No Words To Be Heard

Hello! To all my friends please I beg you read AND review!
Author: Asha
Title: No Words to Be Heard
Disclaimer: Wished I owned Alias, cause S/V would stay together! LOL
A/N: I am getting better at this writing thing and hey if you don’t like this tell me!

Syd and Vaughn have been married for about 3 years. They lived in a peaceful neigborhood with their one-year-old daughter, Alexia Marie. Syd was in the house playing with Alexia when she noticed something.

"Alexia, sweetie can you say mommy or daddy?" Syd was worried cause Alexia was nearly 0ne in a half and hadn't said a word.

"Alexia, why can't you say mommy, please?"

Vaughn walked in the house after a long day at work. He and Syd still worked for the CIA, but barely ever went on missions.

"Hey Syd. How was your day? And how is my baby girl?"

"Vaughn, I am worried she hasn't said anything, not yet!" She said.

"Didn't you go to the doctor's office on Monday?"

"Yes, and she said to meet her in an hour"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello! Mr. and Mrs. Vaughn, I have some news to tell you? Dr. Arena said.

"Well, while reviewing and checking Alexia's test I am afraid we have discovered something.

"What is it? Is my baby ok?" Vaughn was worried about Alexia too. She never seemed to notice her parents and never said a word. Just little mumbles in baby talk.

"Alexia seems to have Sensorineural." Dr. Arena said. While Vaughn and Syd took it in.

"What is that exactly?" Syd asked gripping Vaughn's hand.

"It's a type of hearing loss; in Alexis's case I am afraid to say she is about 85% deaf in both ears.

"OMG, this can't be? My daughter is fine!" Vaughn was tearing as long as Syd.

"What are we going to due?"

"Well. there are programs that allow children with hearing losses to learning sign language, and socialize with people. I can give you some information to read over. And I am sorry."

Jack was glad to see that his daughter had finally settled down and been happy. He loved his little Lexie May, a little nickname since she was born in may. The phone started to ring.

"Dad this is me, can you come over later?" Syd asked.

"Syd is everything ok, is it Alexia?"

"Just come over soon!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack arrived at the beautiful house that he had built for Syd and Vaughn as a wedding gift.

"Dad thank goodness you’re here."

"What is it?"

They walked inside, Alexia ran up to her grandfather.

"Hey, little one what are you up too?"

"Jack, Alexia can't hear you?" Vaughn said as he took his little angel into his arms.

"What do you mean, Vaughn?"

"Alexia, has Sensorineural hearing loss. She is 85% deaf, the doctors think she had lost her hearing when she had the flu." Syd was crying.

"What do you mean that she'll never hear anyone?"

"Mostly, our baby will never heat our voices and we will never hear her say mommy or daddy.

They say their silent for awhile, and had dinner and talked about this current issue that had taken toll on their beloved Alexia Marie.

The next few days had been really hard on everyone. Mostly Sydney, she would hold Alexia all the time and talk to her.
After, telling Vaughn's mother, Will, Francie,, all they needed to sue was tell the CIA.

"Excuse me Mr. Devlin, umm I need to inform you that I won't be working as much for the CIA as I use to." Syd spoke with Alexis in her arms.

"May I ask why Agent Bristow?

"Well, umm Alexia is Sensorineural and she is going to need lots of help. I would like to be a stay-at-home mom till she is of age to go to school."

"I am so sorry about Alexia, and yes you may have the next few months off." Devlin always liked Sydney she was kind and was a Bristow turned Vaughn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Going home to see Vaughn was great cause she could talk to him.

"Hey, how did it go? Kissing her lightly on the cheek and taking Alexia into his arms."

"It went good, he has granted me the next few months off. Michael, how our we going to get through this?"

"Syd, we will, we have to for her. She is our little miracle and as you may remember what happened during your pregnancy. We almost lost her, so there is nothing to worry about. Yes, it will be hard, but there are ways to help, I mean hearing-aids, sign language, and lip reading."

"I know, but I will never hear my baby say I love you mommy, or mommy can you braid my hair."

