Amanda comes out of her room.

“Lets go” She says to me. I turn off the lights and grab my car keys.
“Alright Im ready to go.” Amanda runs out the front door and to the car. I get outside the door and turn around to lock it.
“Hurry up mummy” Amanda complains.
“Im coming Amanda” I get into the car and we start to make our way to my parents house.

We are almost at my parents house. Amanda is bouncing up and down in her seat. She is so excited.

“Amanda, stop that.” She stops bouncing up and down. We arrive at my parents house. I stop the car. I turn around to say something to Amanda but she is already out of the car. I get out of the car and I turn towards the front of my parents house and see Amanda in my dads arms, chatting easily. I lock the car. I then walk up to my dad, he sees me and then he smiles, I smile back.

“Hi dad”
“Hello Sydney” He puts Amanda down and wraps his arms around me in a tight hug. I smile against him, then we both let go at the same time.
“Lets go inside” Amanda goes inside first and yells out.
“Grammy” Mum turns around and smiles. She then gets off the couch and scoops Amanda up in her arms and they have a conversation. Mum puts Amanda down and gives me a hug.

“Hi mum”
“Hello darling”
“Come and sit down. We need to catch up.” Mum sits on one of the couches and I sit next to her, dad sits in one of the armchairs and Amanda curls up in dads lap.

“When do you go back to work Sydney.” Dad asks me.
“I go back to work Monday and Amanda will be with her nanny. I can't wait to see all of my students and start teaching again.” They both smile and then mum asks.
“How's Michael?”
“He is good. His job is going really well and he loves being a father”
“Of course he does. Being a father is the most precious thing in the whole world. Nothing is more incredible than being a father.” I never new dad felt that way. Amanda has decided to say something.

“Can we stop talking and watch a movie. Talking is boring.” Mum, dad and I all laugh at what Amanda has said.
“What do you want to watch?” Dad asks Amanda. She thinks about it.
“Do you have Aladdin?” Mum answers her question.
“Of course we have Aladdin. It is one of the best movies ever. I will put it on now”
“I will get some drinks” Dad says with a smile on his face.
“I will help you, dad” This is my chance to talk to dad about my nightmares. We have reached the kitchen.

“Dad can I talk to you about something?”
Sure, what is it?”
“My nightmares are back”
“The ones about Sloane?”
“Yes. Except this time he didn’t kill Michael, or me he killed you. Dad I am really scared, I don’t want you to die and I don’t want you to work for the CIA.”
“Well sweetie it's your lucky day then because I retired yesterday, from the CIA anyway. Your mum still has her job so we are ok money wise. I might get a different job but I don’t know yet.” I look at him and then grin.
“Oh dad I am so happy, I am so glad that you have quit the CIA.”
“Me too sweetie. Now lets get these drinks to everyone else.”

It is now 4.00pm I need to go home if I want to get home before Michael does.

“Well I should go home because Michael will be home soon and I want to be there when he arrives.” Everyone turns to look at me. Dad speaks up.
“Ok sweetie. I hope you have a good night.”
“Bye darling. Have a good time with Michael tonight.” Mum says to me. Amanda jumps into my arms.
“Bye mummy”
“Bye baby. Have fun and be good for your grandparents.”
“I am always good” I just laugh
“Bye everyone” I walk out the door and to my car and then I start my drive home.

I get home at 5.00pm. Michael will be home in half an hour. The phone starts to ring just as soon as I get in the house, I run to get to the phone.

“Hello?” I answer breathless.
“Hey Syd, its Michael. How long have you been home?”
“I just got home. That’s the reason why I am so breathless, I had to run to get the phone.”
“Sorry Syd”
“That’s ok. Don’t worry about it.”
“I hope you don’t mind but I made reservations at a nice Italian restaurant so go get ready.” I don’t get a chance to reply because Michael has hung up the phone. I need a shower.

I have just finished my shower, now what should I wear?

An hour later

I can see Michael on the couch, I wonder what he will think of my dress? I am wearing a dark blue sparkly halter neck dress that goes down to my knees. I walk further into the room, Michael must have heard me because he turns around. He looks me up and down. I think he likes what he sees.

“You look stunning”
“You don’t look so bad yourself.”
“Is that a new dress? I have never seen it before.”
“Yeah it is new. I got it the other day. Shall we go?”
“Yeah lets go”

We get to the restaurant and Michael tells the man that we have a reservation for two under the name Vaughn. The man finds our name and then takes us to our table. Michael pulls out my chair for me, he is so sweet. The waiter takes our order and then walks away.

“So, how was your day?” I ask him
“It was ok. I had a lot of paper work to do for some of my cases and so on but then Eric came by.”
“Oh yeah. What did he want?”
“There this new evil group, a lot like sd-6 and the CIA have this new double agent and Weiss is her handler. He just wanted some pointers.”
“What did you say?”
“Don’t break protocol” He says with a smirk. I just laugh.
“Michael you didn’t”
“I did. I also told him how hard it is not to get attached to you asset because your asset has no one that they can trust and you really want to help them. He walked out of my office muttering something like ‘thanks for nothing’” I laugh again.
“Sounds like some one might end up breaking protocol.”
“Yeah!! Anyway how was your day?”
“It was good. I spent the whole time at my parents house. I had fun. I also found out that dad quit the CIA. So I am really happy about that.”
“Are you excited about going back to work?”
“I am so excited!! I cant wait!! I want to see my students. See how they are going and what they have been doing. I especially cant wait to teach.”

