New Alias Books

Hibou

Cadet
I just found these over at Alias-Media:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=glance&s=books

and

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=glance&s=books

They don't have the same cover format...but they have the Alias logo (which they can't use without permission), and one of them was written by R. Gaborno, who wrote some Alias episodes. And it doesn't say "an official prequel novel" it just says a novel...perhaps a MISSING TWO YEARS novel? Me hopes so!

ETA: Gaborno and Hollier co-wrote Facade, Greg Cox has writen some official books on Television shows

It's by a different publisher...the covers are different (different creative direction, probably).. Did Alias get bumped from Bantam? :(

Well, I assume that APQ stands for alias PreQuel series. All I know is that these books seem to be longer, which was one of my gripes about all of the books so far, way too short.

those are the newer ones...two more books are slated to release...In July and August. But I'm too lazy to find them right now

BTW, I think the prequel series is over. Usually, all the books have a "Coming Soon" section, telling the title of the next book. But Shadowed doesn't have that. So...no next book in the prequels? :thinking:

UncoveringAlias said:
those are the newer ones...two more books are slated to release...In July and August. But I'm too lazy to find them right now

BTW, I think the prequel series is over. Usually, all the books have a "Coming Soon" section, telling the title of the next book. But Shadowed doesn't have that. So...no next book in the prequels? :thinking:
[post="1127503"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I think the Prequel series was a great idea, and doing a Nadia story is an excellent idea, since it will fill in some of the background holes that exist. And if they are not doing a prequel series anymore, I'm not sure how they are going to make it work? I mean the whole series is so tightly woven, that if they started doing missions from the present, then they better make sure everything fits together with the plotlines on screen. And that just seems like too much coordination for them. But I don't know, you could be right.

It is interesting though that the next book comes in May, presumably after the season is over. So perhaps these books will be about the present, and will advance the plotlines in book form and have Season 5 pick up where the books leave off. But then that would mean people would have to read the books to keep up, and I think that's too bold a move. So maybe it will still be a prequel series that will fill in some of the background information for characters/missions introduces in S4. So people who read the books will have a fuller understanding. But those who do not won't miss much.

Ok, I'll stop now. I think I"m starting to confuse myself.

Xin Li

I think it's going to be like the Alias Video game (no, not BAD)...I think they will be standalone books that provide further (but not needed to understand the show) characterization for avid fans. And so....yah :lol:

So I just realized that these books are NOT going to be the prequel series. In fact, I think they are going to pick up with the APO storyline now. Notice that on the cover of this book, it says APO series?

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/14169021...SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I used to think that was APQ, as in Alias PreQuel series. But now I realize it's actually going to start with Season 4 material. Interesting..

Woo Hoo!!! I love the books. I love Alias so of course i love the books. I like to read the prequals becuase I'm waiting to see when Danny will come into play. Also the first one was really cool because it talked about how she moved up really fast since Syd's really smart. I like the Vaughn ones too. I hope that they make more about him.

See that's what I wonder. ARe they still doing the prequel books? or are they just gonna focus on APO now. I would in fact like to have a few more Prequels that talk about danny and some of the other past events.

Omg I am soo behind on the books. I used to buy one whenever it came out and read it immediately. I haven't read like the last three new ones. haha... I need to catch up :D

Back