"We will be ok."

"In a few months we can enroll her into school."

They played with Alexia, cooing her even though she couldn't hear them.

thats kinda sad. Poor Syd and Vaughn.
Did you have to like research what that sensorineural (dunno if thats it) thing cos its sounds real. I dunno, I'm probably just being dumb.
anyway, please continue.

hey Asha this looks good shame poor little girl and I love the name Alexis thats so cute.i cant wait to read more and dangerous_agent i think there is such a thing.but aaw i cant wait for more can I please get a PM when u update

Hey all! Thanks for the reviews I will post more once I get reviews(I am so mean), yeppers i did research and treatmnets children get from having Sensorineural hearing loss. plus, I watched the movie helen keller, the girl who was blind and deaf.

wasn't she blind deaf and mute? but that was a great start. it's sad :( more soon Asha!
--Mandy :angelic:

I love your story! it's so sad though... I'm looking forward the next chapter! could u pm me when you post? thank you!

Hello! I am so sorry I haven’t updated in awhile. I have been so busy! Sorry this is kinda short! But this is dedicated to all of you reviewed! Oh Alexia is going to be called Lexie more since that is a common nickname. PLEASE R&R

Chapter Two

6 Months Later

The last 6 months had been hard on the Vaughns. With all the medical care and attention Alexia needed it was still a miracle her parents were standing.

“Syd, so what school our we going to put her in?” Vaughn asked, handing a hand full of pamphlets of schools for the deaf.

“I am not sure Trinity seems good, but it’s $10,000 a year! And the Academy seems to far down town.” Sydney was tired of reading all of the schools they could possibly send Lexie.

“I say Trinity!” Vaughn spoke getting wild eyes from his sleep deprived wife.

“Vaughn, its $10,000 a year and that doesn’t include Alexia’s medical care.”

“I know that thank you, but Syd I make $40,000 a year and you make $30,000 dollars a year, plus our bonuses we make about $80,000 a year.”

“I know that, but what about our cars, the house, medical care, insurance, taxes, our trips, and basic needs like food and clothing?”

“Honey, listen to me, I want what is best for our daughter even if it’s a $10,000 dollar school. And Alexia deserves the best we can give her love and most of all our support cause it’s a long road for her and us.” He was trying so hard to convince his stubborn Sydney.

“Alright, but if at any time we our having trouble we have to pull her.”

“Thank you, now how about we go pick up our little angel from your dad’s?”
“Lexie, where did you go? Your mommy and daddy will be here soon. Come out sweetie, I’ll give you a cookie.” Jack trying to find his granddaughter who loved to play hide-in-seek.

As Jack wondered around his house, he heard giggles from behind the couch. Walking towards it slowly he saw his little Lexie.

“Caught you little Lexie May bug, think you can hide from your grandpa?”

(Giggles of a two year old)

As he picked her up the sound of the doorbell was rung. Walking to the door caring Lexie side ways to the door.

“Hey Dad, where is Lexie, dad how can you carry her like that? Sydney asked taking her child into her arms.

“Oh, Sydney I carried you like that all the time when you were little”

“Syd, honey it’s ok she’s not a porcelain doll. And look she likes it” Vaughn pointed out as she laughed.

“Would you two like to come in or stand out in freezing rain?”

“That would be nice, Jack.” Vaughn, Sydney, and a very hyper Lexie all entered Syd’s childhood home.

“Did she take her nap or play games with you? Sydney was asking her father as she set down her daughter so she could watch Rugrats of Nick Jr.

“She did play hide-in-seek, look through pictures of you as a kid, doodle, run around the house, but there was no nap.”

“Well, looks like someone is going to be crabby later tonight.” Vaughn pointed out a dancing two-year-old in the living room.

They chitchatted for a few hours, had dinner, and headed of to their home where it was interesting getting their stubborn toddler to bed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Even though Alexia was 85% deaf, she could still mumble words she heard from her parents.

“No! No! No! No!” A crabby Lexie screamed as her daddy set her in her new big girl bed.

