My Annoyance

Kuzzle

Cadet
Collegeboard.com is very nearly officially dead to me at this point. If you look, you can find a handful of different dates for when the SAT scores from the test taken on March 10th will be available. In fact, on the front page of the 'For Students' section, you'll find two. The first is set up as a headline, and it reads, "March SAT Scores Online March 29", while the second is literally about an inch away in the 'My Organizer' thing on the side. It reads, "Check back on Apr 4 for Mar 10 SAT scores."

I suppose one could take this to mean, "They'll be up on the 29th, but don't check until the 4th. Seriously, don't, or we'll take them away from you.", but not if they were sane.

Anyway, that's without even tearing into the SAT section of the site. That's right, there are at least two more in that section. That's at least four total. I mean, is it just me, or are the SATs important enough that they should, you know, ACTUALLY POST A CONCRETE DATE! I mean, am I alone in that thought?

Ugh, this is annoying. I'd better get the scores by Friday, as I'm leaving town for about a week then, and, while I'd likely be able to check on my grandparents' computer, I shouldn't have to. I mean, seriously... :-L

Does anyone think that acceptable behavior for the people giving a test as important as the SATs? I'm pretty sure you'd get fired if you pulled that kind of stunt in the real world.

The real world is run by incompetant employees failing at their jobs due to their own laziness and inability to perform at anything.

Well, at least I got my scores. At, like, 3:00am, oddly enough...

Subject: Raw Score(National Percentile)

Critical Reading: 730(97%)
Math: 490(40%)
Writing: 620(85%)

Man, I suck at math... :( Oh well. Maybe the Critical Reading score will kind of, like, compensate for it...? I can hope, anyway.

The SAT is fading out, they are trying to scrap and revamp the entire thing now so don't stress it too much.. colleges look at how involved you are in high school more than your exam scores themselves (well except like AP scores) so really don't stress yourself out over the SAT. Actually, try the ACT..it's geared more towards vocab and reading anyway.

First off, the people at the high school were pissing me off by doing things like deciding not to give me credit for a year's worth of work, and not telling me about it. Seriously, I hope my English teacher gets hit in the face with a tennis ball. :-L Anyway, because of that, I dropped out and got my GED. Which, I know, won't look good, but at least I won't be stuck at that high school until I'm 20. Also, the whole "not missing a single question on the reading section of the GED test' can't exactly look bad on a college application, I think. B-)

Secondly, according to the sites, the SAT is more based on aptitude, while the ACT is more based on what you've learned. Well, since I haven't learned much of anything over the past few years, I decided to take the SAT. Also, already took it. :D

Lastly... Ok, well, I can't think of anything to put here except that when your son tells you his SAT scores, don't say that 'All that studying didn't really help', or however it was worded. [-( It makes you sound like a -----. :-L

Back