Season 3 My Notes On The Passenger/Chosen One Prophecy

White_Rabbit

Mr. Trixter
I had made these notes after a 'mind review' of Ep. 3.20 "Blood Ties".

Now, V makes a very interesting point. Just because this new prophecy says "The Passenger and The Chosen One will battle. Neither will survive", does not mean that they will battle against each other. That intrigued me, still....

I played out here a prediction of how this will come to be:

We left Sloane and Nadia at the end of the third season, beginning their journey to find Rambaldi's Sphere of Life, Nadia leading Sloane, specifically.

As for me, I'm hoping that Nadia is lying to Sloane, I'm hoping she isn't actually joining forces with him. But, if that's not the case, you can give the girl some sympathy. How would you feel if everyone's trying to get "inside your head"? How does she know who to trust?

Now, let's stay with the idea suggested to us in Sloane and Nadia's last moments. They are working together, heading for the sphere.

My Prediction: Sydney and Vaughn eventually find out about Sloane and Nadia's journey. They begin a race about mid-season to the sphere. They end up getting there at the same time: Sloane and Nadia; Sydney and Vaughn, in the season finale. This is all assuming that Nadia really has sided with Sloane, that she really is a baddie, that when Syd said to Jack "I won't make the same mistake twice"...that wasn't the case. So, Nadia being bad, she shoots at Syd, and they begin the classic climactic finale fight.

~~

But, one thing that doesn't fit in too well here is the article in the last issue of Alias Magazine:

Alias Magazine said:
SYDNEY & NADIA: ROOMMATES!
...Co-Executive Producer Jesse Alexander revealed to us that "Nadia is going to be living with Sydney as her roommate. That should be really cool. That's something that we've missed for Sydney, her having a close friend that she can really talk to and confide in....Will and Francie weren't really integrated into the spy world; that made it very difficutly for us to tell stories with them.

Ok, I can kind of see where this is going, and I do think it is a pretty cool idea, but if Nadia and Sloane are off on their journey, how can this possibly happen or fit? These were my initial thoughts, then I examined the past more and figured....

Maybe, now just maybe, Sloane sends Nadia in undercover like he did Allison. But, then that whole thing that Jesse Alexander explained:
"...someone she can really talk to and confide in..." would become as false as it did when Sydney had a "heart to heart talk" with "Allison".
All very interesting yet confusing.

Thoughts?

[Added spoiler tags around items regarding future plot points ~ V]

I don't think they will keep Sloane too far removed from Sydney and co for very long. What you suggest may well happen, but I don't think it will take anywhere near half a season. After all, that's eleven episodes, and in the scriptwriting world, far too long for something to evolve like that, with major characters apart from the core of the show.

I don't think Nadia is going to be all bad, but I for one certainly hope she ends up facing off against the CIA in some way. Otherwise she and Sydney are going to be more or less the same character - same mother, same job, same house, same enemies. That will get extremely annoying and extremely boring.

As I have read somewhere else, I think that the information Vaughn received was false in the sense that they wanted Vaughn to tell Syd about the "supposed" prophecy ... that "the Chosen One and the Passenger would battle and neither would survive" ...

Why would these two, the important characters in Rambaldi's End Game, battle between themselves? :thinking:

I think the Covenant or the Followers of Rambaldi, wanted Sydney out of the Passenger's life, since we have seen Syd take care of her, and protect her ... so, the only reason this "supposed" prophecy has come to live, was to keep Syd away from Nadia ...

Back