“Lexie, sweetie come on its time for bed, we all have to get up early tomorrow.

She was a little hard to get to bed when she didn’t take her naps, which were rarely. Instead of listening to her daddy, she ran out of her room to her mother, who was in their room reviewing mission statements from her father. When all of a sudden a little body climbs onto the bed, looking up seeing Vaughn chasing after their daughter.

“Hey, angel you should be in bed now. Someone has a doctor’s appointment in the morning.” Cradling Lexie as she did when she was just a newborn.

“Syd, she won’t lay down and doesn’t want me to read her a book! Please help me, she listens to you more.”

“How about I tell her the story on how she is a little miracle?”

“Are you sure that might bring back memories?”

“Yes!”

Flashback

“Mr. Vaughn, your wife has been shot!” The medic told him.

“What where is she? How? Who?”

“She’s at JTF Hospital and we believe some enemy shot her!”

At the hospital, Sydney was rushed into surgery after being shot in the left shoulder. She went into labor at only 7 in a half months pregnant.

“Mr.Vaughn, your wife is being prepped for a c-section, and their may be a large chance this baby will not survive being premature and since your wife has lost a lot of blood.

Vaughn dressed in scrubs and rushed by his wife’s side.

“Vaughn, it’s too soon!”

“I know but you can do it”

“They say the baby might not make it, if our baby dies promise me you’ll kill Sloane?”

“I will! That made his blood boil.

“Sydney, you ready?” The doctor informed her as he gently pulled the small baby out.

“Oh my god Syd!” The most amazing sound ever: newborn cries:

“Congratulations, you have a baby girl!”

“Vaughn, it’s a girl and she so beautiful.”

Vaughn smiled like an idiot as he cut the umbilical cord and watches the nurse clean the child.

“Here you go” The nurse gave the infant to her mother.

“Oh your so beautiful, what should we call her?”

“How about Alexia it means defender and helper of mankind just like her mother?”

“Vaughn, she’s our little miracle!”

End of Flashback

When the story was over their little miracle was snoozing in her mother’s arms.
“I’ll tuck her in, you get some sleep cause you taking her to Dr. Arena’s tomorrow.”

“Alright, night angel don’t give daddy a fuss.” Kissing her daughter’s light blonde hair.

“Sydney Vaughn, the doctor will see Alexia now.” The secretary told her.

“Morning Sydney and Lexie” Dr. Arena said politely.

“Morning too, Lexie is a little sleepy cause someone didn’t want to get up.”

“Let’s see how her weight is and how tall she has grown.”

Nothing out the ordinary Alexia was 35 pounds and was surprising tall for her age at 3’4. Her sight was 20x20 as to be thought of. Her hearing was another story.

“It seems that Lexie’s left ear canal has increases some hearing about 7%. Now, this is a good sign cause she will be able to get her hearing aid in a few weeks. Have you and your husband talked about schools for her?”

“Yes, we have and it’s Trinity School for the Hearing Impaired.”

“That’s a good school, expensive but good.”

“Our insurance is paying for some of it since it’s a medical need.”

“I wanted to discuss about a possible cochlear implant for Lexie in a few months.”

“What is that exactly? I have heard of the surgery.” Sydney had to know everything about something before doing it especially to little Lexie.

“A cochlear implant is an electronic device that can restore useful hearing and provide improved communication abilities for persons who have a bilateral (both ears) severe to profound sensorineural hearing loss.”

“So are you saying Lexie would be able to hear almost perfectly out of both bilaterals?”

“Yes, and she would seem so normal, no one would no she is deaf.”

“Thank doctor, I’ll talk to my husband about this.”

“Have a nice day Mrs.Vaughn.”

Ok this I guess was long cause it’s 1,311 words long. PLEASE REVIEW! I worked so hard researching and I still am.

Bondgal2007 said:
“They say the baby might not make it, if our baby dies promise me you’ll kill Sloane?”
interesting story, but she should kill Sloane even if the baby didn't die! pm with the next update...thanks

Back