On The Nile

Thanks Nadia, but i already found two betas. Thank you for offering though.
*sigh* One more exam before SUMMER!! Hopefully i can get a few fics written so I have more to post before next year. Also hopefully i can finish NTS lol. okay, i'll shut up and let you read the chap

Chapter 7

Crowds of people lined the streets, all pushing against one another to get to the front row. Sydney would have laughed, had she not been angry about getting stepped on. Sydney, Irina and Nadia found a place to sit that was perched a few feet above the crowd on someone’s roof. Sydney was kind of concerned that the roof would cave in, but Nadia assured her that it wouldn’t.

They sat on the rooftop for an hour or two before they heard or saw anything. Finally, there was cheering coming from somewhere close by and Sydney knew the procession was starting. She knew that during this parade-like event the Pharaoh and the high priests walked almost one and a half miles from the Temple of Amun to Luxor Temple on the opposite side of the city.

Sydney wondered if she was going to catch a glimpse of Michael or Michael’s father, whom she assumed was the Pharaoh.

As the procession neared, she saw many guards and beautiful women following behind large bed-like platforms that men were sitting on. The first four were filled with older men, balding and potbellied. Sitting atop the last one, she saw Michael. He was dressed in some fancy shawl thing and had gold adorning his wrists and neck. He didn’t look too happy.

Seeing him brought an unexpected smile to her face. Sydney tried to get his attention and stood up, waving her arms. He briefly glanced out of his throne and saw her. He smiled at her from across the crowd as he passed in front of the building she was on.

She watched with a smile as the parade passed and then stood up to leave. She assumed that was all they got to see and looked to Nadia and Irina for confirmation.

“That’s all, right?”

“Yes, they go to the Temple and there’s really nothing for us to see.” Irina explained, not knowing that Sydney knew all this.

“Okay.” Sydney nodded.

“Let’s go home.” Nadia whined, climbing off the roof.

“Agreed. How do you stand this heat?” Sydney asked.

“You’ll get used to it after a few days.” Irina promised with a smile.

Sydney camped out in Irina and Nadia’s house for the next few days, reveling in the cool shade of the home and not having to work. She missed some of her futuristic tools, like her TV and computer, but amused herself with learning about where she was.

No matter what she did, she couldn’t shake the thought of Michael’s smile and his laugh from her mind. She would randomly zone out when talking to Nadia and wonder about what Michael was doing. Was he thinking of her too?

Michael’s days were filled with making appearances and planning events for the festival. He didn’t have much free time, but when he did, he couldn’t get one image out of his mind. The image of Sydney sitting on the palace steps, smiling off into the sunset filled his mind. Her carefree attitude and dimpled cheeks brought a smile to his face.

He couldn’t wait to see her again. He had so many questions to ask her and he wanted to know everything about her. Where she was born, who her family was, if she had siblings, if she was married... Michael hoped she wasn’t married. She hadn’t given off any signs that she was and he hadn’t seen a male near her at the procession, but he didn’t know why he would be concerned about that type of thing. He wanted to spend more time with her either way.

TBC...

thats okay, i'm glad u found two betas.
it was a really cool update!
i'm really liking prince vaughn!
i love this story!
can't wait for more!
plewase update, now!
whines for more! :lol:

iNads

Hey, I just got back from out of town and saw that there is a new update. Thanks for the PM.

Aww, he is in love with her. :blush:

Can't wait for the next update. :woot:

or now... lol, sorry!!

Chapter 8

“Is Sydney here?” Michael asked as he stood in the doorway of Irina’s home. Irina looked as if she was about to faint and Michael cringed. Unfortunately, this was the normal reaction for everyone he met.

“Um… I- uh… No?” Irina stumbled.

“Do you know where she is?” Michael asked, hoping he wasn’t going to make this poor woman faint by talking to her.

“She went with N-Nadia to get some w-water.” Irina answered, pointing down the street and towards the river. Their home was a little less than half a mile from the water’s edge.

“Okay, thank you.”

“You’re welcome Your Highness.” Irina bowed reverently. Michael turned back to his chariot driver and directed him towards the river. He had asked around to find out where Sydney lived and taken a chariot to her house to spend the day with her.

“Sydney?” Michael called as the chariot stopped once more at the side of the river.

“M-Michael? What are you doing here?” Sydney asked as she stood from her kneeling position on the ground. Nadia turned as well and was shocked to see the prince standing before them. Falling to her knees in a bow, Nadia began chanting what sounded like prayers for the Prince. Sydney raised an eyebrow at her strange behavior but set down her water jug and walked towards Michael.

“Hey.” She said quietly, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Hey.” He echoed, a smile on his face from just hearing her voice. She looked just as beautiful in the morning light as she had on the palace steps.

“What’s up- I mean, why are you here?” Sydney asked, trying not to use modern slang. Everyone looked at her strangely and she feared for her safety whenever they did. She wasn’t sure if she would get thrown in a mental prison if they thought she was crazy or something. She already stood out with her pale skin.

“I just thought we could maybe spend the day together?” Michael asked, hoping she wasn’t busy or just not interested.

“Well, I have to finish helping Nadia get water, but I think that’s all.” Sydney smiled. “Hey, Nadia, get up.” She called, looking over her shoulder to see Nadia sheepishly stand with her head still down. “Its just Michael.” Sydney realized that to Nadia, her hanging out with the prince and being so informal must have been disgraceful or out of line.

“Hello, your majesty.” Nadia said reverently, still not looking up.

“Hello.” Michael returned with a sigh. He hated being seen as someone who was so great that no one was up to his level. It made conversations difficult when the other person always feared you would behead them for saying something wrong.

“Can you like, give me one sec?” Sydney held up a finger to get him to wait for her and walked back to Nadia.

“Did you know he was coming here?” Nadia asked quietly.

“No, I haven’t talked to him recently.” Sydney picked up her water jug and walked down towards the water again.

“You’re so impolite to him. He’s the PRINCE, not another slave.” Nadia hissed as she nervously went back to work.

“Did you ever stop to think that maybe he doesn’t like being royalty?” Sydney asked, knowing that was one of the things they had talked about on the palace steps.

“Um… No.” Nadia looked at her like she had sprouted three heads.

“Never mind, lets just hurry up and get this done.” Sydney sighed, gathering up more water until the jug was full. Nadia finished hers too and began walking back towards their house. Sydney struggled greatly getting the heavy pot down the street and was out of breath when they returned home. “God, that’s hard.” Sydney sighed.

“Sydney, the Prince was here asking for you. What did you do?” Irina asked conspiratorially.

“I didn’t do anything, he just wants to hang out with me today.”

“Hang out?” Irina asked. “Is that another one of your weird words?” Irina asked.

“Whatever, I’ll see you later.” Sydney said annoyed, walking out the door without waiting for a response.

“Sorry about that, duty calls, ya know?” Sydney explained as she met Michael back at the river’s edge.

“Right.” Michael nodded, understanding what she meant. Even though she said things he couldn’t understand sometimes, it just made her more mysterious.

“So, what do you wanna do?” Sydney asked, as she watched Michael’s chariot drive away.

“I thought we could stay here, the chief priest wanted to talk to me and I wasn’t in the mood to be bored today.” Sydney had explained to him the meaning of ‘bored’ when they talked on the palace steps when she had said she was bored. This comment received a smile from her.

“So… You wanna go swimming?” Sydney suggested.

TBC...

swimming huh :naughty:
she just wants him to take his clothes off!!!
and swimming is the best excuse

so how does she get back to civilisation aka her time?

Back