We finish our meal and decide to leave the restaurant, we have spent two and a half hours here and now we are going home. We get home, Michael opens the front door and we walk in.

“How about we watch some movies and then go to bed?”
“How about we skip the movies and go straight t bed?”
“Why would we go to sleep, its so early”
“I never said sleep, I just said go to bed. We will definitely not be sleeping.”

End POV
Michael stood in the lounge room for five minutes totally shocked by what his wife has just said. He heres Sydney ask if he is coming. Michael snaps out of his trance and runs towards the bedroom. They didn’t get much sleep that night.

A week later:
Syd’s POV:

My alarm goes off in the morning. I am back to teaching and part of teaching is getting up really early in the morning. I feel a sudden wave of nausea and I jump out of bed and run to the bathroom. A few minutes later I come out of the bathroom and walk towards the kitchen. When I get to the kitchen my husband looks up at me and then he frowns.

“Have you been sick again?”
“Yeah”
“Syd you shouldn’t go to work when your sick in the morning.”
“Mike, I am always better as soon as I get to work.”
“I still think you should go to the doctors.”
“I will go if that’s what you want”
“Really?”
“Yeah, do you want me to go?”
“Yes please. I am so worried about you.”
“Ok I will book an appointment as soon as I get to work.”
“Good”

I am now on my way to work. I love my job, it is the best job that I could ask for. I wonder what’s wrong with me. I am late so I could be pregnant. I hope that I am not pregnant but at the same time I wish I were. I hope that I aren’t because I don’t want to take any more time off of work but I hope I am because I love kids and it would make Michael so happy. I don’t know, I probably not even pregnant.
I finally arrive at school and go straight to my office, I pick up the phone and call my doctor. I book an appointment near the end of my day, it will take five minutes off of my last class but that’s ok I will just let them out early.

It's near the end of my last class, all my students are working quietly, I look at the clock and its time for me to go.

“Everyone, I have an appointment and I have to leave now so I am letting you out five minutes early.” One of my students has the biggest smile on his face.
“You’re the best Mrs Vaughn” I just laugh.
“Thanks Adam. You can all go now” All of my students leave and I pack up my things. I walk out to my car and I am about to get in when one of my other students yells out
“Bye Mrs Vaughn, good luck in your appointment”
“Thanks Sarah” I yell back.
“No problem” She yells back at me.

I arrive at the doctors and I walk in the front door and go to the desk and tell the nice lady that I am here, she says thank you and that the doctor will be here in a minute.
The doctor comes out into the waiting room.

“Sydney Vaughn” I stand up and walk with the doctor to the room.
“So what seems to be the problem Mrs Vaughn?”
“Well every morning for the last week I have been vomiting and then when I get to work I am fine. I haven’t been to worried but my husband has and I was just wondering if something was wrong? And you can call me Sydney.”
“Ok Sydney. Has anything else happened? Have you been late with your cycle?”
“Yes, I have been late.”
“Have you taken a pregnancy test?”
“No, I haven’t”
“Well I would like you to take one now, if that’s ok with you.”
“That’s fine”

I am now waiting for the doctor to tell me my results from the pregnancy test. The doctor comes in and smiles at me.

“So what’s the verdict?” I ask the doctor.
“Sydney you are pregnant.” Oh my god!!
“Really?”
“Yes”
“Wow, ok”
“I need you to make another appointment for tomorrow and we will do a altra sound so then we will be able to determine the sex of the baby.”
“Ok, I’ll go do that now”

I have made an appointment, this time for 4.30 so I don’t miss out on any classes. I am now driving home to see Michael and tell him the news. I wonder how he will react, I hope he will be happy, he probably will, he is always happy when the subject of kids come up. He doesn’t have to go through all the pain though, stupid men they don’t know what pain is.

I walk in and see that Michael isn’t home yet but Amanda is. She is sitting on the couch with her nanny, they both look up and I smile at them. Amanda grins and jumps off the couch.

“Mummy” She runs and jumps into my arms.
“Hi sweetie, how was your day?”
“It was good.” I turn to Emma our nanny.
“Thanks for looking after her again Emma.”
“That’s ok Mrs Vaughn. I love looking after little Amanda here.”
“Did you want to stay for dinner?”
“Oh no! That’s alright I have to go home anyway.”
“Ok, well I will see you tomorrow.”
“Goodbye Mrs Vaughn”
“Bye Emma.”
“Bye Emma” Amanda says.
“Goodbye Amanda. Be good for your parents.” Then Emma leaves and I sit down with Amanda and we talk about our days and what we did. I wonder how Amanda will take having a brother or a sister. I here Mike come in the front door. It is time to tell him about the baby. Amanda jumps out of her seat at the kitchen table and runs to her father, they start talking. Michael comes in holding Amanda in his arms, he puts her in one of the chairs and walks around the table and places a kiss on the side of my head.

“How are you feeling babe?”
“I feel fine Mike”
“I am going to go get changed then when I come back I want to know all about your day.”
“Ok Mike”
“Amanda how about you watch some TV”
“Ok” I watch as my daughter jumps up and runs to the TV. Michael comes down and sits across from me.

“So, tell me about your day”
“Mike I know that the only thing you really want to talk to me about is the doctors appointment and how it went, so lets just talk about that.”
“You know me to well. So how did it go?”
“It went fine. The doctor said that everything is fine and that there is nothing wrong with my body. He did have some news though, that I didn’t know about and neither did you.”
“Well what is it.”
“Mike, your going to be a father again, I’m pregnant.”

So what did you think?

Mel

Back