I want more time.

Huh? Oh, felgercarb! I thought I replied after watching the video. Anyway, it wasn't that sad. I mean, if the guy didn't want to be a bastard, he wouldn't have been. *shrug* Hindsight's 20/20, I guess, though. Either way, his attitude would've likely lessened the blow to his son if it were real, so I guess it kind of worked out. I mean, it's not like he's going to be up on a cloud, playing a harp, crying because he never told his son he didn't hate him.

It's all about regret.. Every night, I lie awake and think about the day. Normally, I find bits and pieces that I find I regret the way I reacted to and wish I could do over. "I sounded short with that person..I should definitely apologize tomorrow" or "Ah! I didn't listen too much during that conversation. I just kept talking about my troubles and they have been having a rough time lately too!"

Normally, I get apologetic the next day and the person doesn't even remember, but still.. If that can come up on a regular bases, what sort of regrets would there be if a person knew they wouldn't have a chance to fix the wrong? I have a cousin that died for 10 minutes. Before it, he was always sort of morbid and stoic. Afterwards, he actually cried for a time. We'd never seen him cry before. He's a lot more willing to hug others, to get his picture taken, to come and see the family. Death can really effect a person.

so what the commercial is saying: "Pay us, and we will tell your kid you loved him when you die, because money is love." Disgusting insurance company.

however, nicely done commercial.

edit: what about the guy in the truck, who hit him?

The guy in the truck has a greater chance of having survived that crash. The truck's frame is much strong, the driver is up away from the main area of impact, and science shows you can use a big rock to destroy a little rock of the same or weaker substance. In fact, I bet the guy in the truck would, at most, have a broken leg. Maybe some strain somewhere.

I try to live without regrets. I always try to make the best choice I can with the knowledge I have, and if I mess up, I either correct it, or I move on if it cannot be fixed.

~Dune Walker~

..but he killed a dad

True, and he might feel bad for that..but what about him, actually? He isn't going to be found guilty for anything, I believe. I think he might have been on the right side of the road, while the dad got distracted by the flyer with his son on it and swerved to the wrong side.

nothing, it was just a silly edit from my side... and when you added the scientific things, I just added the psychological factor...

I've could have asked "what about the mother?" instead, or any other detail flashed by in the commercial. So, never mind that. I still think it was a nice touching "film" but with a disgusting purpose.

The key to living life is to commit actions you should regret, but instead of actually regretting them (Assuming you walked away from it.), learn from them and improve yourself. This makes for a fun, enlightening life style. ;)2

nothing, it was just a silly edit from my side... and when you added the scientific things, I just added the psychological factor...

I've could have asked "what about the mother?" instead, or any other detail flashed by in the commercial. So, never mind that. I still think it was a nice touching "film" but with a disgusting purpose.

Definitely, but all commercials are made with a goal in mind. It's never just a goal to "move" you. It's a goal to get what they want from you. Most of the time, it's money. Money for a cause, money in exchange for a product.. It's all about money since they all spent money to originally get there. If they can get a reaction out of you, it increases their chances of getting what they want. It's not really disgusting, just common business no matter how you look at it...

I don't think the dad died, but if he was suppose to, it didn't appear like it. Either way, that's a crazy commercial especially since it's for insurance.

I want to see a commercial that is like the following:

*white background, person standing in front of camera*

Hello. My name is Bob Barker. I'm the spokesperson for Company X. We offer Service Y. Our price rates are Rates A, B, C, and D. Our contacts are R, S, T, and U. Thank you for your time.

No crazy cinematography, no jingles, no actors, no hip youngster with an iPod drinking Coca-Cola in their Porsche. Just flat out factual information. No spin, nothing.

I also have an idea for a brand of cereals, White Box Cereal. It's a white box. In the center on the back is the nutritional information. On the center front it says White Box Cereal, and the type of cereal, like Corn Flakes, underneath that.

~Dune Walker~

I couldn't find a good picture from it but anyone that has seen Repo Man knows how their products were.

repo_man.jpg

No offense Dune, but you suck at graphics design... AND marketing if you think that would sell en masse*. :D2

See, whenever some glitzy advertisement comes on, with an annoying jingle, or celebrity endorsement, or an obnoxious narrator, or anything else, I immediately start to hate the product, regardless of how good it is, because they're treating me like an idiot by thinking their bright colors and blastwave of sounds will appeal to me.

I will not purchase an item that is not good enough to be sold on its own without advertising. If your product is so bad that you need to appeal to the lowest common denominator, I'll take my business elsewhere. I will pay many times the price of the common brand to purchase a superior unknown brand.

Perfect example? Jones soda. Expensive, but worth it. They advertise, yes, so that turns me off slightly. However, their advertisements are generally tactful, and very well done. And they donate a significant portion of their proceeds to charity.

I don't mind a clever or funny commercial. I'm more likely to remember a clever one than a dull one anyway. But don't treat me like an idiot with felgercarb like the Fanta commercials. Oh hey! Half naked, underweight women with breast implants dressed in bright colors! And they're dancing evocatively while singing a nonsense song about a crappy beverage! I'm sold! And its even worse if they market something to kids. COOCOO FOR COCOA PUFFS!!!! A-HEY HEY!!!!

/rant off

*mutters*

~Dune~

The thing isn't that they're "not good enough to sell without advertising". It's that they'll be drowned out by the competition if they don't advertise. Just because LoTR has an ad up on MMORPG.com doesn't mean it's a bad game, it just means not everyone knows about it.

As for the White Box and everything..Yeah, it was sort of once around, hehe. Only problem though was that back then, they were really cheap but also the worst parts of everything.

I have nothing against advertising the existance of LoTR Online. However, if their ad campaign features half-naked elven women, flashy graphics or colors, buzz words and catch-phrases, or a celebrity endorsement, I will think very poorly about the entire game and the company who makes it.

What I particularly hate are commercials that don't sell a product, but that sell a lifestyle. Like most alcohal commercials. "If you drink this brand of beer/wine/vodka/whatever you'll be a sexy ladies' man and will be ultra popular! Everyone will like you when you drink this beverage! You'll be charismatic and always have fun, and you'll be the life of the party!"

Or car commercials, where trucks make you manly and strong, sports cars make you popular and successful, and luxury cars make you refined and intelligent.

When your advertisements deal almost entirely with a "lifestyle" and not a quality product, something is wrong. Old Navy is not "fun in fleece", it's Chinese sweatshop clothing sold at crazy prices. And people buy it!

*grumbles and sighs*

Don't mind me.. I'm being cynical...

~Dune~

Back