Season 5 my comments on this episode and the show in general

Alias used to be my favorite show, I have watched it since season 1, i was a little put off by the beginning of last season, but then it started to pick up. I knew vaugn (michael vartan) was out this season, but I didn't realize they would kill him off in the first episode! Where is sydney's sister, is she out too now? in the last episode last season she survived at the end, and they implied that she had a good chance of recovering. But she's not in the new opening credits, they made no mention of her in the first episode that I caught, and in this episode, someone said to sydney sorry about what happened to vaughn and your sister. Does that imply that she is dead now? And now Weiss is out too? in the second episode? To me it seems Alias has "lost" that "alias" feeling, which is probably a sign that jj abrams is paying more attention to other projects such as Lost, which is great.

My theories as to what's going on here behind the scenes, its all Ben Affleck's fault!! The rumors I've heard are that Michael had difficulties working with Jennifer on the show after their personal relationship ended, she dumped him supposedly (never date your coworkers!). After she got pregnant with Ben's baby, he was probably like I am outta here. The writers were forced to change the storyline in a hurry. I've heard also that Michael and Greg Grunberg (Weiss)were also good friends, maybe it also contributed to him leaving the show.

One of the things that I thought made this show great was the chemistry between the actors, even the minor characters, they all played off each other very well, and great casting for their roles. It is a shame that it can't continue, but I guess all good things come to an end. As a dedicated alias fan, I'll probably continue to watch the show this season, and hope for the best :smiley:, but I already don't like the new characters, even though we've barely seen them.

Back