Politics NYC and Washington D.C. did not want 4 more years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivand67

Sydney's Lover
This just goes to show people what a lot of us know: the people that are more informed when it comes to what's going on in the rest of the world voted for John Kerry. And people that are misguided voted for Bush. Well, let's let the numbers speak for themselves.

In New York city, the only example that we have of a state being hit by terrorism, Kerry won... and it wasn't even close. Needless to say, having been a target, the people of New York City in general are obviously more informed when it comes to al-Qaeda, terrorism, and what goes on around the world.

The state numbers weren't as bad for Bush as Washington D.C.

The voters in the District of Columbia were loud and clear: they did not want four more years from this incompetent President. Bush joined Nader in the single-digit range for percentage points. The final numbers there were astonishing:

Kerry: 183,876 for 90% of the votes.
Bush: a mere 9% for 19,007.

New York was 58% to Kerry and 40% to Bush.

But, let's break it down to NYC, shall we?

Final numbers for:

Manhattan:
Kerry: 468,841 for 82% of the votes.
Bush: 95,362 for 17% of the votes.

Bronx:
Kerry: 260,438 for 82%.
Bush: 52,752 for 17%

Brooklyn:
Kerry: 468,403 for 74%.
Bush: 156,612 for 25%.

Queens:
Kerry: 393,482 for 71%.
Bush: 155,363 for 28%.

Let's add those up.

In total for NYC and surrounding areas, without counting voters who went with Nader and those other candidates.

Kerry: 1,591,164 for 77.57% of the votes.
Bush: 460,089 for 22.43% of the votes.

Total voters: 2,051,253.

I think a lot of us know that millions and millions across red states, if not all of Bush's voters, are misguided, with no sense of what really goes on around the world. Rather, they're most likely to watch their local news and actually pay attention to those ridiculous, untruthful commercials ran by the Bush campaign, such as the now-famous "wolves" commercial. These people that live in rural areas and have never travelled overseas - and there are many of those in this country. They think that the United States is the one and only great country in the world, and that being respected around the world is never gonna be very important, since we're oh so powerful!

I'm not talking about the Bush supporters here at AA - many of you have understandable points of view. But the rest of America. What is wrong with many of the people in this country?

I really don't think this needed a new thread. If you want me to merge it with an existing one (the Presidential Election one is back open), let me know. Or repost it there.

Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back