Politics New U.N. Human Rights Council

Associated Press - Pulled from MSNBC News online) UNITED NATIONS - Cuba, Saudi Arabia, China and Russia won seats on the new U.N. Human Rights Council on Tuesday despite their poor human rights records, but two rights abusers — Iran and Venezuela — were defeated.

And people wonder why I feel the U.N. is essentially worthless!

Cuba and China? Human rights? Good god! Why are we still participating in this farce?

China has got some real nice liver and spleens fresh from the political prisoners they got tired of torturing and finally executed. A nice bumper crop of kidneys too this year.

Honestly though. The U. N. is not worthless.

It's not.

What I was thinking the other day was that there ought to be a draft day for the U. N.

Each security council member gets to bring in two buddy nations. Every other nation needs to achieve a standard of living for its citizens that at least approaches that which exists in the U. S.

I mean if you can't let gun violence get out of control, allow racism, homophobia, and sexism to run rampant, as well as establishing a tacit theocracy... well then how do we know we can trust you as a nation?

America: "Hey! We resemble that remark!"

Back