Season 4 Nadia Annoying

Can anyone tell me the purpose of Nadia? I found her quite annoying as she carried around "the photo" trying to get details about "the baby." I'm hoping JJ has plans for this character (doesn't he always??). But, for now, she's distracting, annoying and useless compared to the other characters. If she left now and went back to Argentina, that'd be OK by me.

I'm gonna give you a break since I'm also a big fan of Quentin... but don't mess with Spy Sister!

Nadia will play a HUGE part this season, just be patient!

I luv me some Spy Sister! :love:

Well, in the first episode she rescued Sydney from getting drowned and in the second episode she rescued Sydney from getting shot. I'd say she can take one episode off and work from the office, don't you think? She's not the star of the show - it's inevitable she won't go on EVERY SINGLE mission. And as much as I like the Spysis dynamic, I think Nadia is more interesting when she's interacting with Sloane and Jack, because that shows the "Derevko" part of her character to its best advantage.

I think it wasn't so much that nadia was annoying as the scenes they had her in this episode seemed a little pointless - almost like - ok we need to break away from this ikmssion now so we;ll cut back to APO and nadia wandering around - it was a little lazy if you ask me. although there is surely going to be some significance in the photo soner or later - or so i hope.

Hmm she said she'd get the tooth paste! That's pretty important. :P Yeah, I wonder when she's going to start going on missions!

say word. God she is annoying. She seriously has no function...She does serve as Weiss' love interest, but Weiss doesn't really serve a function either. Also, there are already enough people who have disfunctional relationships with Jack-we get that he's a cold, stubborn (and totally awesome) guy.

If she doesn't become a bad guy soon, I hope that the next time she saves Syd she takes a bullet for her and dies..but not an Alias fake death, a real not on the show anymore death.

I am happy I am not alone on this one.

So far Nadia is not bothering me. I like the fact that Syd has a sister she can talk to about girlie things like she did with Francie. I think right now they are warming us up to her. She hasn't had muchc to do, but give her a break she just got there. I think when she and Syd finally go on more missions we will see a better and bigger picture of Nadia, and I like the fact that she is a love interest for Weiss.

I actually love Nadia's character. She's bringing back the family dynamic with a twist. At times, I even find her more interesting than Sydney going on a mission--at least Nadia's story has more significance than a mission that has no long-term relevance.

sd6452 said:
Hmm she said she'd get the tooth paste!  That's pretty important. :P
[post="1175255"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:rotflmao:

too funny!!!! ^_^

I agree with you LovinSark, for now Nadia is really anoying. Hi don't mind having her there...but give the character something really important to do. :P
Mia maestro is so great...Five her something.

:P

First, over the long term, the baby story line will obviously be the more important one.

Secondly, I thought that maybe Nadia was fishin' around that maybe the baby was baby Nadia--and for someone who's an orphan with barely any connection to loving parents, that's kinda important.

Thirdly, maybe she'll get cinnamon toothpaste--that's good stuff!
✌️

Hello,

Right now, I don't think Nadia is annoying. I like her. I guess my question is a bit off topic, but does Weiss know that she is Sydney's sister? I am sure they have mentioned sometihing in an episode, but I can't remember. Weiss has probably had a crush on Sydney forever (but loses to Vaughn) so he might see her sister as the next best thing.

Zach

Hi :smiley:
I like Nadia. She just needs to have more of a role. She should go on missions or interact with Sloane and Jack more. I think the baby in the photo could be her, which would raise the question of how Jack had the picture. :thinking: I think Jack knew of Nadia from the begining. Whatever happened to Prodject SAB 47?

Spy Sister said:
Whatever happened to Prodject SAB 47?
[post="1176309"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Well, since Jack didn't really kill Irina, it looks like SAB 47 is really just a fake to convince Sydney that he did--which explains why it didn't really tell us anything else . . . Thank goodness, too, because it's that sort of document that needs to explain too much. That is, if Sydney really found a document like that, she would know too much about the past and it would leave little wiggle room for the writers . . . it's a paint-yourself-into-the-corner sort of device. They probably realized that during the haiatus and decided they'd better turn it into a fake.

say word. God she is annoying. She seriously has no function...She does serve as Weiss' love interest, but Weiss doesn't really serve a function either. Also, there are already enough people who have disfunctional relationships with Jack-we get that he's a cold, stubborn (and totally awesome) guy.

If she doesn't become a bad guy soon, I hope that the next time she saves Syd she takes a bullet for her and dies..but not an Alias fake death, a real not on the show anymore death.

I am happy I am not alone on this one.
--------------------------

Well put! Thanks for your thoughts. I do hope she becomes bad soon. That'd be very interesting.

"Well, since Jack didn't really kill Irina, it looks like SAB 47 is really just a fake to convince Sydney that he did--which explains why it didn't really tell us anything else . . . " Say what? Irina is alive? Is that for sure? :thinking:

yeah seriously...since when did Jack not kill Irina? If this is spoilers...never respond..I am spoiler free...sober for almost a year.

I like the character Nadia. She serves serveral purposes on the show.

One purpose of Nadia serves to show that Sydney has a life away from work. Remember JJ said that aspect of Syd's life was missing without Will and Francie? Syd told her that she was thrilled at having a roommate. Sydney seems to have always craved a normal family life. She didn't have one with Irina and she doesn't have one with Jack.

Nadia's quest for who's baby that young Irina is carrying in the photo serves the purpose of keeping the Irina character relevant to the show. Otherwise Irina's character would fade in importance. Does anyone want that?

Nadia serves as a love interest for Weiss. For people who are tired of, or are getting tired of the Syd & Vaughn relatationship, this serves as the new love story for the show. For others, it will be an additional love story.

Nadia is useful for missions that require an additional female agent, or for missions that Sydney is unavailable for.

Nadia's other purpose is to show a contrast between how she deals with her father, Sloane compared to how Syd deals with her father, Jack.

I hope that the writers keep her good and not try some twist on her character. (y)

Back