My story needs help.

Would you use the technology I describe below?

• yes, no matter the cost

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes, depending on the price

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • maybe if all bugs are worked out.

• if it existed but it doesn't

• no, it would be too bulky/inconvenient/expensive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, just no.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I have no actual physical need for it and that is exactly why I would

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Hi Fishi,

I recommend that you just write your story. Writing is an art like any other which gets better with practice. It is extremely rare for a writer to produce a finished novel in one draft, and most good novels go through several re-writes or wholesale revisions where material is cut, scenes rearranged, material added, and characters modified or enhanced with refined traits.

Once you have finished your first draft, you will have an idea as to whether you want to continue work on it or else start work another project. You can always return to the earlier work at a later date when fresh ideas occur to you which encourage you to fix the problems and get the novel going again.

Don't worry too much about grammar and punctuation; your word processor will find most spelling errors. The important thing is to lay out the foundations of story in a rough draft so that you can see who the central characters are -- and what further work is needed to make them interesting. The first draft should also show you any problems with the plot ... contradictions, impossibilities, and so on.

Good luck! :D

Back